Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody able to help me out on this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay,

So I met this girl, a year younger than me (I'm 16 she's 15) we met at a formal event (there was dancing so I asked her to dance and I got her number)

We started talking and I don't know if it means anything or not but we started of with 1 'x' then 2, then by the end of the day it was 3, then the week after it was 7. Does this mean anything at all?

So we talked a few times by texting I thought I'd play it cool and text her like every wednesday and sunday, I think on 2 separate occasions she texted me rather than me text her. Does that mean anything either?

I haven't spoken to her since the weekend before christmas and I'm planning on talking to her more after new years, other than weather the amount of 'x's she's bumping it up to or weather she texts me first means anything, how long should I talk to her for before I eventually ask her out?

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out pretty soon, she's obviously interested. Wait too long and the tension and anticipation will simply dissipate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well the soonest possible time would be in February, does that seem too late? Gives me another month or so to get to know her :/

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    February seems a little late yeah. Why on Earth is that the "soonest possible time"? You realise you can get to know her while you are together. Waiting that long will make her wonder why the hell you haven't asked already, which will lead to two likely trains of thought: he isn't interested, or he's an idiot who is not reading my signals. Neither of those bode well for you.

Just ask her out for a date. You don't even have to call it that, or make a big deal, but make it clear you're interested. See where it goes from there, but certainly don't put it off for ages to "get to know her better" the contact will likely drop off when she starts stressing and then you won't be getting to know her at all.

Of course, she could be the kind of girl to just ask you, or ask you what's going on, but it's more likely she'll just let things die out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    February seems a little late yeah. Why on Earth is that the "soonest possible time"? You realise you can get to know her while you are together. Waiting that long will make her wonder why the hell you haven't asked already, which will lead to two likely trains of thought: he isn't interested, or he's an idiot who is not reading my signals. Neither of those bode well for you.

Just ask her out for a date. You don't even have to call it that, or make a big deal, but make it clear you're interested. See where it goes from there, but certainly don't put it off for ages to "get to know her better" the contact will likely drop off when she starts stressing and then you won't be getting to know her at all.

Of course, she could be the kind of girl to just ask you, or ask you what's going on, but it's more likely she'll just let things die out.

Oh.... :/ so that's what it is! :O Wow I really am an idiot I haven't spoken to her since the 23rd is it too late to start talking to her again now and ask her out like new years day? Or is that too sudden? I'm 16 no experience of relationships what so ever so please forgive me xD

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems like the both of you are interested in each other! Ask her if she wants to meet up and of do something together within the next week! : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktoomuch610)
    Well it seems like the both of you are interested in each other! Ask her if she wants to meet up and of do something together within the next week! : )
    Thanks I'll definitely ask her within the next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissaCwosby)
    Oh.... :/ so that's what it is! :O Wow I really am an idiot I haven't spoken to her since the 23rd is it too late to start talking to her again now and ask her out like new years day? Or is that too sudden? I'm 16 no experience of relationships what so ever so please forgive me xD
    It's not too late It's Christmas and you can just say you've been busy with family but haven't forgotten about her and want to meet up, etc. Maybe don't spring asking her out so soon after getting back in touch, but let her know you want to see her and try then to gauge how she's feeling :yep:

Haha don't worry, relationships are a learning curve for everyone. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    It's not too late It's Christmas and you can just say you've been busy with family but haven't forgotten about her and want to meet up, etc. Maybe don't spring asking her out so soon after getting back in touch, but let her know you want to see her and try then to gauge how she's feeling :yep:

Haha don't worry, relationships are a learning curve for everyone. Good luck
    Yeah I text her earlier and she was okay with it, asked how her christmas was - no reply but hey I'll try and make it work, if not no worries I guess :P she lives a couple of towns away from me though, our dads know each other, but my dad's had a hip replacement and can't drive for a couple of weeks so I have no clue how I could keep her interested until then
    • TSR Support Team

Mate ask her seriously before it's too late and someone else gets her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.