Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend has met this guy from work. At first she said he flirted with her saying he liked her but apparently he stopped. A month and a half later they're best friends now apparently. She goes out with him drinking and over to his place on her own or with some other work people average twice per week.

When hes drunk he rings her at 2 in the morning and they chat for ages and she does the same. He went on holiday for a week and sent her postcards and brought specifically her back lots of gifts. I noticed also that they have huge facebook message convos some of which they're calling me humiliating names.

Since this has been going on she has not made time for me, saying that we should only meet up/talk once per week. Before we would spend loads of time together and she'd come stay at my house, we'd go out to the cinema, clubbing etc.

We had made plans to go out on our date, we had it all planned out a week in advance (note we hadn't seen or spoken for a week) and she was supposed to come to mine before we went out we're a 10min train or bus journey from each other but she didn't show up. I waited for 3 hours tried ringing her mobile and her house phone but no answer. She rang me 5 hours late and apologised saying that she had to go into work early because she left her phone there. When she turned up she looked tired and very guilty, we had an ok time but she insisted she paid for everything which was unusual but nice.

Turns out she went out with this guy and hadn't left her phone at work at all, she lied. Then about a week later having not heard from her I went to her house and asked if she wanted to come out for a bit just for a walk or something, she did. When walking she got a phone call from this guy on the way she looked at it saw that I saw and looked guilty as hell. I said answer it she said no and put her phone away. I asked her why, she said I don't want to. I went to kiss her when we walked home to say goodbye and she put nothing into it and pulled away quickly and looked as though she was about to cry and rushed in quickly.

This guy has been posting lots on her facebook and her doing the same, people have been asking me and her if anything was going on which she denies.

I decided to confront her at a friends party since it was the only time I was going to see her and she went completely cold and said I didn't trust her and ran off crying to her friends. She locked herself in a room and eventually agreed to speak to me. I asked her if she had kissed him or anything and she went completely mad, starting slapping me in the face twice and kept screaming "**** off, stay out of my life". I turned and walked out the front door in tears at which point she chased me crying and saying shes sorry but got brought back in by her friends.

Upset I sent her a message saying I'm breaking up with her. The next morning I regretted it greatly and rang her asking to work this out but she said she didn't want too. This guy started writing inappropriate stuff on her Facebook about me for everyone to see.

We broke up for a couple of days before she rang me asking me to be with her again apologised saying she knew what she was doing was wrong but did not admitting to cheating. I agreed (almost too easily) to get back together but only if she never speaks to him again. Its been a few months now I haven't a clue if she still speaks to him since she removed and blocked him from Facebook.

Am I doing the right thing or should I leave? I don't trust her now though and it still hurts a bit.

*Did my girlfriend cheat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend has met this guy from work. At first she said he flirted with her saying he liked her but apparently he stopped. A month and a half later they're best friends now apparently. She goes out with him drinking and over to his place on her own or with some other work people average twice per week.

When hes drunk he rings her at 2 in the morning and they chat for ages and she does the same. He went on holiday for a week and sent her postcards and brought specifically her back lots of gifts. I noticed also that they have huge facebook message convos some of which they're calling me humiliating names.

Since this has been going on she has not made time for me, saying that we should only meet up/talk once per week. Before we would spend loads of time together and she'd come stay at my house, we'd go out to the cinema, clubbing etc.

We had made plans to go out on our date, we had it all planned out a week in advance (note we hadn't seen or spoken for a week) and she was supposed to come to mine before we went out we're a 10min train or bus journey from each other but she didn't show up. I waited for 3 hours tried ringing her mobile and her house phone but no answer. She rang me 5 hours late and apologised saying that she had to go into work early because she left her phone there. When she turned up she looked tired and very guilty, we had an ok time but she insisted she paid for everything which was unusual but nice.

Turns out she went out with this guy and hadn't left her phone at work at all, she lied. Then about a week later having not heard from her I went to her house and asked if she wanted to come out for a bit just for a walk or something, she did. When walking she got a phone call from this guy on the way she looked at it saw that I saw and looked guilty as hell. I said answer it she said no and put her phone away. I asked her why, she said I don't want to. I went to kiss her when we walked home to say goodbye and she put nothing into it and pulled away quickly and looked as though she was about to cry and rushed in quickly.

This guy has been posting lots on her facebook and her doing the same, people have been asking me and her if anything was going on which she denies.

I decided to confront her at a friends party since it was the only time I was going to see her and she went completely cold and said I didn't trust her and ran off crying to her friends. She locked herself in a room and eventually agreed to speak to me. I asked her if she had kissed him or anything and she went completely mad, starting slapping me in the face twice and kept screaming "**** off, stay out of my life". I turned and walked out the front door in tears at which point she chased me crying and saying shes sorry but got brought back in by her friends.

Upset I sent her a message saying I'm breaking up with her. The next morning I regretted it greatly and rang her asking to work this out but she said she didn't want too. This guy started writing inappropriate stuff on her Facebook about me for everyone to see.

We broke up for a couple of days before she rang me asking me to be with her again apologised saying she knew what she was doing was wrong but did not admitting to cheating. I agreed (almost too easily) to get back together but only if she never speaks to him again. Its been a few months now I haven't a clue if she still speaks to him since she removed and blocked him from Facebook.

