Disadvantages of Indian students in case of LLB admission in UK

Watch
This discussion is closed.
amit4567
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
M frm India..I found tht each and every Universities of UK are providing admission for the 3 years LLB course on the basis of GCE A level grades but according to the Bar Council Of India rule no India candidate can prsue LLB course of 3 years after the completion of 10+2(which is equivalent to GCE A level)...further it states that 3 years LLB course from UK can only b prsued after the completion of graduation in any one professional/technical course from India (i.e B.A,Bsc,B.com,B.tech etc)because in India LLB course after 10+2 is of 5 years whereas after graduation is of 3 years therefore BCI will not approve the 3years LLB degree of any candidate if he/she will prsue it after the completion of his 10+2.Now my question is that if the rule is so then why the UK universities r taking admission in the 3 years LLB course of the India students on the basis of 10+2 standard marks why nt on the basis of graduation marks(i hv chekd the admission criteria of Indian students in each and every Universities of UK in the international students admission criteria section)...Thus i think this decisn of the UK Universities r completly illogical
riju1212
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol...hey dude complete ur graduation in any subject at frst frm India get a first class degree in tht and then apply for the LLB course in UK colleges..i think if u dnt get admission on the basis of ur 10+2 marks u will dfntly get admission on the basis of ur good percntage in ur graduation
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amit4567)
M frm India..I found tht each and every Universities of UK are providing admission for the 3 years LLB course on the basis of GCE A level grades but according to the Bar Council Of India rule no India candidate can prsue LLB course of 3 years after the completion of 10+2(which is equivalent to GCE A level)...further it states that 3 years LLB course from UK can only b prsued after the completion of graduation in any one professional/technical course from India (i.e B.A,Bsc,B.com,B.tech etc)because in India LLB course after 10+2 is of 5 years whereas after graduation is of 3 years therefore BCI will not approve the 3years LLB degree of any candidate if he/she will prsue it after the completion of his 10+2.Now my question is that if the rule is so then why the UK universities r taking admission in the 3 years LLB course of the India students on the basis of 10+2 standard marks why nt on the basis of graduation marks(i hv chekd the admission criteria of Indian students in each and every Universities of UK in the international students admission criteria section)...Thus i think this decisn of the UK Universities r completly illogical
You are not right. Indian students who do a three year UK LLB and then do a UK LPC/BPTC and then a training contract or pupillage in the UK can be admitted in India regardless of their previous education.

http://www.barcouncilofindia.org/abo...ncil-of-india/

Of course other Indian students do not wish to go back to India to practise law; they either practise somewhere else or intend doing something other than be a lawyer.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You are big boys and girls - you are able to make your own decision about whether a particular course is suitable for your circumstances. This isn't the job of UK universities.
sellerofdreams
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, dude, you're completely off. I've done research and they say that you can practise in India with a British law degree so long as you have done your LPC or the bar equivalent and have completed your training or pupillage.
amit4567
Rep:
?
(Original post by nulli tertius)
You are not right. Indian students who do a three year UK LLB and then do a UK LPC/BPTC and then a training contract or pupillage in the UK can be admitted in India regardless of their previous education.

http://www.barcouncilofindia.org/abo...ncil-of-india/

Of course other Indian students do not wish to go back to India to practise law; they either practise somewhere else or intend doing something other than be a lawyer.
Ok..kindly tell me tht if a student after passing his graduation from India apply to the UK universities(whose LLB degree is recognized by the Bar Council Of India) not in the LLB course(3 years course)instead if he apply for LLB with senior status(2 years) and after passing his LLB with senior status course if he pursue LLM and BPTC from UK and then return to India will his degree be accepted by the Bar Council of India? and after tht can he practice in India?
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok..kindly tell me tht if a student after passing his graduation from India apply to the UK universities(whose LLB degree is recognized by the Bar Council Of India) not in the LLB course(3 years course)instead if he apply for LLB with senior status(2 years) and after passing his LLB with senior status course if he pursue LLM and BPTC from UK and then return to India will his degree be accepted by the Bar Council of India? and after tht can he practice in India?
The website suggests not. It is for the BCI to decide what to permit and merely because something is permissible in the UK doesn't mean that it will be acceptable in India or elsewhere.
amit4567
Rep:
?
ok..
When you see it...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

(Original post by riju1212)
lol...hey dude complete ur graduation in any subject at frst frm India get a first class degree in tht and then apply for the LLB course in UK colleges..i think if u dnt get admission on the basis of ur 10+2 marks u will dfntly get admission on the basis of ur good percntage in ur graduation
Do you not have vowels in India?
riju1212
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sorry
arrowhead
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is it the responsibility of UK universities to inform you of what you can or cannot do when you go back home to India? It's the BCI that made these rules and if you're not happy with them, don't come to the UK to study.

I plan on practising law in India a few years down the line. I'm about to complete my 3-year LLB this year, and am completing the BPTC and looking for pupillage in the hext few years. After which I will return to India and with all this under my belt, it will be sufficient to be recognised as an Advocate in the country. These are according to the BCI rules.

Do a little more research before mindlessly pointing fingers.

(Original post by When you see it...)
Do you not have vowels in India?
Right! I think the same thing. I'm ethnically Indian and whenever I travel there and text with family and such, or even generally email, nobody believes in vowels or complete sentences! It's maddening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
KWJSKWDK
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hey which uni are u in??
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thread closed for being 6 years old
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (630)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed