Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ferguson factor tbh. He makes United players into winners first and foremost, ability comes secondary but generally comes,

ReputationRep:
    Are we really playing 4-5-1 against Reading?.....

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to spend a summer hoping we buy another CM and then being told we are resigning Nicky Butt for a year

We also have no RB depth in any shape or form. Smalling is shockingly poor at anything offensive.

ReputationRep:
    At least Nicky Butt will add more bite into our midfield...

ReputationRep:
    Smalling's alot better in the CB slot and offers decent cover defensively but he doesn't seem as comfortable going forward as Jones.

LB cover might be worth looking into long-term. Buttner's not reassuring for me although will give him another season with more game time to assess his potential.

Speaking of midfielders, any idea when Scholes is going to return? I think he might call it a day in the summer, don't mind him carrying on but think this time, he will go.

DDG needed to be woken up by Rio there, that's what he needs to improve. Concentration in these sorts of games.

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck, for all the uses of a fluid front four, ruions formations and is the sole reason RvP is so out of games lately. It's very annoying.

RvP is more important than Welbeck and shouldn't be shunted to accommodate whatever Welbeck wants to do.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day a win is a win.. I'm hoping after the international break, the players will be more refreshed and play with more energy. Today performance's been dire.

I feel sorry for Hernandez, not getting a look in despite his abilities and great respect for not complaining unlike most players..

ReputationRep:
    The experience of our line-up helps us get over the line in games like these. Vidic, Rio, Giggs, Rooney - once we're in front and the opposition aren't troubling us too much are able to guide us home.

ReputationRep:
    I think we need 13 points from a possible 27 points to get the title if City win every single remaining match.

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't the most exciting of games but glad we got the job done.

ReputationRep:
    Let in 3 goals in last 10 PL games

ReputationRep:
    so to equal the highest ever points record.. you would need 21 points, from your last 27...

Loosing just 2 games?

seems do-able?

ReputationRep:
    Just shows how ridiculous that record is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    At the end of the day a win is a win.. I'm hoping after the international break, the players will be more refreshed and play with more energy. Today performance's been dire.

I feel sorry for Hernandez, not getting a look in despite his abilities and great respect for not complaining unlike most players..
    It's an insult to Hernandez for being behind Welbeck in the pecking order. Welbeck in no way deserves to be ahead of him. What is Welbeck? A striker, right? And as a striker, are you not meant to score goals? Yes you are. But does he score goals? Very few. In this PL season so far, Welbeck has played 21 games and scored...1 goal.
    Hernandez on the other hand has only played 15 games and yet has managed to score 8 goals which is slightly better than a goal every 2 games.

If you want to talk about all competitions this season, Welbeck has played 39 times and scored 4 times while Hernandez has played 31 times and scored 17 times which, again, is slightly better than a goal every 2 games compared to Welbeck's average of a goal every 10 games which is shameful for a Man Utd striker.

Some people say that Welbeck's link up play is good and he runs around a lot. Oh well done! What is the end product? A goal? Rarely. An assist? Few times - 4 in his 39 games compared to Hernandez's 3 in his 31 games so not much daylight between them in that category.

Hernandez really does deserve to be playing more and the fact that Welbeck keeps getting game time as opposed to Hernandez is an abomination.

Sorry for my rant there, I just had to let it out.

ReputationRep:
    How many times has Welbeck actually started up front? Or even played up front in total? I'm sure it'd be much less than Hernandez. The reason that Welbeck has more game time than Hernandez is that he's more versatile and capable of playing wide unlike Hernandez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I think we need 13 points from a possible 27 points to get the title if City win every single remaining match.
    Well then it'd be from a possible 24 points

ReputationRep:
    Agree with VQG, Welbeck's playing time is justified, largely due to our below average performing wingers this season

ReputationRep:
    Surely we're seeing the final days of Anderson in a Man Utd shirt? Poor performance yesterday. I feel sorry for him, he's been misused to a large extent.

ReputationRep:
    13 days till our next match. International breaks are so frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Surely we're seeing the final days of Anderson in a Man Utd shirt? Poor performance yesterday. I feel sorry for him, he's been misused to a large extent.
    Sadly this is true. But I do wonder, will Fergie actually make a midfield purchase this summer? Because he really has to. Reading was an example of what we are like without Carrick.

No offence to Carrick but whilst he's a great screener and dictates momentum well, he's not ALWAYS the creative type. He has had to step up because we don't have anyone in a central position like that, and he's done it well.

Either mould Kagawa into a CM role (which I really think can work like a treat given his work rate and positional awareness) or buy in the summer. Cleverly is good at best. He's young and maybe in a couple years will be amazing, but I worry about our midfield in the absence of Carrick. We shouldn't be over-reliant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.