Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,I recently reseached some uni's and one of the was Birmingham, where I would like to study Computer Systems Engineering. The link is below....
    http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students...ryRequirements
    the entry requirement says the following..
    Required subjects and grades: at least one science or technology A level. Mathematics A or AS level preferred but not required: if no Mathematics A level or AS level is offered, Mathematics GCSE grade A is the minimum requirement
    the BOLD Stuff I heighlighted what do they mean?? are they saying that it would be perfectly acceptable if a student did Design and technology instead of a science?? i want to know this becaouse i am planning to drop physics due to poor performence and lack of understanding..so anyways will i get away and have the chance of getting into birmingham uni with Design Technology? by the way i do maths, D.T I.C.T and PHysics at alevels and i am planning to make a decison to drop the physics course..also i have already been warned by my teachers that if i get another U i will be chucked of the course.. so u might understand that i have ended up with a lot of previous U's and that is why i am planning to make this desicion, but pleas could you help me with the query
    thanks!
    Merry christmas and a happy new year!

ReputationRep:
    ICT should count as "at least one technology" and maybe also maths. So if you are continuing with maths, DT, and ICT then that should be sufficient to meet that particular requirement. However I would check directly with the admissions tutor whether they recognise DT for offer purposes.

If I were you I would also be focused on the fact that their usual offer is AAA and you are getting U's in a subject. Are you getting grade A's in your other subjects?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.