Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    if you think about it Nani is at the center of all our cup exits this season.
    I wouldn't say he was at the centre of the FA Cup exit against Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    if you think about it Nani is at the center of all our cup exits this season.
    Not really. FA cup didn't involve nani that much. Yes he was poor but hernandez and van persie were more central to it.

ReputationRep:
    87% - The player with the best Premier League win percentage for Man Utd (20+ games) is Tom Cleverley. Erudite.

Tis interesting

I think it's of all time (as in, all of Optas stat history time) based on what else they are tweeting, but it's not clear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is the full table, so it's obviously since they started counting. Some great names thrown in there, well worth a quick look. Gibson at Everton :mmm: and Erik Nevland at Fulham who i'm sure a few of us will remember.

I've said before that Cleverley's a good partner for Carrick because Carrick's biggest weakness is his mobility and Cleverley just keeps moving all match, whether in attack or defence. I think Cleverley's actually getting himself towards the Welbeck category of being underappreciated by those who don't watch enough of him, Fletcher and Evans found themselves there in the past before getting the recognition they deserved so hopefully that process happens again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Yeah this is the full table, so it's obviously since they started counting. Some great names thrown in there, well worth a quick look. Gibson at Everton :mmm: and Erik Nevland at Fulham who i'm sure a few of us will remember.
    I remember Erik Nevland signing as if it were yesterday...well...last week. 1997 :moon:

ReputationRep:

I've said before that Cleverley's a good partner for Carrick because Carrick's biggest weakness is his mobility and Cleverley just keeps moving all match, whether in attack or defence. I think Cleverley's actually getting himself towards the Welbeck category of being underappreciated by those who don't watch enough of him, Fletcher and Evans found themselves there in the past before getting the recognition they deserved so hopefully that process happens again.
    Tbh I think welbeck is now getting the recognition he deserves. Especially after the CL matches everyones been raving about him.

ReputationRep:

pretty sure i read somewhere that vidic has the highest win% of all manchester united players across all competitions, 70% i think which is above fergies 60%.
    Also i noticed that almost all the people in the table have played less than 100 games for each club so its more likely to be an outlier, like they might have only played in 10 easy games every year for 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brainiac)
    pretty sure i read somewhere that vidic has the highest win% of all manchester united players across all competitions, 70% i think which is above fergies 60%.
    Yep, i assume its the article i saw earlier saying of all United players with more than 60 apps (i assume across all competitions) Vidic has the best win %, 'up to nearly 72%'

Makes sense, as seen this season he's such a massive difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    I remember Erik Nevland signing as if it were yesterday...well...last week. 1997 :moon:
    Not sure why I remember Nevland so well, he appears to have only played one game for us. Maybe it's just the association with that treble winning era :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why I remember Nevland so well, he appears to have only played one game for us. Maybe it's just the association with that treble winning era :lol:
    He played a bit in the cups from what I remember. I say a bit, maybe three or four games....

I just have a clear memory of reading an article about him in a magazine, just before he signed.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Fergie praising De Gea. He's been great this season ~ no 'flops' that I can remember [?]

Hopefully Rafael will be fit for the derby. I'd go with a similar team that started against Madrid in the Nani red card game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Good to see Fergie praising De Gea. He's been great this season ~ no 'flops' that I can remember [?]

Hopefully Rafael will be fit for the derby. I'd go with a similar team that started against Madrid in the Nani red card game.
    There was that thing he did against Tottenham away where the media had a field day. But that can't really be classed as a 'flop'.

ReputationRep:
    On other news, Keane has definitely impressed at Leicester. He and Morgan have made a pretty solid partnership since he has arrived even though Leicester are in a bad series of form. Matty James has been decent but not had many games with Drinkwater, King and others in front of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Don't think it's a coincidence that DDG's form has become consistent and more filled with confidence since he's had a regular stream of defenders in front of him, think that's majorly helped and the critics have quietened down because he has kept clean sheets. He's not solid as a house yet though; still need to be fully convinced of his aerial abilities, communication and concentration. The latter is the main thing for me, Van Der Sar was someone he can learn from in regards to how VDS would be doing nothing for 80 minutes but pull off a safe in the 81st minute and be focused.

But DDG's young and he's got the jersey for now and should finish off these nonsense rumours of Begovic.

I've got a feeling Lindegaard may depart in the summer, seeing how DDG has done and his desire to be a number one, might see him want to leave.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little bit nervous about Monday, to be honest.

Obviously, we are in a better position going into it than we were going into last years game, but it wouldn't be ideal having just lost to Chelsea, and closing in on the league title to lose to them lot. Really we could do with at least drawing.

I'm not convinced the league is wrapped up. If we're turned over on Monday, then you've got back to back trips at West Ham and Stoke and that isn't ideal. And all of a sudden City are back in it.

A 2-1 to United would be a dream. I still think about van Persie's goal at the Etihad. What a moment.

ReputationRep:
    I think perhaps an older keeper in his twighlight years might be a good bet for us. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench with the chance of picking up a medal or two, and has the experience if we do need them to be called upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I'm a little bit nervous about Monday, to be honest.

Obviously, we are in a better position going into it than we were going into last years game, but it wouldn't be ideal having just lost to Chelsea, and closing in on the league title to lose to them lot. Really we could do with at least drawing.

I'm not convinced the league is wrapped up. If we're turned over on Monday, then you've got back to back trips at West Ham and Stoke and that isn't ideal. And all of a sudden City are back in it.

A 2-1 to United would be a dream. I still think about van Persie's goal at the Etihad. What a moment.
    No, the league is wrapped up, signed and delivered. It's just a question of how many points you end up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I think perhaps an older keeper in his twighlight years might be a good bet for us. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench with the chance of picking up a medal or two, and has the experience if we do need them to be called upon.

Shay Given? although he was terrible last time I saw him at Arsenal and also at the Euros...

Schwarzer is another option but he seems like the type who wants to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Shay Given? although he was terrible last time I saw him at Arsenal and also at the Euros...

Schwarzer is another option but he seems like the type who wants to play.
    I've never rated Given. After I wrote it I had a think but I couldn't think of anyone of the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few decent keepers in their mid thirties knocking about Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I've never rated Given. After I wrote it I had a think but I couldn't think of anyone of the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few decent keepers in their mid thirties knocking about Europe.
    Buffon who is unlikely to leave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.