Turn on thread page Beta

Questions when asking for work exp watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Before when I have asked for work exp im faced with that difficult question "are you a client of ours?" And get declined because I'm not. I take my dog to a SA only vet and im trying to get mixed animal work exp. how do I react if they ask this question baring in mind I am desperate for mixed animal experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by daniel1005)
    Before when I have asked for work exp im faced with that difficult question "are you a client of ours?" And get declined because I'm not. I take my dog to a SA only vet and im trying to get mixed animal work exp. how do I react if they ask this question baring in mind I am desperate for mixed animal experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Pretty sure they won't expect you to be a farmer

On the serious side, not sure why/how they can do that. I've never been asked that question. Its probably just a one off question.

I'm not sure where you went, but I'm sure a lot of places wont ask you if you are a client of theirs, especially not a vets or any places that deal with animals.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've had places reject me because I was "outside their catchment area" despite the fact I was able to travel or stay with family friends. I've not had any place ask if I was their client or not, so I would just keep trying. If you can't find a mixed practise, perhaps look for a dedicated farm or equine practise. I found it difficult to get LA vet work to be honest as a pre-vet student. In the end I did most of my work at a SA vets and did 1 week equine, 1 week farm vet (who just happened to visit a local farm) and still got interviewed everywhere I applied. All I can say is - keep trying!

ReputationRep:
    I've had several equine vets ask me if I was a client of theirs. The only thing to do is to keep on trying and maybe go further afield to look. I had to phone at least 6 equine vets until I got a placement.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.