Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys Underwear: are briefs now acceptable to wear? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have read that briefs are coming back into fashion, and are starting to become more popular than baggy boxers, especialy trendy ones such as American Apparel:

http://store.americanapparel.net/pro...productId=4415

I was talking to my mates the other day and some of them admitted they had started wearing them again and that they preferred them to boxers and that their gfs liked them.

Guys, have you noticed briefs becoming more popular? Have any of you made the switch from boxers to briefs, and if not, would you ever consider doing so?

Girls, what would you think if your bf switched to briefs?

ReputationRep:
    I tend to wear boxer briefs. :flute:

(Kinda like the ones from the link you gave:

http://store.americanapparel.net/sub...CatId=cat33281 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surrey_guy)
    I have read that briefs are coming back into fashion, and are starting to become more popular than baggy boxers, especialy trendy ones such as American Apparel:

http://store.americanapparel.net/pro...productId=4415

I was talking to my mates the other day and some of them admitted they had started wearing them again and that they preferred them to boxers and that their gfs liked them.

Guys, have you noticed briefs becoming more popular? Have any of you made the switch from boxers to briefs, and if not, would you ever consider doing so?

Girls, what would you think if your bf switched to briefs?
    I wouldn't consider the move myself. I like boxer briefs personally. I don't think briefs are particularly attractive really... :erm:

(Original post by Dagnabbit)
      I tend to wear boxer briefs. :flute:

(Kinda like the ones from the link you gave:

http://store.americanapparel.net/sub...CatId=cat33281 )
      Oh an awkward one I see?

ReputationRep:
      Another reason I don't particularly like to wear briefs is because it's much easier to see the size of my package when I wear them. :unimpressed: From the smiley, you can tell I don't have a piece worth bragging about. Boxer briefs and boxers just tend to make mine look a bit better, or at least disguises its size. :ff:

ReputationRep:
      I have tried wearing briefs. I didn't like them, i found them fairly uncomfortable and on more than one occasion my ballsack somehow flopped out of the side of them when i was doing a physical activity.

ReputationRep:
      No. Just no.
      It may sound really trivial lol - but I honestly think if a guy was wearing briefs it would seriously put me off.

ReputationRep:
      Briefs are perfectly acceptable to wear as are boxers, just a matter of personal preference. As for them becoming more popular again, i have also heard that more and more people are starting to wear them again, the look of them however is another matter!

ReputationRep:
      I think briefs look ugly. Very ugly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Daniellejo.)
      No. Just no.
      It may sound really trivial lol - but I honestly think if a guy was wearing briefs it would seriously put me off.
      Agreed. I think it's cos it reminds me of little boys underwear.

ReputationRep:
      I don't think I would ever wear them, I do prefer boxer briefs to loose boxers though it keeps everything secure

ReputationRep:
      I don't fit into briefs, as there just isn't enough room in which to fit everything. I wear boxer briefs - I really don't like baggy boxer shorts.

ReputationRep:
      So r boxer briefs now the cool underwear to wear? R briefs more acceptaAble than loose checkedd boxers?
      • Community Assistant
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I wear hipsters, which are tighter than boxers but less revealing than briefs. I find they look and feel comfortable but to be honest no one is going to see your underwear so wear whatever's comfortable unless you need your designer label to show over your too-low-slung jeans.

Example:

ReputationRep:
      It seems boxer-briefs r the most popular type. Out of loose boxers and briefs what is more acceptable to wear?

ReputationRep:
      budgie smugglers are coming back!!!!!!!

go buy a pair feed the revolution

ReputationRep:
      Briefs - For kids
      Boxers - For pre-teens & early teens
      Boxer-Briefs - For everyone else

It's the natural progression of underwear!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Svenjamin)
      Briefs - For kids
      Boxers - For pre-teens & early teens
      Boxer-Briefs - For everyone else

It's the natural progression of underwear!
      I skipped the Boxer stage for obvious teenage male reasons

Briefs: no no.
        Boxer briefs: yes

ReputationRep:
        Name:  db-breifs.jpg
Views: 3455
Size:  138.0 KB

I think only (a possibly airbrushed?) David Beckham can pull them off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.