Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...mment-23786507

"-Gina, 23, receives £10k a month from her mother after falling out with her father and losing his £20k allowance
    -She lives at the Savoy while her £1m house in King's Cross, a gift from her mother, is refurbished
    -Five-bed house will have a walk-in wardrobe covering the entire top floor, a swimming pool, jacuzzi and home cinema
    -Spends £1k a month on chauffeurs and taxis, and £600 at the hair salon
    '-I could never date someone who is poor. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me'
    "

Opinions?

Personally, whilst she doesn't come across as a very nice or appreciative person in the article, I respect that it is her parent's money that they have earned and they can choose what they want to spend it on, and surely that sort of spending can only be good for the economy?

ReputationRep:
    "I could never date someone who is poor. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me."

Oh damn. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What she embodies is the typical values of a British female;

''It's just me, me and me. I'm so in love for myself, I want to be find the perfect man who treats me like a princess and I don't want to earn anything in life because I'm a woman!''

ReputationRep:
    ugh what has she done to herself?

Yes, her spending is good for the economy. I'd rather see her hit by a tube train and brutally killed though. These people are human waste. They contribute nothing to nobody. That money is her parent's money, and they are the ones to be commended for their success; although their parenting skills are another thing completely.

She as a human being has done nothing and has no worth to society. She sits on her big fat ass and leeches from others. What's the point in her?
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I guess simple minds only need simple things.

ReputationRep:
      Come on now... there's no need to be a ***** OP.

ReputationRep:
      I don't envy her life, not even one little bit.

ReputationRep:
      She looks like a hooker

ReputationRep:
      Nothing compared to honey boo boo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      What is ironic is OP's justification that 'surely that sort of spending can only be good for the economy'. I can guarantee that if this was a boy/man the response would have been much different.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Genocidal)
      She as a human being has done nothing and has no worth to society. She sits on her big fat ass and leeches from others. What's the point in her?
      Apparently she "earns £2,000 a month as a personal stylist." So it seems like she is doing something.

I just wonder what she must be like as a person. The article says that she once spent a large sum of money on her father's credit card without permission. If she has a sense of entitlement so great that she feels it acceptable to essentially steal money, I'd be willing to bet that she isn't a particularly nice person.

(Original post by Ultimate1)
      What is ironic is OP's justification that 'surely that sort of spending can only be good for the economy'. I can guarantee that if this was a boy/man the response would have been much different.
      What is it with you and your whole "the world is against men" thing? Anyway - the article states that her brother gets spoiled as well.
      • PS Reviewer
      • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
      I could never date someone who is poor. That
      would be the worst thing that could ever happen
      to me
      Sounds like a bit of a ***** really. But hey, who am I to judge. my only information comes from this article... hopefully she isn't this superficial in real life. Otherwise she'll need to learn to value things soon.

ReputationRep:
      Its her choice and her parents choice, yes it is wrong but no point in seeing jealous comments and all this rubbish about the economy its their money at the end of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • PS Helper
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      Meh, it just goes to show that our society having equal opportunities is a bit of a fib. I was dropped from parental financial support before I was 16.

Her parents of course have every right to spend that money on her, but really they should know that they've failed at parenting. In her 20s, she should be dropped from the bank of mum and dad and start to make her own way in my opinion. It's not like she's asking for investments in her future, through university etc, but just money for handbags

ReputationRep:
      Good for her.

Why should this interest me?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jamboogy)
      Come on now... there's no need to be a ***** OP.
      What part was *****y?
      I said she didn't come across as nice. I didn't say she wasn't nice, I've never met her.

ReputationRep:
      Turn her into soylent green.

(though I wouldn't eat her then or now)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
      Meh, it just goes to show that capitalism being equal opportunities for everyone is a bit of a fib. I was dropped from parental financial support before I was 16.

Her parents of course have every right to spend that money on her, but really they should know that they've failed at parenting. In her 20s, she should be dropped from the bank of mum and dad and start to make her own way in my opinion. It's not like she's asking for investments in her future, through university etc, but just money for handbags
      Capitalism is designed for equal opportunities lol. Its the rich get richer the poor stay poor, but basically the same proportion of the population will be poor. Youre talking about communism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Clearly money can't buy you taste.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.