Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you talk more when you get nervous or talk less Watch

ReputationRep:
    Too much, unfortunately end up embarassing myself..

ReputationRep:
    In most situations ( not just talking to a crush, cos um id never talk to a crush haha)I find myself "trying to say something in the simplest way possible" so instead of saying " I'd like the purple one please! " I'd be like "umm purple"

ReputationRep:
    Shy. And when I do have to talk, I over-analyse what I say as well, which often leads to stuttering and mixing up words.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I never shut up. I just blush with it. And laugh a lot, which is sometimes inappropriate...especially at funerals lol

I know..I am terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leenarein)
    like when you're talking to your crush, do you find yourself blabbering or do you tend to get shy and not say much?
    less.. or talking nonsense..

ReputationRep:
    I either rush to the point where I have to stop and repeat every word or I say nothing until whoever I'm talking with walks away looking back at me pitifully. Don't worry, one day I'll create a pill that solves all these problems. Imagine all the possibilities! :woo:

Thank god it's not just me...I thought I had some sort of speech impediment
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well I definitely did once.

*On my work experience*
    Scottish guy I was working with: How're you?
    Me: Gooood (in a stupidly ott Scottish accent, and I'm not even Scottish)

I promptly started babbling rubbish to distract him from my idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    No real difference.

Don't really get nervous when talking though. When talking to large groups I make an effort to talk more slowly but that's because I generally talk quite fast anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm stressed at the time I hardly say a thing

If I'm not then I talk non stop

If I talk to the guy I've liked for a number of years (we talk daily now) I end up talking normally but when I see him I get all shy and embarassed

ReputationRep:
    I spend ages trying to think what I could say, then I spend time thinking 'does what I'm about to say make sense?', then I think 'I know I'm going to mess up so why say anything.' My daily thought process flowchart.

ReputationRep:
    I try to be as concise as possible, oftenspeakingsofastnoonereallyun derstandswhatimsaying.

This was posted from the :sexface: app for the iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leenarein)
    like when you're talking to your crush, do you find yourself blabbering or do you tend to get shy and not say much?
    I start blabbering :facepalm2: But in a shy way too, and sometimes then I apologise at the end of it. Also, my sentence structure is liable to failure.

ReputationRep:
    I talk about the same as I always do, which isn't too much or too little, but I'm more likely to stutter or to blush.

ReputationRep:
    Not say much and sometimes forgot to breath.

ReputationRep:
    me--> :blah:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.