Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do medicine at uni but I've had anxiety issues in the past which meant I had to leave school at 15. I'm heaps better now and I've got some good A levels (I attend college part time). I can cope with lots of work and I enjoy working with people. Do you think that medical schools would reject me on the basis of my personal health? In that, they would think I couldn't cope or something?
    But then I also really like history and French. I would enjoy that too. I have a bit of a phobia of norovirus as well...but I'm sure I could deal with that in an emergency. I just don't know what to do. Any advice?? Thanks dudes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say get some work experience as a HCA and see what you think. Medicine requires a huge commitment and you need to be sure its for you. I don't think they would reject you but you'd need to ask them individually, most are really nice and helpful, so don't be worried.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get some work experience but you won't get in without it anyway even if you do decide to apply. They can't reject you on the basis of your health because they'll have given out offers before they find out but so long as it's under control they won't mind they just want to be in the best position to support you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.