Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What few exercises would you pick for a really quick workout that you could do every day? Did a lot of sport when I was younger and now aiming to just maintain a decent physique with minimal effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scherbo)
    What few exercises would you pick for a really quick workout that you could do every day? Did a lot of sport when I was younger and now aiming to just maintain a decent physique with minimal effort. 5'8, 73kg
    You could do loads of bodyweight exercises like pullups, dips, pushups, squats etc. You can even add resistance, e.g. putting on a rucksack during squats, holding a bag of stuff with your feet while doing pullups and so on. In general, 20mins isn't enough time though.

ReputationRep:
    Why maintain a physique with minimum effort...? Work hard = get results, put in 'minimum effort' and get minimum results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A jog if its cardio you want or a combo of sit up push ups squats & chair dips if its strength/toning

Exercise is very fair you get exactly what you deserve. 10 minutes isn't a lot so you won't see huge fast changes but its 10 minutes more than a lot of people do and every little helps

ReputationRep:
    You won't get great progress in 10 minutes.

Try pushup/burpee/pullup. This hits your full body. Join them up so it's like one move and kip on pullups when you get tired.

I'd recommend you do a kettlebell workout. It's possible in 10-15 minutes (but you should really warm up before any exercise which would take 10 minutes in itself) .

ReputationRep:
    Some of these are quite short 5-10 mins but very intense: http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts

I've had good gains in stamina from some of the short exercises which only take 5 minutes! It would take more time, about 20 minutes, to stay reasonably strong though

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses.

Lots of bodyweight stuff.. the push-up, burpee, pull-up thing sounds good, as do chair dips

I'll try to do proper workouts too anyway, just wanted something quick I can do every day in case there are periods when I'm too busy

ReputationRep:
    Provided you do it at 100% intensity, something like;

10 Squats
    10 Press Ups
    10 Sit Ups
    10 Burpees
    10 Mountain Climbers

Do as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes...no stopping, no easing off. Start at 100% at keep going at your maximum. Do that and you'll get a good workout in 10 mins.

It won't make you 'ripped' or 'massive' by itself, but you'll get fitter and stronger doing something of that ilk three or four times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BowzerEdwards)
    Provided you do it at 100% intensity, something like;

10 Squats
    10 Press Ups
    10 Sit Ups
    10 Burpees
    10 Mountain Climbers

Do as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes...no stopping, no easing off. Start at 100% at keep going at your maximum. Do that and you'll get a good workout in 10 mins.

It won't make you 'ripped' or 'massive' by itself, but you'll get fitter and stronger doing something of that ilk three or four times a week.
    Don't forget pull ups, hugely beneficial exercise.

Also, what on earth is a mountain climber?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebMurphy)
    Don't forget pull ups, hugely beneficial exercise.

Also, what on earth is a mountain climber?
    Correct re the pull ups!

Mountain climbers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjdc2QVRUQ

Not brilliant, but a good way of getting the HR up, and keeping it up...

ReputationRep:
    Push up
    Pull up
    Squats/lunges
    Tricep dips
    Plank/other core exercises

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.