Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What few exercises would you pick for a really quick workout that you could do every day? Did a lot of sport when I was younger and now aiming to just maintain a decent physique with minimal effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scherbo)
    What few exercises would you pick for a really quick workout that you could do every day? Did a lot of sport when I was younger and now aiming to just maintain a decent physique with minimal effort. 5'8, 73kg
    You could do loads of bodyweight exercises like pullups, dips, pushups, squats etc. You can even add resistance, e.g. putting on a rucksack during squats, holding a bag of stuff with your feet while doing pullups and so on. In general, 20mins isn't enough time though.

ReputationRep:
    Why maintain a physique with minimum effort...? Work hard = get results, put in 'minimum effort' and get minimum results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A jog if its cardio you want or a combo of sit up push ups squats & chair dips if its strength/toning

Exercise is very fair you get exactly what you deserve. 10 minutes isn't a lot so you won't see huge fast changes but its 10 minutes more than a lot of people do and every little helps

ReputationRep:
    You won't get great progress in 10 minutes.

Try pushup/burpee/pullup. This hits your full body. Join them up so it's like one move and kip on pullups when you get tired.

I'd recommend you do a kettlebell workout. It's possible in 10-15 minutes (but you should really warm up before any exercise which would take 10 minutes in itself) .

ReputationRep:
    Some of these are quite short 5-10 mins but very intense: http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts

I've had good gains in stamina from some of the short exercises which only take 5 minutes! It would take more time, about 20 minutes, to stay reasonably strong though

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses.

Lots of bodyweight stuff.. the push-up, burpee, pull-up thing sounds good, as do chair dips

I'll try to do proper workouts too anyway, just wanted something quick I can do every day in case there are periods when I'm too busy

ReputationRep:
    Provided you do it at 100% intensity, something like;

10 Squats
    10 Press Ups
    10 Sit Ups
    10 Burpees
    10 Mountain Climbers

Do as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes...no stopping, no easing off. Start at 100% at keep going at your maximum. Do that and you'll get a good workout in 10 mins.

It won't make you 'ripped' or 'massive' by itself, but you'll get fitter and stronger doing something of that ilk three or four times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BowzerEdwards)
    Provided you do it at 100% intensity, something like;

10 Squats
    10 Press Ups
    10 Sit Ups
    10 Burpees
    10 Mountain Climbers

Do as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes...no stopping, no easing off. Start at 100% at keep going at your maximum. Do that and you'll get a good workout in 10 mins.

It won't make you 'ripped' or 'massive' by itself, but you'll get fitter and stronger doing something of that ilk three or four times a week.
    Don't forget pull ups, hugely beneficial exercise.

Also, what on earth is a mountain climber?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebMurphy)
    Don't forget pull ups, hugely beneficial exercise.

Also, what on earth is a mountain climber?
    Correct re the pull ups!

Mountain climbers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjdc2QVRUQ

Not brilliant, but a good way of getting the HR up, and keeping it up...

ReputationRep:
    Push up
    Pull up
    Squats/lunges
    Tricep dips
    Plank/other core exercises

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.