Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did four S2 papers yesterday as well as two M2, feeling a little annoyed because our teacher knew the provisional dates but still timetabled it so we only started learning S2 after half term.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    I have 2 exams(bio and psy) so i'm not under that much stress. I too am doing about 4/5 hours a day (with bit of twitter in between). When i feel prepared i stumble across a question that i have no clue on how to answer to my confidence gets knocked down.
    Same here with bio, I'm on AQA and hating the how science works and application stuff as you can't directly 'learn' it. And it's hard to 'think' about the question when you know the mark scheme is so pedantic and won't accept a wide range of possibilities. I know all the content, it's just learning how to apply it in a way that fits their petty little mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I have bio and physics, not sure if I'm prepared or unprepared. I know all the content for bio but still getting stuck on questions big time. I have a weekend and two days gap between them which is good, better than a days gap like last year. Physics would be okay if only I'd kept up throughout the year, I've had to put so much work in over the holidays but still not finished on the content to start practising questions. Who knows. The things is, the closer I get to exams the less I revise because I panic too much and can't focus. Next time I'm revising as I go along!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reached the stage where you've revised to a point where you know you should... but you just don't have it in you anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thescientist17)
    I have bio and physics, not sure if I'm prepared or unprepared. I know all the content for bio but still getting stuck on questions big time. I have a weekend and two days gap between them which is good, better than a days gap like last year. Physics would be okay if only I'd kept up throughout the year, I've had to put so much work in over the holidays but still not finished on the content to start practising questions. Who knows. The things is, the closer I get to exams the less I revise because I panic too much and can't focus. Next time I'm revising as I go along!
    im really regretting not revise as i go alot making flash cards and stuff, im doing that from now on because most of my revision time was taken up re doing the course when i should of been doing past papers! :'(

ps are you doing as biology? i am

ReputationRep:
    same here with bio, i'm on aqa and hating the how science works and application stuff as you can't directly 'learn' it. And it's hard to 'think' about the question when you know the mark scheme is so pedantic and won't accept a wide range of possibilities. I know all the content, it's just learning how to apply it in a way that fits their petty little mark scheme. :s
    this is exactly my problem :'(

ReputationRep:
    are these the last ever january exams? im at as now so will all my a2 exams be in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamboogy)
    Anyone reached the stage where you've revised to a point where you know you should... but you just don't have it in you anymore?
    Exactly this. I've actually got to the point where I'm looking forward to my exams just because it means they will be over with and I'll be able to relax for a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morvenrkr)
    are these the last ever january exams? im at as now so will all my a2 exams be in the summer?
    Yes and yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morvenrkr)
    I'm in Wales and I think it varies by exam board but we're carrying on with modulars

ReputationRep:
    As much as I like having the exams split up into January and the summer, the January ones are a pain to revise for because of the Christmas time when only the real geeks are bothered to do some. I tend to try and start revising bits, write notes etc. during mid December, stop for about a week over Christmas time then start again only to find I cant be asked, then cram in the week before the exams (which has worked for me so far).

I have 3 exams in January: Core 3-maths (AQA), Statistics 1-maths (AQA) and The Newtonian world-Physics (OCR).

I find stats so easy especially as its an AS paper so I have only done a couple past papers for revision to help jog my mind, done a bit for Physics but need to do a bit more and Core 3.... I struggle with this paper. The books cant prepare you for the exam even if you have a reasonable understanding of every chapter. Its like a good half of the paper is integration and I personally struggle with finishing in time for this one. Any one else find this for Core 3?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like January exams because no matter how many times I tell myself that it's a real exam and I need to work hard at the back of my mind I know there is always the oppurtunity of a re sit in June so I don't have the same level of motivation. Exams in June seem more 'real' and final as its the end of year and you'd have to wait til jan to re sit again (well under the old rules). And I cannot focus over Christmas. Exams ruin christmas!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't like January exams because no matter how many times I tell myself that it's a real exam and I need to work hard at the back of my mind I know there is always the oppurtunity of a re sit in June so I don't have the same level of motivation. Exams in June seem more 'real' and final as its the end of year and you'd have to wait til jan to re sit again (well under the old rules). And I cannot focus over Christmas. Exams ruin christmas!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's why I did all my AS physics on June. I've only one more ruined Christmas now as on third year uni I have no January exams on my course!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdoyle)
    That's why I did all my AS physics on June. I've only one more ruined Christmas now as on third year uni I have no January exams on my course!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I am doing politics retakes this jan

I paid for it already but tbh i don't think i am ready or will achieve a good grade.
    Do you think i should just leave it and retake them in june, or do the exams even though i will probs get a bad grade?

ReputationRep:
    WOOOO EXAMS ARE OVER IN TWO AND A HALF WEEKS WOOOOO! ...for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    I am doing politics retakes this jan

I paid for it already but tbh i don't think i am ready or will achieve a good grade.
    Do you think i should just leave it and retake them in june, or do the exams even though i will probs get a bad grade?
    In EXACTLY the same position. Done next to nothing. Going to try and just get my head down the next few days and take it. I keep putting it off, just hate going back through something I wish I was finished with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendarnes)
    In EXACTLY the same position. Done next to nothing. Going to try and just get my head down the next few days and take it. I keep putting it off, just hate going back through something I wish I was finished with.
    yep!

im okay with sociology and english, it's just politics.

not sure if i should take the exam and get a bad grade or just do not take it and do it in june.

ReputationRep:
    F324 - ready
    F325 - 75% ready
    F215 OCR biology - 80% ready
    PSYA4 psychology - Most of Research methods done, but totally screwed for the two essays

ReputationRep:
    Been panic revising over winter holidays staying up ridiculous hours every night but results are finally showing I've been getting As/A*s in papers Bloody hope that it isn't a fluke and I'll do that well in the real thing. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I need some revision material any one feeling generous :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.