Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Should i spend the last day before my biology exam revising my notes or doing past papers? (i've only done 2 past papers so i dont know if that's enough)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    yep!

im okay with sociology and english, it's just politics.

not sure if i should take the exam and get a bad grade or just do not take it and do it in june.
    Same!! I have a biology and history retake and i do not feel like i'm gonna get a good grade at all so i'm wondering whether i should just abandon it and do it in june.

ReputationRep:
    Biology tomorrow, chemistry and psychology the day after?

Should I focus on JUST bio today or what? Aaaaah. I have done all the past papers so is there any point doing them again?

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 exams, and none of them i feel prepared for! and too make it worst i have been struck with contagious tonsillitis, which is making it hard for me too concentrate.. HELLO SUMMER RESITS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    Biology tomorrow, chemistry and psychology the day after?

Should I focus on JUST bio today or what? Aaaaah. I have done all the past papers so is there any point doing them again?
    Same, i have been revising all, but not as heavy on chem and psychology as i have been doing with biology today!

ReputationRep:
    I have 3. biology as is going well, biology a2 is ok but chem a2 is not fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samaaf)
    Should i spend the last day before my biology exam revising my notes or doing past papers? (i've only done 2 past papers so i dont know if that's enough)

Personally I think I would revise your notes AND look at the mark schemes of the past papers but don't bother attempting the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samaaf)
    Same!! I have a biology and history retake and i do not feel like i'm gonna get a good grade at all so i'm wondering whether i should just abandon it and do it in june.

really not sure what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Well I am finding this revision site (that someone posted in an other thread here) to be quite useful
    Revision Materials

especially the the Q&A page
    http://www.biologymad.com/ASrevision...0Questions.pdf

People could go through it for some fast catching up to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazashii)
    Well I am finding this revision site (that someone posted in an other thread here) to be quite useful
    Revision Materials

especially the the Q&A page
    http://www.biologymad.com/ASrevision...0Questions.pdf

People could go through it for some fast catching up to.
    Is there one of these for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 7 exams.
    4 AS and 3 A2.
    2 of the AS are resits and I'm sitting the whole of AS gen studies (I've been given two offers that accept GS so I guess it matters now).
    I feel mostly prepared for my 4 AS ones and more than slightly nervous about my A2 ones. Hopefully with get 4 B's in my AS ones and at least BBC in my A2 ones so I have a chance of meeting my BBB offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thescientist17)
    Is there one of these for A2?
    Well browsing that site all I found was these 2 pages
    Don't know if it helps or not

resources

SiteMap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazashii)
    Well browsing that site all I found was these 2 pages
    Don't know if it helps or not

resources

SiteMap
    Oh right some of that stuff looks useful but there's quite a lot unlike the AS summary type sheets! I will probably have a quick skim over it tomorrow, was tempted to print it all off but I am absolutely overwhelmed with paper work at the moment! Printed off waaaay too many things that I'll never have time to read!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    I am doing politics retakes this jan

I paid for it already but tbh i don't think i am ready or will achieve a good grade.
    Do you think i should just leave it and retake them in june, or do the exams even though i will probs get a bad grade?
    exact same scenario here for PSYA3. have been entered but not gonna go. was in two minds at the time to leave it to June as well. I would leave it to June in your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    I am doing politics retakes this jan

I paid for it already but tbh i don't think i am ready or will achieve a good grade.
    Do you think i should just leave it and retake them in june, or do the exams even though i will probs get a bad grade?
    same here with PSYA3. June would be best for you but its your decision.

ReputationRep:
    actually going quite well, feel confident enough!! However not being doing as much the past couple of days so neeed to get back to work. Got enough time as well, my geography exam isn't until next week.

ReputationRep:
    Badly. I have 4 exams, and I am doing work for 3 of them but it's not going well.. And the 4th exam is just a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdoyle)
    exact same scenario here for PSYA3. have been entered but not gonna go. was in two minds at the time to leave it to June as well. I would leave it to June in your case.
    what happens if you don't go. don't you get a u?

also you might as well go you know, if you have paid, you never know, you could get a high grade. you can retake it if you do not do well.

ReputationRep:
    Finding it very hard to motivate myself to revise, but have been doing so, mostly notes and past papers. I've seen an improvement so that's helping the stress and anxiousness. Still feel like I haven't done enough, even though I'm doing a sold 1-2 hours, which is pretty much the maximum I can tolerate. I cannot see how people can do 3-4 hours a night...

ReputationRep:
    2 exams down 1 to go biatches
    wooooo

chemistry was slightly hard but i coped decently well business i somehow passed and i have worked out i should have 72% minimum hope it ends up that way

only physics to go - wish me luck chaps and chapettes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.