Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im going to chat up a girl today... For the first time Watch

Hi,

me and my friend are going to try and get some phone numbers today of some good looking girls. What do you think of this scenario?

me: Hey is your name <random name>?
    her: err no
    me: Oh sorry, you just look like this girl I used to know, sorry, what iss your name, you look really familiar
    her: Emma (just an example)
    meh right, wow emma can I just say you're stunningly beautiful! I'm sure you go to <name of the local college>, am I right?
    <have some conversation>
    me: Could I be really cheeky and ask for your number, because you sound really interesting

How does that sound? I thought the "yoda-delicious" catch phrases were too cheesey...

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

me and my friend are going to try and get some phone numbers today of some good looking girls. What do you think of this scenario?

me: Oh sorry, you just look like this girl I used to know, sorry, what iss your name, you look really familiar
    meh right, wow emma can I just say you're stunningly beautiful! I'm sure you go to <name of the local college>, am I right?
    <have some conversation>
    me: Could I be really cheeky and ask for your number, because you sound really interesting

How does that sound? I thought the "yoda-delicious" catch phrases were too cheesey...
    Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverse)
    Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4
    This

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Just tell us how it went afterwards, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    This is a more likely scenario

her: *eyes narrow, stares evilly*
    her: **** off before I pepper spray you. My boyfriend plays rugby
    me: wow can I just say you're stunningly beautiful! I'm sure you ... ahhh my eyes!!
    her: douchebag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Umm... you seem to be under a grave misapprehension about how the mating process works.

You are more likely to be seen as a creepy weirdo than someone worthy of sharing genetic material if you go up to girls and just ask for their numbers.

1) Your compliment sounds creepy because it is blatantly insincere

2) What have you done to deserve actually getting their number? You don't even know them

Fark me, if this is the future of the human race, shoot me (actually, shoot the OP and give him a Darwin award)
    Sadly girls do fall for tactics like the OP's. Depressing isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Sadly girls do fall for tactics like the OP's. Depressing isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case they'll be very happy together making incredibly stupid babies

ReputationRep:
    Dude, if you go out with the intention of finding people it won't work. You shouldn't even be planning conversations like that, how do you even expect to text a girl and keep them interested if you are making a thread on a forum declaring that you're going to attempt to "chat a girl up"? That's not how it works man.

Sent from my Nexus 4

ReputationRep:
    O lawd.

ReputationRep:
    OP, when did it get to the stage where you have to go out specifically to attempt to "chat up" a girl?

ReputationRep:
    :K: Good luck! Tell us how it goes

For all you people laughing, how can you chat up girls? I saw plenty of videos where guys were brave and just asked girls to go for a coffee with them or whatever http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...=4AQFsS_IF&s=1

ReputationRep:
    Well erm...Good Luck! You might need it...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

<have some conversation>

How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

<have some conversation>

If there was such thing as a gamma male..

ReputationRep:
    That sounds horrific to be honest. It would be awkward if you really did get her name on the first go.

Although I didn't get the yoda-delicious thing. You mean you're going to butter her up by saying she's delicious and comparing her to Yoda? Might work.

ReputationRep:
    Ell Oh Ell. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    So cringey.

Plus you're by far not the only one to have came up with the "Oh hey do i know you? No? Wanna have sex anyway?" (or whatever that move is called)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.