ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bg***j2)
    I got 5.2 and 7.1 :eek:

For b,

I did 200 x 6=1200 => 1 day

1200 x 7= 8400 => 7 days

8400 x 52=436800 =>1 year

(436800/8400000) x 100 = 5.2
    btw wasn't it more convenient to do 1200*365?

ReputationRep:
    it seems everyone Ive spoken to got a different number for the market growth, I wonder how big the bracket of what they will allow is?

I originally got 7.7, but just realised its 7.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattDowse)
    it seems everyone Ive spoken to got a different number for the market growth, I wonder how big the bracket of what they will allow is?

I originally got 7.7, but just realised its 7.1
    I put down 7.14% to 2 dp as I am used to writing it to 2dp in maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocky Chainani)
    btw wasn't it more convenient to do 1200*365?
    heh..

did anyone include calculations in 2b and 2c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06masong)
    Really? I knew the formula to work out revenue but used figures from table 1 / location A. At 200 customers per day with an average spend of £6, revenue = 6 x 200 x 365 for the year?

I can remember the first market size figure at 8.4m but not sure on the second?
    it was market growth not her business so you were suppose to only use the increase of market from 8.4 in 2013 to 9 in 2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bg***j2)
    heh..

did anyone include calculations in 2b and 2c?
    I included in 2 b the location i calculated the difference between
    200*6 in A and 150*5 at B and got 375 pounds more revenue each day
    so (375/365) 136 875 more revenue a year . Which is probably unneeded and to some extend wrong ....... its just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    about entrepreneur i wrote about having flaxible time being her own boss making her routine which she did not like at old workplace bla bla bla bla bla bla just benefits you can find in the book + application and some analysis

ReputationRep:
    Got it tomorrow, dreading it!
    What topics are worth revising?

ReputationRep:
    guys i dont we should be discussing this exam until tom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man1ac)
    about entrepreneur i wrote about having flaxible time being her own boss making her routine which she did not like at old workplace bla bla bla bla bla bla just benefits you can find in the book + application and some analysis
    Which question was that about, what were her motives?

ReputationRep:
    The answers for M share was 3.9% and market growth was 7.1%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06masong)
    Really? I knew the formula to work out revenue but used figures from table 1 / location A. At 200 customers per day with an average spend of £6, revenue = 6 x 200 x 365 for the year?

I can remember the first market size figure at 8.4m but not sure on the second?
    I thought the formula was product sales/ total market sales x 100?! So did the last quarter I jan )100000) divided by 8.4 million or something?! Agh and they were 6 marks together?! I also used my answer in c with the market share for 2014?! To fix the doffernce and divide it by the original ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack0213123)
    Does someone usually do one as it would be interested to see one?
    People normally do for other subjects so I was hoping so :')

ReputationRep:
    The market share one I knew the formulae but must have calculated the sales revenue wrong as I didn't get 3.9% I got the 7.1% right though. I agree some of the information was limited for about 2 questions to develop points clearly and then back it up with the case study.

ReputationRep:
    I got 7.1 for the market growth and didn't put an answer for market share. :/

ReputationRep:
    relax...if you have put in the correct working out i.e. formula then you will lose no more than one mark according to AQA examiner

ReputationRep:
    would you lose a mark if you did not include the % ?? Im sure I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    I got 7.1 for the market growth and didn't put an answer for market share. :/
    same here ;{

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious and i can't find the answer here so if somebody could clarify, that'd be great.

The market share question, was it the following:

Add together all the sales income in each quarter within the forecast
    Divide by the current market size (£8.4 million)
    * 100 to change it into a %

I'm pretty sure that was right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scaz)
    I'm curious and i can't find the answer here so if somebody could clarify, that'd be great.

The market share question, was it the following:

Add together all the sales income in each quarter within the forecast
    Divide by the current market size (£8.4 million)
    * 100 to change it into a %

I'm pretty sure that was right...
    Yeah, that's what I did too, got 3.9% as the answer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.