Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best book for Edexcel AS chemistry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dear Pals!

I would like to know which of the following books is best for self-studying Edexcel AS level Chemistry (the new syllabus which includes alternative to practical for international students):

1. Edexcel AS Chemistry Student's Book by Ann Fullick and Bob McDuell (Pearson Publications)

2. Edexcel Chemistry for AS Level by Graham Hill and Andrew Hunt ( Hodder Education)

3. Edexcel Chemistry for AS, 2nd Edition by George Facer (Hodder Education)

Kind Regards,

rahul

ReputationRep:
    Can you not get your hands on a George Facer book? If not go for option 2 (I used it last year) but the George Facer book is the best one in terms of clarity and detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Tennant)
    Can you not get your hands on a George Facer book? If not go for option 2 (I used it last year) but the George Facer book is the best one in terms of clarity and detail.
    Dear David Tennant

Thank you very much for replying.

Actually, I forgot to write the name of George Facer's Book. Now as you have recommended it, I'll use that book. BTW, what grade did u get in chem last year? And did you appear for the alternative to practical paper ?

Kind Regards,

rahul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahul03)
    Dear David Tennant

Thank you very much for replying.

Actually, I forgot to write the name of George Facer's Book. Now as you have recommended it, I'll use that book. BTW, what grade did u get in chem last year? And did you appear for the alternative to practical paper ?

Kind Regards,

rahul
    Yeah I got 120/120 in unit 1 and I won't tell you my unit 2 grade overall I got an A though...

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel AS Chemistry Student's Book by Ann Fullick and Bob McDuell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miskat)
    Edexcel AS Chemistry Student's Book by Ann Fullick and Bob McDuell

Hi Miskat,

Thank you very much for replying! I've two books for chem 'Edexcel chem by Anna Fullick and Edexcel Chemistry by George Facer (2nd edition). Mostly I use Facer's book (its very great for exams!) and Fullick's book is for reference.

Thank you!

Rahul

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows for As biology and physics? AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    anyone knows for As biology and physics? AQA?
    Hi Jack

For AS Biology:
    AQA Biology AS: Student's Book Nelson Thornes Ltd (Toole and Toole)

For AS Physics:
    AQA Physics A AS: Student's Book Jim Breithaupt Nelson Thornes

If you need any other help kindly contact me!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jack

For AS Biology:
    AQA Biology AS: Student's Book Nelson Thornes Ltd (Toole and Toole)

For AS Physics:
    AQA Physics A AS: Student's Book Jim Breithaupt Nelson Thornes

If you need any other help kindly contact me!

Thank you
    Sorry for asking again, but i do need some recommendation about choosing the best reference book (revision guide) for AS Biology(AQA), chemistry(edexcel), and physics(AQA A).

and the best textbook for AS chemistry please

Jack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    Sorry for asking again, but i do need some recommendation about choosing the best reference book (revision guide) for AS Biology(AQA), chemistry(edexcel), and physics(AQA A).

and the best textbook for AS chemistry please

Jack
    It is ok. As I'm not studying edexcel subjects, I can recommend the CGP Edexcel Chemistry Reivion Book. Its the best, at least for me!!!..

However, I do not have any idea of AQA's revision books.

You should try to post a thread about in the specific sub-forums. Good-luck.

Rahul

ReputationRep:

Hi Miskat,

Thank you very much for replying! I've two books for chem 'Edexcel chem by Anna Fullick and Edexcel Chemistry by George Facer (2nd edition). Mostly I use Facer's book (its very great for exams!) and Fullick's book is for reference.

Thank you!

Rahul
    i have started my a2 course recently and im using the book "Advanced Chemistry For You" by Lawrie Ryans...i like the way it easily explained the topics..u can check it out..its really good..

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me where I can download a pdf of the George Facer textbook please. I really need it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.