Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So this girl came to my sixth form to promote this banking thing. She is in 3rd year at uni, I'm in 1st of Sixth form.

On the event we spoke briefly, pretty formally about my options with this certain company. I thought she was really fit so when she handed out her e-mail address I emailed her just generally asking about the company and stuff like that, nothing informal.

Turns out I passed my exams for that company and I've been invited for an internship kind of thing for a day in their London office. So I emailed her thanking her for all that she had done, and she wished me well. However, she said she also would be in the London office and asked if I would like to "catch up". I know it sounds quite trivial, but I find it strange as, to be fair, we don't have anything to catch up on? It's not as if we were work colleagues or anything. Anyway, I'm not complaining, but why would she do this? I only spoke to her like once, do you think she's just being nice?

ReputationRep:
    The only way to find out it to go there and meet her! Go with an open mind and see what happens. She might just want to calm your nerves before you have the interview or something..

ReputationRep:
    Agree with above, just see what happens. Take a johnny just in case!

ReputationRep:
    She wants the D

Seriously though, I agree with Tiz.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget a couple of tubes of lube too

ReputationRep:
    your 16/17 she is 20/21...im quite sure she is just being friendly

(Original post by storme14)
    Hmm I think I agree with you.

Her exact comments were: "so let me know if you want to catch up or want anymore advice." ... Just sounds like she's being friendly tbh...

Go and be a person, and treat her like a person. Be yourself and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storme14)
    This. Its clearly just a job thing for her and shes being nice because you're intereted in working for the company

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pretty certain she was just being nice tbh.
    Don't read anything into it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.