Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got a 10-year passport when I was 10 years old Watch

ReputationRep:
    This seems like the best place for this.

I'm 18 now, and when I was 10 years old (2004), my mum applied for a passport on my behalf. It was a 10-year passport, and will last until I am 20 (2014).

But everyone and everything says I should have only got a 5-year passport. So what happened to make me special?

I'm not complaining - it saved my mum some money, and the inconvenience of having a slightly longer pause at border control than everyone else isn't so bad - but I can't seem to work out why it happened.

Or am I just wrong and 10-year-olds get 10-year passports?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dendodge)

I'm 18 now, and when I was 10 years old (2004), my mum applied for a passport on my behalf. It was a 10-year passport, and will last until I am 20 (2014).

But everyone and everything says I should have only got a 5-year passport. So what happened to make me special?

I'm not complaining - it saved my mum some money, and the inconvenience of having a slightly longer pause at border control than everyone else isn't so bad - but I can't seem to work out why it happened.

...this is actually the most deliciously random thread I've seen come up on my latest discussions feed for a while. I love it. Thank you, OP.

See if you can get some money or something if they did it in error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiomara)
    ...this is actually the most deliciously random thread I've seen come up on my latest discussions feed for a while. I love it. Thank you, OP.

See if you can get some money or something if they did it in error
    Well, it's been bugging me since I found out it was abnormal on a school trip years ago. And there are some pretty clever people on TSR, so I figured someone here might know

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's been bugging me since I found out it was abnormal on a school trip years ago. And there are some pretty clever people on TSR, so I figured someone here might know
    Oh, someone will definitely know, there are all sorts on TSR. It wasn't intended as criticism, I actually think it's an awesome thread :L

ReputationRep:

This makes you sound like a mysterious character. I'm intrigued.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.