Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Travelling on my own to Thailand this January Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm heading off to south east asia for a few months this January on my own, starting in Thailand.

Is meeting other travellers easy? Starting to get nervous now!

If anyone has any experiences that will be brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Just head straight to the Khaosan Road as soon as you arrive in Bangkok, your worries will be eased.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you have a great time!

I am travelling solo to Thailand in February, staying for 2-3 weeks plus a week in Cambodia to see Angkor Wat.

Make sure you do lots of daytrips from Bangkok, such as Kanchanaburi (for Bridge on the River Kwai and the Death Railway), Ayyuthaya, Sukhothai, and maybe even the beach at Pattaya.

Are you staying in a hostel?

ReputationRep:
    are you on an organised tour or just backpacking? either way it should be fine like in the hostels youll be hard pressed not to meet people!

ReputationRep:
    Staying in hostels!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.