Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I just got a conditional offer from Bournemouth university to study multimedia journalism, I'm really excited as it's my first choice! However, I'm really uncertain that I'll get the required UCAS points...do you think this is a real problem? How strict are they when you get your final grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The leniency on grades depends on the University. A lot of them still accept applicants if they miss the offer by a grade or so. You could ask them yourself, or they might have information about that on their website.

ReputationRep:
    is yours 320 points? because I read that it's possible that they'll accept 300 but its not certain... so I've emailed to ask if my AS which I dropped counts.. because I got a C in that... would make getting the remaining 280 easier, and as I need an A in English, I'd only need CC in the others if that is the case...

no idea if this was helpful but :L

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Ah, that has really helped yes. Thank you! 😊😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how lenient they are to.

My offer is at the lower end of what they accept, so I think they'll be less lenient with me and more leninet with someone whose offer was well above the minimum, so if they dropped a grade, they will still have at least the minimum offered for that course.

I hope that makes sense ie my course is 260-320 points. I am predicted 260 points, if I drop a grade then my points won't meet their minimum. But if you're predicted 320 and you drop to *only* 300/280, then they're more likely to accept you because your grades are still within their accepted range for that course. But they don't give everyone the minimum offer, else people on course for As will slack a bit and may not put 100% focus in. Also a higher offer means you're more likely to put it as your firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that makes complete sense, thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.