Turn on thread page Beta

Changing entry point after I've sent off UCAS because of health circumstances. watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello all, I was wondering if I could have some advice please.

    I'm a 17 year old A2 level student from South Wales who has applied to York, Exeter, Cardiff, Royal Holloway and Kent to study history from September 2013 with AS level grades of AAB for geography, english literature and history. However, I have been off school since mid November with several mental health conditions relating to Anorexia Nervosa (link here if you're interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post40611318 ). I sent off my UCAS application in mid December with my disorder kidding me that there wasn't that much wrong with me, and that everything would go back to normal soon. However, it is now clear that I'm going to be off for a much longer period, possibly for several months, with no chance of sitting the January exams due to my extremely poor health as a consequence of my anorexia.

    Now my psychiatrists are saying that it's unlikely I'll be returning to school any time soon because of my condition, and I am facing hospitalisation. I am now doubting I can even make the June exams because of my health, but I've already sent off my UCAS application for this year. I eventually want to go to university, and all my teachers and my parents agree it is something that is suited to me. However, like I said I doubt now that I can achieve the grades required this year for entry because of my health. On my UCAS form I did disclose that I am undergoing treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, depression, OCD and anxiety, and I'm wondering if they do send me offers, would it be possible to contact them and change the entry point to next year if required; or, am I better off just reapplying again next year / when I'm ready.

    Thank you

    You could change the entry point to next year. If you do that though, you still have to achieve the grades this year I believe. So If you really feel you won't be able to sit the exams, or even meet the grades, then I think you should reapply next year. Just my opinion though.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    You're not changing the entry point. That means starting from year 2 instead of 1, or going directly into the 3rd year, or whatever.

    You're intending to defer. But if you do that you need to meet your offer by August 31st 2013 - which clearly you can't if you don't return to sit your exams. So that isn't applicable to you.

    You will need to reapply.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.