Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I sold "something" on "tick" to a guy that hasn't paid me for it despite me asking (£20) and I'm not expecting a reply.

As revenge I'm thinking of reporting him and his bf to the police,they sell the drug ghb and are heavy users of other drugs (their flat is full of it)

If I did this,he would lose his business (either through jail or tag) lose his home (no rent money) and stop them upgrading their home (his kid lives in Manchester and they want him to come stay)

His bf,aside from the above mentioned poverty and homelessness has priors and would almost certainly get jail time.

So my question is,is my response to this situation excessive? Should I just let it go?

I'm not a pushover but I don't want to get to much revenge if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    If ur telling them to go raid the house to seize thousands, go for it as long as he wont know its you.

If ur only asking the police for ur £20 get over it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No the raid,seizures and jail/tag etc is purely for revenge not to get any money back,purely spite.

ReputationRep:
    you're going to ruin someone's life just because they owe you £20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    you're going to ruin someone's life just because they owe you £20?
    They ruined their lives not him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiopred)
    They ruined their lives not him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how? it's not like he can take any moral high ground, He's willing to make someone lose their livelyhood, their home, their chance to be with their children all because they owe him £20 because he was stupid enough to sell on tick.

how? it's not like he can take any moral high ground, He's willing to make someone lose their livelyhood, their home, their chance to be with their children all because they owe him £20 because he was stupid enough to sell on tick.
      Doesn't matter. They are still a blot on the community themselves. I'd do it even if they hadn't taken the £20.

ReputationRep:
      The bigger question is, would you report someone to the police if they were doing illegal activities, and by you doing so, it ruined their life? That's what he means by they ruined their own life.

ReputationRep:
      What on earth is "on tick"?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HarveyCanis)
      What on earth is "on tick"?
      They have it and then give the money later, usually only really done between those who have dealt with each other before and can trust them to pay it...no point selling on tick to someone you dont trust, it's hardly a legally enforceable contract

ReputationRep:
      It's not like I gathered this info the last few days,they are both aware I know of their illegal activities and could use it against them which makes it even more stupid.

I think I'm going to wait 2 more days and then ruin their lives.

And also its not the sum of money it's the principle.

ReputationRep:
      last time i heard anyone use the term ticked and $20 in the same sentance they were up to no good anyway, whats to stop someone here reporting you?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.