Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How easily do you detect if someone is interested in you? Have you ever felt 'sexual tension' that unfortunately turned out to be unfounded?

ReputationRep:
    It depends, with someone I have met quite recently it's just a gut feeling. It's not sexual tension, just this awareness of attraction. With people I've known a whole it's more difficult as I struggle to tell if they are being friendly or something more.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can tell really untill they say.

When it comes to people you like and want something to happen with, you start seeing things that you want to see, read into things too much and make out things to be something they are not.

I have been out with guys who I have been convinced had feelings for me, because of the way I thought they looked at me, kissed me and I have felt what I thought was 'sexual tension' and in the end turns out they don't care about me on little bit, at all. And I have fell for it over and over.

I think it takes a lot of time to work out if someone is interested in you can never know for sure untill they admit it or do a grand(ish) gesture to show it, but even then it can be faked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ildaf123)
    I don't think you can tell really untill they say.

When it comes to people you like and want something to happen with, you start seeing things that you want to see, read into things too much and make out things to be something they are not.

I have been out with guys who I have been convinced had feelings for me, because of the way I thought they looked at me, kissed me and I have felt what I thought was 'sexual tension' and in the end turns out they don't care about me on little bit, at all. And I have fell for it over and over.

I think it takes a lot of time to work out if someone is interested in you can never know for sure untill they admit it or do a grand(ish) gesture to show it, but even then it can be faked.
    yes same here. Mind you, at least you get a snog..

(Original post by Zarek)
      How easily do you detect if someone is interested in you? Have you ever felt 'sexual tension' that unfortunately turned out to be unfounded?
      Personally, I can't tell unless they're being blatant about it. Not sure about the sexual tension, but I generally just can't tell.

ReputationRep:
      Some girls are more obvious about it than others but yeah generally I can tell. But maybe there are a small number of women who've been interested in me who I don't know about? This is probably the case. Even so, if I wanted them then I'd spend enough time with them to figure it all out pretty quickly.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.