Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    We saw how playing for the draw worked out last season.
    Not too well, I recall. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Jones starting at centerback

ReputationRep:
    Why does Kagawa rarely play?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the whistle just as City were about to put in a cross. Ferguson bumming refs again.

ReputationRep:
    Giggs :rofl: What the hell was he playing at.

ReputationRep:
    I told you- take your f-in chances!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    I told you- take your f-in chances!!!!
    Would help if our manager wasn't having one of his completely tactically indept days.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.

Stupid loss.

Poor starting 11.

Poor sub decisions.

SAF has been saved far too often by his **** sub decisions but tonight he wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Meaningless game tonight, just a test match.

No RVP goal again?

Reversion to the mean it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's seen us play for the last two seasons must've expected that after seeing our starting line up. Shocking stuff, can't believe Giggs actually played the full 90 minutes - any other player would've been hooked after that back-heel.

ReputationRep:
    SAF's decisions really do baffle me at times....giggs on for full 90min, kagawa not starting, valencia coming on as a sub..

ReputationRep:
    Why is giggs playing for 90 mins?!!? welbeck should not be called a striker (never is in goal scoring positions and ofcourse never scores), Young is not a winger-no way, he never takes on a player in the wing, rafeal was not his usual self-mybe because of his injury. Jones was fantastic at CB.

MISS CHANCE AFTER CHANCE. NOT ONLY GOAL SCORING CHANCES BUT MISSING CHANCES IN BUILDING OUR ATTACK TO MAKE A GOAL SCORING OPPORTUNITY!!

Gonna win the league anyway though. Imagine if Evra scored at the last seconds-best comeback ever! especially as his son was there.

ReputationRep:
    How the **** did Giggs finish that game?

ReputationRep:
    We've won the PL but would have been nice to win City tonight, arghh.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's the squad that's gotten us in the position we're in and not our best XI, I think that was fairly obvious in the recent matches against Real Madrid and Chelsea, as it was once again today.

I don't think we could've changed particularly much to our team there; Giggs could come out, sure, but I don't think Cleverley or Anderson would've offered much more, though maybe they wouldn't have made the stupid mistake that lead to the goal. In terms of wingers, Young and Welbeck were poor as usual, still wonder why the latter is on the wing when he's a striker. We know Valencia is poor and Nani only manages the odd spell of good games - it's a real problem position for us.

We set up to play on the counter, as we did versus Real Madrid and Chelsea. It just pays too much respect to the opponent, and it especially doesn't work when your strikers can't finish off the limited chances they'll get. I'd like to see us dominate games like these, but we just never do.

ReputationRep:
    Why was Hernandez brought on so late in the game?

And for goodness sake Fergie, stop selecting Welbeck - he does nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pissingMonkey)

city play some classy football, deserved to win
    Ye man, faking injury then moaning when United don't kick it out, classy.

ReputationRep:
    What would people put as an all time Ferguson 18 :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xdave-)
    well, it's the squad that's gotten us in the position we're in and not our best xi, i think that was fairly obvious in the recent matches against real madrid and chelsea, as it was once again today.

I don't think we could've changed particularly much to our team there; giggs could come out, sure, but i don't think cleverley or anderson would've offered much more, though maybe they wouldn't have made the stupid mistake that lead to the goal. In terms of wingers, young and welbeck were poor as usual, still wonder why the latter is on the wing when he's a striker. We know valencia is poor and nani only manages the odd spell of good games - it's a real problem position for us.

We set up to play on the counter, as we did versus real madrid and chelsea. It just pays too much respect to the opponent, and it especially doesn't work when your strikers can't finish off the limited chances they'll get. i'd like to see us dominate games like these, but we just never do.
    it is because we do not have an imposing midfield. I think if he used cleverly today-put him on in last 20 min instead of giggs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    What would people put as an all time Ferguson 18 :beard:
    Schmeichel, Neville, Rio, Vidic, Irwin, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney/Cantona, Cole.

Probably missing some big players from his early years though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.