Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to be a good kisser? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess everyone likes different things, but what usually makes a good kisser for me is someone who is quite firm with their lips and not too soft, like as weird as it sounds I like to feel right smooshed up to him and it just feels so much more passionate, but he has to be quite gentle with his use of tongue, its really unpleasent when someone uses their tongue too much, gets way too slimey! and inbetween 'proper kissing' its nice when its broken up with a few gentle pecks.

But to be honest, I don't think you should really think about it, it should just come natural.

(Original post by desdemonata)
      I once (well, three times) kissed a guy who didn't seem to realise that French kissing involves your tongue. I was quite... disconcerted. My friend who liked him kissed him as well and asked me "he doesn't..." "use his tongue much?" "yeah..." Then we kind of looked at each other. "Your job to teach him "

To be fair, apart from that, I'm not exactly sure either. I've enjoyed 99% of kisses so. But I've been called a good kisser before, so I'll just be happy with that I guess
      May be a lack of experience... my ex didn't like it, and after we broke up I ended up going out and getting hammered with a female friend, and we ended up kissing. The kiss only lasted a few seconds and she looked at me all hurt. I asked her what was wrong, and she said she was looking for me tongue, so I said "let's try again then" and I just gently touched my tongue to hers... kind of like dancing, but I let her lead at first so I could pick it up.

About an hour later, she told me I was a good kisser. So I'd say that "how" is be gentle and willing to learn

ReputationRep:
      I loved doing tongues. I think a lot of it is common sense and to not stick your tongue in them too far initially. I remember messing about while kissing by sucking etc. It was funny. I imagine some people just clasp their lips over the other person's mouth and not lining them up, which sounds like the sort of thing the most clueless idiot would do.

ReputationRep:
      How can you kiss WITHOUT tongue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I think it depends on your own preferences too...i hate tongue, no matter how good their are at french kissing tongues just annoy me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kimprovising)
      Practice.
      I've suddenly lost interest in what I'm doing or where I am or what's my name after staring at your picture next to your name.

ReputationRep:
      Make sure your lips touch, open your mouth slowly and slightly so they follow, then (if you want) stick the tongue in and move it about a little. Don't forget to take the tongue out again as your lips close :L I wouldn't advise leaving your mouth open for too long either because it could get a bit slabbery (if thats a word), Just try and make it as passionate as possible. Don't forget to tilt the head as well, noses or teeth would collide otherwise .

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SherlockH)
      I've suddenly lost interest in what I'm doing or where I am or what's my name after staring at your picture next to your name.
      Cool, good for you

ReputationRep:
      Beats me, I never post anon though so :dontknow:
      seem to recall a certain thread from Mr futility :sexface:

Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever kissing a girl.

ReputationRep:
      I'm a good kisser though I've always wondered, do girls get offended if a guy gets a boner?

ReputationRep:
      I don't really like much tongue tbh. A little now and then; but I definitely don't like the whole kiss to just be in each other's mouths.
      Unfortunately my boyfriend does not seem to agree. D:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 2ndClass)
      I'm a good kisser though I've always wondered, do girls get offended if a guy gets a boner?
      I would have thought it would be more of a compliment :L

ReputationRep:
      Actually, it was playing Spin the Bottle and our rules stated it was a French kiss
      Well if it was spin the bottle that's even more understandable. I'd probably be a lot more subdued/ reluctant to use tongue if it was a chance game too.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aaron9890)
      I would have thought it would be more of a compliment :L
      Really? I thought girls would find it inappropriate or they perhaps think the guy is just after sex even though we may not be :/

Ladies we can't help it

ReputationRep:
      Sometimes a gentle bite/nip on the lips really turns up the heat :perv:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 2ndClass)
      Really? I thought girls would find it inappropriate or they perhaps think the guy is just after sex even though we may not be :/

Ladies we can't help it
      I'd be more disgruntled if that didn't happen!

I love bottom lip-biting. That has to happen

And varying the kiss - a soft, light brush of the lips, then a longer, deeper kiss, before a passionate, almost suffocating, get-to-the-bedroom-now snog

ReputationRep:
      Just don't use too much or too little tongue and you'll be fine.

Also, close your eyes, otherwise it could look a little creepy I guess.

ReputationRep:
      I have never had any complaints really, I wouldn't say I am the best kisser ever though

Pretty obvious not to kiss so much that your slobbering all over the other person ... yuk!! and don't be too rough, my gf told me off recently for biting too much as it cut her lip, but accidents happen and you learn from mistakes so just keep practicng!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by boner in jeans)
      seem to recall a certain thread from Mr futility :sexface:
      I did that for his sake just in case. What I mean is, I'm never too embarrassed to say something on TSR

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.