Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied via the online application system for a part time job. Within minutes of clicking the 'submit application' button I received the email saying "you have been successful, your application has been passed on to the manager. You should hear back within a week (or words to that affect)"

It's been a week and I have received no reply. I would go into the store but it's still being built and due to open in March. The jobs only became available online within the last two weeks as I've been checking.

Does this mean I didn't get the job?
    Should I resubmit an application?

ReputationRep:
    I got the exact same response when i applied on sunday. It said in the email that I'd be contacted this week by the manager if there was something suitable for me. I'd advise you to apply for other part time jobs..KFC might ring you as it's still not opened yet but carry on with your job search. Don't make the mistake of being successful in a stage and stopping your job search, continue it until you find one!

I applied to KFC, and got the same response and not heard anything from the manager. But I also applied at river island on friday and got an interview for next month. Although I have an interview I'm still applying to every suitable job I see..because you just never know.

Good Luck xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.