Turn on thread page Beta

Study advice watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,
    I'm currently looking to study something new I've been to college before to do health and social care. I got a place at sheffield to do nursing but didn't take it.
    i want to do something totally different I'm looking at either law or translation courses,
    does anyone have any advice on how to get on these courses would I need to go to college first ect.

    you wouldnt be able to do a translation course without an a level in a language.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks there is an undergraduate course at UNi will have to see if this will help me get on a translation course
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.