Am I doing the right thing or should I leave? I don't trust her now though and it still hurts a bit.
    Leave the ***** ass woman. She is wasting your time. Any fool could see that she was banging this dude. I woudl leave her. Be strong bro, much better chicks out there who do not play games.

The damage is done. People are prob laughing at you, you should leave her and gain some respect for yourself.

ReputationRep:

wooow what a big liar

I dont see why they would do that to you ......its quite clear they were mocking you and what you are, thats not what a gf does

Are you sure? How do you know?......................its quite clearly she was guilty about what she was doing

What a joke...........she turned the guilt on to you, seriously dont know why you stood there and let her, when shes the guilty one

Shes the cheat, hes the one cheating with your gf and he's starting on you

Well clearly you don't trust.............plus they work at the same place so its definitely possible they are still talking......................... ...I'm going to be honest, you will never trust her, she is always has been the guilty one, yet has never admitted to cheating.....and your asking yourselves these questions.

Stop wasting your time and confront her, and its fine you dont trust her, who cares what she thinks, when its quite clear whats been going on..........get her to admit...........personally you should never have gotten back together.

(Original post by Iqbal007)
    Well clearly you don't trust.............plus they work at the same place so its definitely possible they are still talking......................... ...I'm going to be honest, you will never trust her, she is always has been the guilty one, yet has never admitted to cheating.....and your asking yourselves these questions.

Stop wasting your time and confront her, and its fine you dont trust her, who cares what she thinks, when its quite clear whats been going on..........get her to admit...........personally you should never have gotten back together.

"Since this has been going on she has not made time for me, saying that we should only meet up/talk once per week. Before we would spend loads of time together and she'd come stay at my house, we'd go out to the cinema, clubbing etc.

Turns out she went out with this guy and hadn't left her phone at work at all, she lied. Then about a week later having not heard from her I went to her house and asked if she wanted to come out for a bit just for a walk or something, she did. When walking she got a phone call from this guy on the way she looked at it saw that I saw and looked guilty as hell. I said answer it she said no and put her phone away. I asked her why, she said I don't want to. I went to kiss her when we walked home to say goodbye and she put nothing into it and pulled away quickly and looked as though she was about to cry and rushed in quickly."

Are you sure? How do you know?......................its quite clearly she was guilty about what she was doing

I found out because I asked her again about it and her story had changed and one of her friends told me she had had a convo with her on her mobile that very morning when she said she'd left it there the day before. I confronted her saying that I knew it wasn't true and she eventually admitted to lying saying that I don't trust her and that they had only just made plans that morning to go see each other completely blowing off our plans to meet up.
    • TSR Support Team

She sounds really nasty, I am surprised you let her come back, judging by her guilt something was going on with this other guy. I would ditch her anyway the trust seems to have gone.

ReputationRep:
    im sorry lad but i think shes been cheating. And even if she hasnt her attitude and actions are far too inappropriate for a girl in a relationship.

The confrontation she had with you - the reaction was way to over the top for it to be innocent. And just because someone blocks you on FB doesnt mean shes not in contact with him on a different profile

ReputationRep:
    Even if she isn't cheating, it doesn't sound like she's a particularly nice person, so you might as well get rid?

You'll break up eventually anyway :dontknow:

The thing is, she's probably telling this other guy a bucketload of stuff about how you don't understand her, you don't listen to her, etc etc. So he's probably thinking that he's the 'better guy' rather than deliberately trying to screw your relationship over.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to hear her side of the story. It sounds suspicious to me that (a) you took her back and (b) she didn't talk to her guy friend since you got back together.

Are you sure you weren't just being paranoid? The fact that she isn't talking to her guy friend again after you got back together could be because of the effect she saw it was having on you. If she really was cheating on you I don't see why she'd want to get back together with you. I know some people often imagine they see certain "guilty" or "suspicious" looks on someone else when in fact it's just their paranoia playing on their minds.

Advice: if you really don't trust her then you have nothing to be doing in a relationship with her.

ReputationRep:
    "Since this has been going on she has not made time for me, saying that we should only meet up/talk once per week. Before we would spend loads of time together and she'd come stay at my house, we'd go out to the cinema, clubbing etc.

Turns out she went out with this guy and hadn't left her phone at work at all, she lied. Then about a week later having not heard from her I went to her house and asked if she wanted to come out for a bit just for a walk or something, she did. When walking she got a phone call from this guy on the way she looked at it saw that I saw and looked guilty as hell. I said answer it she said no and put her phone away. I asked her why, she said I don't want to. I went to kiss her when we walked home to say goodbye and she put nothing into it and pulled away quickly and looked as though she was about to cry and rushed in quickly."

I found out because I asked her again about it and her story had changed and one of her friends told me she had had a convo with her on her mobile that very morning when she said she'd left it there the day before. I confronted her saying that I knew it wasn't true and she eventually admitted to lying saying that I don't trust her and that they had only just made plans that morning to go see each other completely blowing off our plans to meet up.
    Its more then obvious that she has been cheating..........its not a hard one, but all your trying to do is convince yourself that everything is fine. I don't know how you can stand, how do you know they still aren't still at it secretly if they work at the same place.
    She's messed you up so much and so has that guy, you cant expect yourself to ever trust a girl like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.