Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you staying in for New Years Eve this year or are you going out to celebrate Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What are your plans for New Years Eve?
    Going out
    14.63%
    Staying in the house
    71.95%
    Going to a freinds/ families house
    9.76%
    Haven't decided yet
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    no one else getting mortaled?!!
    Kissing a worldie at midnight fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Almost defiantly staying in. I have no ID and NYE is the most overrated night of the year anyway. Was going to get drunk with one of my mates but pretty sure he has sacked me off to go to town, ah well think I'll stick on Band of Brothers and get an early night instead.

ReputationRep:
    Im going out into town with friends in a bit, feeling quite pumped now

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in to write a 5000 word essay due in on the 7th. Rubbish time management skills to blame on my part

ReputationRep:
    Staying in. I'm meant to be cooking for my boyfriend. I can't cook. >.<

ReputationRep:
    I'll be spending NYE at home and alone for the first time in 3 years *sigh*.

Edit: OMG post 666 on NYE!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    There's a house party, but I'm not friends with the host, so I'm staying in. Kinda sad, kinda don't care since the last house party I went to was BULL****. Guys walking around, the only thing they can say is 'hey man, I've had 3 beers!!! omg!!! is that your second?'

Seriously, can't wait to find a party where people have more to talk about than how much alcohol they can take. Will probably happen in a year or two.

ReputationRep:
    Normally I'd be keen to go for a night out clubbing (and in fact I've had about 3 missed calls so far from my mates, trying to persuade me) but I'm still hanging somewhat from a particularly rough weekend.

Before you dismiss me as a lightweight 24-year old (ok I am definitely getting older ) let me tell you a bit about my Friday night - went straight down the pub with workmates after leaving the office at 7pm, before hitting a "trendy" club in Brixton.

Got hideously drunk, embarrassed myself with some spectacularly awful dance moves, met a pretty girl and went back to hers. All good you might think - until the next morning I was unceremoniously kicked out at 8am and had to do the "walk-of-shame" - thought this wasn't supposed to happen to guys lol

I struggled across half of our great nation's capital, to finally get the train back home (live outside London.) I'm not quite sure what my sister thought when she saw me rolling in at 11am hungover and stinking of vodka redbull on a Saturday morning, still wearing my suit-and-tie from work!

(I guess my plan to meet a "nice" girl/new relationship will have to wait until 2013... see here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...333&p=40595286)

Anyway, happy new year guys

ReputationRep:
    Staying in with DVDs and a Chinese can't afford to go out this year *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    NYE is a bit overrated. I'm staying in alone My sister is off out and my mum is going to Church.

ReputationRep:
    Got no money so staying in, but got a new ipod today as a late Christmas present so quite content just to mess with that tonight

ReputationRep:
    Staying in

ReputationRep:
    Staying in and watching Angel. Might do some revision as well.

ReputationRep:
    Staying in as not feeling too good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends have done a party, so i've been stuck inside with the parents watching crap telly and being depressed by all the party statuses on facebook. Yay!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.