Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    do your parents have £10,000 a month to spare that they would willingly give to you? at which point did i say she DESERVED it? i said i felt sorry for her. i can feel sorry for her if i like, i mean i would say i have been through "worse" than her... however life is not a competition of who is worse off than whom, it is possible to feel sorry for more than one person for a multitude of different reasons.

yes a lot of people go through horrific things and different people cope in different ways depending on the resources available to them and who they are as a person. just because she is rich (so what, it clearly isn't enough for her) and just because she hasn't lost both her parents and both her legs as a victim of war does not make her own personal problems any less real.
    not £10,000 a month but there not poor, my dad owns and manages his own construction company (like the girl in the stories dad) my mam was a scientist who lost her job due to an accident and put her compensation money into stocks and shares, they both own big houses and multiple cars, i however do not get there money or an allowance because im an adult, i havnt lived off there money since i left home at 16

they have never thrown me a party so no super sweet 16 (well the did up until i was 10 but at the local play center or bowling ally), they have never bought me a car (may mam paid half towards my brothers £3000 custom motorbike but he paid the rest from his own business that he set up at 13 from his pocket money and savings) i lived on the streets at 16 no fancy hotel to live in, my parent were clothes from normal shops, shop in your sainsberrys, buy clothes in primark ect... so we lived a relatively normal life just in a bigger house than average (although we did move to the big house until i was 13, before that we live in an ex council house and i loved that little house) and to be honest i would hate to live like her... it must be a pathetic exsistance to live of mummy and daddy, i have from a young age wanted to show the world i can survive alone and it hasnt always worked perfectly but im comfortable and can hold my head up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Yeah but they do make her problems less significant.
    Lol she's a stupid ***** I pity her the same way I pity a murderer. Because they both probably don't know any better her attitude wow :lolwut: does she think she is above poor people lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rattusratus)
    not £10,000 a month but there not poor, my dad owns and manages his own construction company (like the girl in the stories dad) my mam was a scientist who lost her job due to an accident and put her compensation money into stocks and shares, they both own big houses and multiple cars, i however do not get there money or an allowance because im an adult, i havnt lived off there money since i left home at 16

they have never thrown me a party so no super sweet 16 (well the did up until i was 10 but at the local play center or bowling ally), they have never bought me a car (may mam paid half towards my brothers £3000 custom motorbike but he paid the rest from his own business that he set up at 13 from his pocket money and savings) i lived on the streets at 16 no fancy hotel to live in, and to be honest i would hate to live like her... it must be a pathetic exsistance to live of mummy and daddy, i have from a young age wanted to show the world i can survive alone and it hasnt always worked perfectly but im comfortable and can hold my head up
    you need to stop comparing your life to hers. her life is not AT ALL the norm and her material wealth has no bearing on the lack of love her parents give her. i don't know why you are making it into a competition, like you are more hard done by than her? if you want me to say i feel more sorry for you than i do for her then i say it with complete sincerity. i really do not know what you want from me tbh... you sound like a credit to yourself but you also sound like you are trying to prove yourself, which you shouldn't have to.

ReputationRep:
    I still wouldn't do her. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    forever alone

Wut?

ReputationRep:
    I thought shed be more glamorous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, with all that money and everything she's got is hideous and looks like the cheap crap you could buy in shops like Quiz

ReputationRep:
    you need to stop comparing your life to hers. her life is not AT ALL the norm and her material wealth has no bearing on the lack of love her parents give her. i don't know why you are making it into a competition, like you are more hard done by than her? if you want me to say i feel more sorry for you than i do for her then i say it with complete sincerity. i really do not know what you want from me tbh... you sound like a credit to yourself but you also sound like you are trying to prove yourself, which you shouldn't have to.
    what im pointing out is i am far from hard done by, therefore she is way off being hard done by - please dont feel sorry for me or her

i feel sorry for her pathetic existence but the point is just that you said your sorry for her because of her dad, her dad and her mam broke up more than 60% of children's parents break up at some point unless you sorry for the majority of the population then it just sounds fake, i dont understand the logic?

ReputationRep:
    She spends a lot and yet manages to look so cheap and trashy effortlessly.

ReputationRep:
    Her extensions aren't even fitted properly! :lol: all in all, she looks like a drag queen or a candidate for Snog Marry Avoid. Such a waste of money...

