Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boumavilla)
    I have AS-Physics and AS-Maths January modules. Physics is going fairly well now, but Maths isn't :no:
    One of my Maths teachers is terribleawfulapallingshocking and I'm really struggling on 2 of the 8 chapters that she taught me. Shame that they seem to come up a lot on papers :sigh:
    Which topics are you struggling on and which exam board are you on

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 exams History Resit and Sociology Unit 2 education History I'm confident as for Sociology I keep forgetting bits of info here and there but it's going ok.

ReputationRep:
    I need help guys! 5 EXAMS AND IM DYINNNGGG
    Im trying to work, but lack motivation I always say tomorrow but tomorrow never comes
    I literally know nothing for this one subject *cough geography where i have 4 damn exams!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyowoahwoah)
    Im trying to work, but lack motivation I always say tomorrow but tomorrow never comes
    I literally know nothing for this one subject *cough geography where i have 4 damn exams!!!!!!!!
    Same which exam board are you on? I have Geo Edexcel A2 mocks and i havent prepared yet

ReputationRep:
    A2 or AS
    exam board
    topics

then i will see if i can help :P

ReputationRep:
    When and what exams

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_clouds)
    Same which exam board are you on? I have Geo Edexcel A2 mocks and i havent prepared yet
    moks in jan? we had ours in december
    Edexcel how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenome)
    A2 or AS
    exam board
    topics

then i will see if i can help :P
    Im retaking two AS modules
    Edexcel exam oard and then this years A2 contested planet exam too
    I need help with water

Its just sooooo much to remember
    I have crunched my notes down to 70ish pages for each unit= 210 sheets to learn
    hw the hell am i supposed to do that in less than two weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    When and what exams

Posted from TSR iPad
    in about 2 weeks
    AS and A2 geography

ReputationRep:
    moks in jan? we had ours in december
    Edexcel how about you?
    Yes our school is a bit weird. I scored 117/120 in AS Geography and still have my notes for unit 1, so if you need any i can send them to you. I find that if you stress out too much during the exam and dont feel confident, your grade can decrease substantially, especially in essay subjects. Just start revising early in the morning and take regular breaks

I should follow my own advice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    not going

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking two AS modules
    Edexcel exam oard and then this years A2 contested planet exam too
    I need help with water

Its just sooooo much to remember
    I have crunched my notes down to 70ish pages for each unit= 210 sheets to learn
    hw the hell am i supposed to do that in less than two weeks?
    if you have already crunched them down as much as possible just start a plan (like mine on the previous pages) if you work it out like that your revision should end up becoming a lot easier the breaks seem too come up way too often and time flies by and you also cover a lot of work

Best of luck - i cant help you more because i didnt have water on my exam last year (does your paper involve flooding rising water levels etc) but make sure you always involve the/a case study if you dont get one in you cant get more than 3/4 marks per question

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 exams (AS resits) and revision is not going very well, i've been ill for the past week and can't remember any of the topics i previously revised!
    Starting to wish that i chose to re-take my AS English Lit exam in June instead of January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_clouds)
    Yes our school is a bit weird. I scored 117/120 in AS Geography and still have my notes for unit 1, so if you need any i can send them to you. I find that if you stress out too much during the exam and dont feel confident, your grade can decrease substantially, especially in essay subjects. Just start revising early in the morning and take regular breaks

I should follow my own advice :rolleyes:
    woah how the hell did you get 117/120???
    thats amazinnnggg
    any tips/tricks for acing geography?
    thank you, I would really appreciate it if you sent them to me

ReputationRep:
    was ill for a while

maths - fine, just want it to be over and done with
    biology - literally just started revision, exams on the 9th
    chemistry - utter bull
    psychology - cant be bothered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.Rose)
    I have 3 exams (AS resits) and revision is not going very well, i've been ill for the past week and can't remember any of the topics i previously revised!
    Starting to wish that i chose to re-take my AS English Lit exam in June instead of January
    I recommend starting with light revision so take a few words from key definitions or questions and inversely work out what they are from - helped me out but i am labeled as insane so i am not sure if it will work amazingly or if this even makes sense

ReputationRep:
    if you have already crunched them down as much as possible just start a plan (like mine on the previous pages) if you work it out like that your revision should end up becoming a lot easier the breaks seem too come up way too often and time flies by and you also cover a lot of work

Best of luck - i cant help you more because i didnt have water on my exam last year (does your paper involve flooding rising water levels etc) but make sure you always involve the/a case study if you dont get one in you cant get more than 3/4 marks per question
    Thank you
    What plan?

and what was yyour geography exam board?
    Im currently doing Edexcel, the contested planets module with 6 units in it

ReputationRep:
    work out a system go back through my posts and take a look at what i have done.
    the whole day is planned like this:
    30 mins of work, 10 min break, 30 min work, 20 min break, 30 min work, 1 hour break, 30 min work, 10 min break, 30 min work, 10 min break, 30 min work, 20 min break, 30 min work, 10 min break, 30 min work

each break have a drink of water or other liquid, in the hour break eat a meal (sandwich for example i had left over curry earlier because i am fat XD) - also with each break leave the room you were revising in and do something else that is very important

day 1 i went over all my past papers i had done in school and checked them over for any gaps in my knowledge (there was quite a bit) and i found the definitions and model answer and put it on a flash card, next day i did a whole book of exam papers (4-7 papers worth of questions) and found my gaps. Third day (today) i am putting in my gaps today into flash cards as well to look back at when i get stuck

I am doing this for every topic so i have to do a day of chemistry questions tomorrow and answers the day after - i don't necessarily like the how long it is but it has already helped me quite a bit

but yeah that is my scheme at the moment - if you just want to do a past paper - alot the time set and add the breaks together and have the large break after the paper is finished
    Thanks a lot xD
    I've just been shopping all day - great start to my revision
    But il start soon
    Thanks il make some sort of timetable!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    What plan?

and what was yyour geography exam board?
    Im currently doing Edexcel, the contested planets module with 6 units in it
    I did edexcel aswell i believe - my plan is at the top of page 4 in this thread hope you find it helpful

i did water, climate and another subject in G1 and something like population and 2 other topics in G2 sorry im am not specific i dont have the best on the spot memory no matter how hard i wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loknath)
    Thanks a lot xD
    I've just been shopping all day - great start to my revision
    But il start soon
    Thanks il make some sort of timetable!
    no problem - i was given that by an educational psycologist - supposed to be 6 hours a day not 4 but i had to cut it down a bit (bad attention span with dcd XD) if you want to put it up to 5 or 6 hours you can see the routine and sub in the breaks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.