Turn on thread page Beta

I got a 10-year passport when I was 10 years old watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This seems like the best place for this.

I'm 18 now, and when I was 10 years old (2004), my mum applied for a passport on my behalf. It was a 10-year passport, and will last until I am 20 (2014).

But everyone and everything says I should have only got a 5-year passport. So what happened to make me special?

I'm not complaining - it saved my mum some money, and the inconvenience of having a slightly longer pause at border control than everyone else isn't so bad - but I can't seem to work out why it happened.

Or am I just wrong and 10-year-olds get 10-year passports?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dendodge)

I'm 18 now, and when I was 10 years old (2004), my mum applied for a passport on my behalf. It was a 10-year passport, and will last until I am 20 (2014).

But everyone and everything says I should have only got a 5-year passport. So what happened to make me special?

I'm not complaining - it saved my mum some money, and the inconvenience of having a slightly longer pause at border control than everyone else isn't so bad - but I can't seem to work out why it happened.

...this is actually the most deliciously random thread I've seen come up on my latest discussions feed for a while. I love it. Thank you, OP.

See if you can get some money or something if they did it in error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiomara)
    ...this is actually the most deliciously random thread I've seen come up on my latest discussions feed for a while. I love it. Thank you, OP.

See if you can get some money or something if they did it in error
    Well, it's been bugging me since I found out it was abnormal on a school trip years ago. And there are some pretty clever people on TSR, so I figured someone here might know

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's been bugging me since I found out it was abnormal on a school trip years ago. And there are some pretty clever people on TSR, so I figured someone here might know
    Oh, someone will definitely know, there are all sorts on TSR. It wasn't intended as criticism, I actually think it's an awesome thread :L

ReputationRep:

This makes you sound like a mysterious character. I'm intrigued.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.