ReputationRep:
    what im pointing out is i am far from hard done by, therefore she is way off being hard done by - please dont feel sorry for me or her

i feel sorry for her pathetic existence but the point is just that you said your sorry for her because of her dad, her dad and her mam broke up more than 60% of children's parents break up at some point unless you sorry for the majority of the population then it just sounds fake, i dont understand the logic?
    yes i feel sorry for people who have parents who choose to abandon their kids and choose a new life over them? i feel sorry for people who feel their parents don't love them and are treated emotionally badly by their parents. so what she gets money to spend on **** that doesn't matter?

ReputationRep:
    shes hardly abandoned, her father stayed in her life and gave her £20,000 a month

a lot of people claim there parents dont love them, strangely there normally the one with the most comfortable home lives and nothing to actually complain about, she hardly been emotionally abused

daddy didnt love mummy and instead of them being miserable forever, they where selfish and broke up, i still see them all the time but that means i have to see daddys new girlfriend and i dont like her so im going to demand a £20,000 bag, £30,000 car £1,000,000 house because everything should be all about me... even though im an adult and should know how to deal with human relationships without acting like a 5 year old

yep, lets all feel sorry for her

ReputationRep:
    2 words. Tamara Ecclestone. The girl in the article has nothing on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    I can guarantee that if this was a boy/man the response would have been much different.
    It says in the article her brother receives the same treatment, and nobody is hating on him. Plus, knowing that both a male and female were receiving this same treatment, the media chose to cover the female. So I think they have indeed received somewhat different treatment, but not in a misandric way.

(Original post by jamboogy)
    You've branded her as "Britain's Most Spoiled Girl" ... then posted it on TSR for all to see.
    It was already on the Daily Mail for all to see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    although it dosnt mention much on the brother it at least paints him in the vision of entrepreneur trying to set up his own business and fortune... where as shes is obsessed with shoes and hair - hardly the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    It says in the article her brother receives the same treatment, and nobody is hating on him. Plus, knowing that both a male and female were receiving this same treatment, the media chose to cover the female. So I think they have indeed received somewhat different treatment, but not in a misandric way.
    Oh yeah because her brother is the one who wants to talk to the media and show off about how spoilt he is.

Oh yeah because he only has a line devoted to him in the article. That too it's his sister who claims he gets treated 'more'.

Why should people pick up on the brother when the article is clearly based on the sister in the article and has one measly quote/line on him. Why should people be inclined to 'hate' him when he isn't the one vying for attention and the article is not based on him? I'm pretty sure he would be getting the same amount of hate if the roles of the article were reversed.

Oh yeah that didn't take you too long to suggest the 'm' word.

Also this:

although it dosnt mention much on the brother it at least paints him in the vision of entrepreneur trying to set up his own business and fortune... where as shes is obsessed with shoes and hair - hardly the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i wonder what could make me the center of attention even more than posting all my purchases on twitter ..i know, lets go to a newspaper and make sure the nation knows how wealthy i am!

Before anyone says, i'm jealous of her bank balance, not her

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for her. She hasn't been taught what the real world is and will perpeptually live in fantasy. It's their family money though so they can waste it on what ever they wish.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the most interesting part of the article:

"However, Gina claims her brother Sebastian, 38, is even more spoilt than her.
    She said: 'People think that I'm spoilt, but he is on a different level, literally. Anything he asks for, he gets without any hesitation.
    'He's wasted so much of my parent's money on his failed business ideas. Once they gave him £200,000 for a Caribbean restaurant that never went anywhere.'
    "

My thoughts are that at least her brother tried to do good with his parent's money. And here she is laughing at his failures while blowing it all on shoes and hotels.

That said I have no ill-feeling towards her bar her hypocrisy towards her brother. It is her parents money and she's entitled to have fun with it if they allow it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Oh yeah because her brother is the one who wants to talk to the media and show off about how spoilt he is.

Oh yeah because he only has a line devoted to him in the article. That too it's his sister who claims he gets treated 'more'.

Why should people pick up on the brother when the article is clearly based on the sister in the article and has one measly quote/line on him. Why should people be inclined to 'hate' him when he isn't the one vying for attention and the article is not based on him? I'm pretty sure he would be getting the same amount of hate if the roles of the article were reversed.

Oh yeah that didn't take you too long to suggest the 'm' word.

Also this:
    I'm so confused right now...Is this meant to be a satire of something that isn't working very well? Or a confused troll?

In the unlikely case it isn't, can you please explain your stance? Because before, you were acting like if it was the other way round, the guy would be getting MORE hate, which I DISAGREE with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.