Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello;

Just looking for help really!

I'm currently at university studying acting in my second year, and as part of my module in creative physicality we had to create a character that was completely opposite to us. Now we have to find our character opposite in a published play!

Or something similiar!

So does anybody know of any female monologues (published) that the character is really rough, possible history of child abuse. A monologue that is really gritty and the characters rough and has a hard life.
    I know this id a bit broad and im doing my own research too, but if U know a monologue or a play that you think could help, please comment!

Sasha x

ReputationRep:
    Look for Sarah Kanes play "Crave" it has some really disturbing pieces of both child abuse and suicide. She is brilliant but very dark!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 2, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.