Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry. Of the A*s I got, it was the only one that I got more than 1% over the boundary for. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    A* full marks in Chemistry, A* in German speaking, A* in English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    A* in Maths and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in Maths, Im sure many of u got A*/A grades but I got my B without ANY teachers. It was just constant revising from some random internet websites lol

ReputationRep:
    Maths - my only A*

ReputationRep:
    maths was the only A* i got overall but i also got full marks in an english literature paper and physical geography

ReputationRep:
    I got a quite a few A*s but Physics and R.E I got 100% in across all modules.
    Quite proud of chemistry too 100% across all modules except the coursework which was a D so it dragged it down to an A.

I will forever celebrate 118/120 in the english lang exam that apparently everyone flopped. I was genuinely a C/D grade student, my teacher entered me for foundation the first time, I spoke to the head of department to let me sit the higher paper, went though so much hassle, of course it payed off.

ReputationRep:
    Math A* and an A in English since I didn't have stable English teacher and had to self study

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A distinction in my IT GCSE, equivalent to A*A, or my A in triple science biology.

ReputationRep:
    My A's in Chemistry and English, turns out having a terrifying teacher that screams at you every time you get an answer wrong does help you get things right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    My A* in history was my best 197/200 with full marks in coursework, source paper and 3 off full marks in my Germany paper.

My A* in geography is the one I'm most proud of cause frankly I did **** all in Geography and probably didn't deserve a B let alone an A*
    hey, i got a Paper 2 GCSE exam on 23rd January 2013 and since u got full marks is it okay if u tell me some tips on how to get an A*? because that is what i am aiming for..
    btw i do history schools project Crime and Punishment (and Germany 1919-1945) but the Paper 2 exam is on Peterloo. (thats what my teacher said)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    BTEC Pe and Business I got Distinction*(A*) but they are all coursework.

Exams only I got a B in maths then C's in everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    hey, i got a Paper 2 GCSE exam on 23rd January 2013 and since u got full marks is it okay if u tell me some tips on how to get an A*? because that is what i am aiming for..
    btw i do history schools project Crime and Punishment (and Germany 1919-1945) but the Paper 2 exam is on Peterloo. (thats what my teacher said)

Thanks
    I did OCR Germany with British depth study. However, if Paper 2 is your source paper it is ALL about technique. just learn how to approach the questions. Ask your teacher for how to answer the question styles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    I did OCR Germany with British depth study. However, if Paper 2 is your source paper it is ALL about technique. just learn how to approach the questions. Ask your teacher for how to answer the question styles.
    okay but did ur teacher know what the topic of the paper 2 was?

ReputationRep:
    Got A*s in Biology, Chemistry & Physics, can't remember how much I got for each though.

ReputationRep:
    My only A* was in french....but this was 8 years ago :eek:

ReputationRep:
    As for French and Engineering

A* full marks in maths GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Still doing GCSE's but best module so far was physics - I don't like it much plus i thought it would be worse than other sciences.. but I got full ums marks :eek:

I must have looked at the wrong name by mistake, but I'm not gonna question anything

ReputationRep:
    Got an A in Biology. I wish I had put more effort into my GCSEs though .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.