Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not the most sociable person and I've always been like that so I don't want to go out and make new friends, plus with exams soon I don't think it's practical.

Recently broke up with a guy who I'd been seeing for a long time and it's hurt me more than it's hurt him. All he could say was 'okay' when I said it's time to move on as he wasn't responsive at all, every time I wanted us to talk about our problems he'd just shut off or not care and he said he doesn't think there's anything left to salvage, I said alright if that's how you feel then I can't do much about it but I really hoped you would try. Inside I was hurting a lot, anyway he apologised and said it was a mistake and that we should try to be friends. I just couldn't bring myself to be on the same page even though I tried and so I said it's best to completely stop because I'm so used to being more than just friends.

Sooo.. yeah. This sucks LOL. I can never talk about stuff like this but I need to find something to take my mind off it, none of my usual hobbies interest me. I've been trying to keep busy by posting on TSR but I've never been an avid forum user so it gets tiresome after a while. I have been studying and that goes well for 3 hours a day and then I just think about him and I feel like **** again.

I wish he would just talk, I know he's not interested in anyone else so it's not that. I guess he's just got tired of me. It would be okay if he wasn't my first and I didn't think this would be a solid relationship.

D;

I also wanted to add that we've always had minor arguments, who doesn't? But this has been going for a few months now and it's just been little things that have built up. Like he won't talk to me for more than 30 minutes or message me every few days when we usually talk for an hour or two or longer every day. It's not even like he told me he wants to talk less, he just does it and I'm left confused. It was my birthday and he didn't message me at all even though I saw him online on whatsapp. When I confronted him he was slightly apologetic but still didn't wish me a happy birthday lol.

(Original post by Anonymous)
      I'm not the most sociable person and I've always been like that so I don't want to go out and make new friends, plus with exams soon I don't think it's practical.

Recently broke up with a guy who I'd been seeing for a long time and it's hurt me more than it's hurt him. All he could say was 'okay' when I said it's time to move on as he wasn't responsive at all, every time I wanted us to talk about our problems he'd just shut off or not care and he said he doesn't think there's anything left to salvage, I said alright if that's how you feel then I can't do much about it but I really hoped you would try. Inside I was hurting a lot, anyway he apologised and said it was a mistake and that we should try to be friends. I just couldn't bring myself to be on the same page even though I tried and so I said it's best to completely stop because I'm so used to being more than just friends.

Sooo.. yeah. This sucks LOL. I can never talk about stuff like this but I need to find something to take my mind off it, none of my usual hobbies interest me. I've been trying to keep busy by posting on TSR but I've never been an avid forum user so it gets tiresome after a while. I have been studying and that goes well for 3 hours a day and then I just think about him and I feel like **** again.

I wish he would just talk, I know he's not interested in anyone else so it's not that. I guess he's just got tired of me. It would be okay if he wasn't my first and I didn't think this would be a solid relationship.

D;
      Been here. Believe me, it hurt him more than it hurt you.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I also wanted to add that we've always had minor arguments, who doesn't? But this has been going for a few months now and it's just been little things that have built up. Like he won't talk to me for more than 30 minutes or message me every few days when we usually talk for an hour or two or longer every day. It's not even like he told me he wants to talk less, he just does it and I'm left confused. It was my birthday and he didn't message me at all even though I saw him online on whatsapp. When I confronted him he was slightly apologetic but still didn't wish me a happy birthday lol.
      I think that you'll be able to easily relate to Taylor Swifts song "moment I knew"... I hope you get through this!

I hope so too. I honestly wish he was different and didn't need to play these stupid games and just be up front and talk it out like sensible people. I don't think I asked for much.

*bangs head against wall*

I hope so too. I honestly wish he was different and didn't need to play these stupid games and just be up front and talk it out like sensible people. I don't think I asked for much.

*bangs head against wall*
        Do you want him back?

(Original post by Tootles)
        Do you want him back?
        I'm uncertain. I mean before these two months we were good, we were strong as ever during the summer and I felt content. I guess I keep reminiscing the good times rather than indulging in the little things that we argued about in the two months. I guess I do want him back, but I'm sure he doesn't want that.

It's only been a week, but maybe it'll get better with time even though I thought this was for keeps.

ReputationRep:
        i think love is just like suicide .. atleast maybe just to me =p
        • TSR Support Team

Well if he's not gonna talk to you forget him, plenty other people out there, it's his loss. Sounds like he just couldn't be bothered.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tootles)
        Been here. Believe me, it hurt him more than it hurt you.
        Bit of jump from 'I've been in a similar situation' to 'I know for a fact what this person I have never met is feeling.' You don't know it hurt him more than her at all.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.