Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Going to a clubbing event and dress code is smart casual & no trainers.

Now I'm thinking dark navy blue trousers, belt, white shirt (tucked in) and black shoes.

Would this be ok?

ReputationRep:
    With blue trousers definitely go with brown shoes, brogues or something if you have them. Your top half might be a little boring bit you can accessorise a but, say with a nice watch or some jewellery. Ideally though wear a shirt with a bit of colour, if nothing else white is high risk when there's drinks around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't have brogues -the white shirt is like this:

http://www.riverisland.com/men/shirt...-shirt--262072

ReputationRep:
    Shirt + jeans --> Smart/casual
    Shoes --> Not trainers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicatre)
    Shirt + jeans --> Smart/casual
    Shoes --> Not trainers
    Problem is right, I'm fine with shirts and jeans but apart from trainers, I only have loafers - I don't think they would go well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPhone)
    Problem is right, I'm fine with shirts and jeans but apart from trainers, I only have loafers - I don't think they would go well.
    It's fine. They're both not and smarter than trainers.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm a fan of that shirt, but go with some slim, very dark jeans. As someone said above blue denim and brown shoes (or tan or even oxblood) are the optimum combination, but black can work if the jeans are very very dark. Your belt must match your shoes or it's a fashion faux pas by default.

ReputationRep:
    Would something like this be ok?

http://photo.mensfashionforless.com/...er-loafers.jpg

I can match that nicely ^

ReputationRep:
    Quick bump as I need to know by today

ReputationRep:
    Yes that would be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.