Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^ therefore man city > man united

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...medium=twitter

Decent view of RvPs form.

Basically saying all his movement etc is all still there so it could be worse, but he's been off goalscoring wise and a large part of that reason is the lacking in creativity around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...medium=twitter

Decent view of RvPs form.

Basically saying all his movement etc is all still there so it could be worse, but he's been off goalscoring wise and a large part of that reason is the lacking in creativity around him.
    or RVP would just eventually stop scoring every game and revert to his pre 2011 ratio...

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody see welbeck as a striker.any more ? He's got good build up play and a good work rate but 1 goal this season is crazy maybe he just doesn't have that instinct for goal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Such a classy goal by Aguero.

Still, United have the title in the bag pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    or RVP would just eventually stop scoring every game and revert to his pre 2011 ratio...
    so what if he does ? we've won the PL .. and still have 3 more strikers ... and not to mention the promising youth prospects we have .... we took your best player and showed the world that arsenal are not in the same league as us.

ReputationRep:
    As Fergie and Wenger pointed out pre 2011 he's a different player. His form might tail off but he's not going to return to that player until he starts playing in the style of that player again. As Tommy says analysis of his movement shows he's stayed pretty much the same, issue being our team hasn't be anywhere near as goal focused of late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Does anybody see welbeck as a striker.any more ? He's got good build up play and a good work rate but 1 goal this season is crazy maybe he just doesn't have that instinct for goal
    Thing is, he doesn't have creativity either. He's good at holding up the ball and has good touch and pace. But his decision making (e.g trying to take on the last man rather than pass to Rooney yesterday) and finishing are bad...I don't know what he is.

ReputationRep:
    We are not letting in 3 every game anymore, no need to be so attacking and thus less opportunities for him.

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks that if we signed luka Modric, he would solve our problem? He connects that transition from defence to attack. If you have him in a line up infront of carrick, I think he would be perfect.

Maybe if we buy a holding midfielder too (highly unlikely, but what if carrick gets injured). A left winger too as giggs is getting older and young is practically a crap AM and not a winger (never goes out and out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    Its alright, we have Zaha.. 3rd choice being Hazard and Lucas Moura
    Hazard isn't really a winger, likes to cut in and get involved with play in the middle. With kagawa there hazard wouldn't have got playing time at united. Moura would have been a good option though. Although with your signings this season hazard, kagawa and rooney playing behind van persie would have been pretty good. No more wing counter attacks though. Never seen a united team with such poor wingers.

ReputationRep:

The ridiculousness of this photo when RVP/Rooney alone are on £24m a year...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This guy Jordy clasie seems really good, very much like cleverley in his playing ability and his physical appearence (not making it up, maybe looks more like Buttner). However, he is more rounded than cleverley and younger; he can take set pieces as he is good at freekicks and taking corners (Van persie is more useful in the box I would think rather than taking corner kicks). Jordy also is a great physical tackler and is really mobile , and considering his size, he is very strong in imposing, he can hit a pass in both long and short distances with ease and under pressure. Overall, I think he is what I think fergie likes in a midfielder and I think he is the best I have seen in midfielders available in terms of overall attributes he brings to the team it self and not just a squad player. If you look at strootmen, he is basicly considered by utd supporters because of his physical presence but that does not necessarily make him a good midfielder-he lacks mobility, doesn't hold that passing ability and I think fergie is right in being cautious in his sighnings and choosing the perfect midfielder in his eyes.

On a lighter note, Imagine if we signed him, we would 5 possible lookalikes (Group 1: Cleverley, Buttner, Jordy clasie/ Group 2: rafeal and fabio) on the pitch and that will most definitely confuse the opposition big time. Hehe.

Also I think for another 10 years or so, everyone will be talking about the latest crazy ass face that jones put on. There will be coloums on news papers about his face, websites dedicated on his latest pictures, 5 photographers soley and dedicated in taking pictures of his face each match.

ReputationRep:

The ridiculousness of this photo when RVP/Rooney alone are on £24m a year...:rolleyes:
    But they are about to deliver title number 20, ergo making history while City are about to deliver nothing. They are getting paid £24m to do a job, a job which they are doing, as opposed to getting paid £24m to fail to the job which you are paid for.

ReputationRep:
    We were lacking in creativity yesterday and just putting the ball in the box constantly hoping someone to get a head on it but it wasn't working so fergie brings on Hernandez and Valencia who for the most part provide no creativity however Nani and Kagawa who are the only creative midfielders were left on the bench. For me Nani plays best like De Gea when given a consistent run like in 2010, and can be amazing, and for me Kagawa is better than Rooney as a AM apart from his finish and against stronger (physical) sides. Young and Valencia are squad players that wouldn't be looked at by Bayern/Barca/Madrid as starters, and for me I would look at buying players such as Gotze/Bale/Modric/El Shaawry in the summer and let go off one of Valencia or Young, and give Nani his last season at united because he has destroyed Bayern, Arsenal and City in the past, yesterday showed the lack of creativity we contain at times.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The ridiculousness of this photo when RVP/Rooney alone are on £24m a year...
    Ignoring the whole squad and just focusing on two players and you claim they are ridiculous. Logic.

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of young-so damn weak compared to other players, gets injured in nearly every touch and this causes him to be inconsistent or out of form. Anyone notice his legs? Oh my... its like ./\. it just looks creepy and he has this hunch on his back all the time-unnatural body physique. This is not tot take the mick out of him but, c'mon, he is surely on of the most average signings that fergie has made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    What is the point of young-so damn weak compared to other players, gets injured in nearly every touch and this causes him to be inconsistent or out of form. Anyone notice his legs? Oh my... its like ./\. it just looks creepy and he has this hunch on his back all the time-unnatural body physique. This is not tot take the mick out of him but, c'mon, he is surely on of the most average signings that fergie has made.
    Only issue i have with Youngs signing was the wage. For his actual role i don't see what people have to complain about. Complaina bout his performances, sure, like you can with every player. But overall he does his job, he is a squad player, and a good one, one that would fit into any squad in the PL and would do a good job.

Youngs PL career for us, going by whoscored, is 36(8) appls, 7 goals , 13 assists. Hardly a terrible return for a squad player.

It isn't his fault he isn't as good as others but is still favoured over Nani because SAF went through a very long stage of 'Nani is the only one who deserves to be dropped when doesn't play well' and we saw Welbeck, Rooney etc still being allowed to play.

My ideal actual winger situation would be players like Rodriguez with Young on left, and Nani with Zaha on right. Decent mix of youth, potential and ability whilst all of them fit the 4-2-3-1 style.

This then goes in to how i think Kagawa was a poor buy but thats a different point.

ReputationRep:
    How did the atmosphere come off on TV last night?

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't have speed which is the big downfall for him - he would be one of the best in the world if he would've had more speed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.