The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
There is almost no difference between "might put a payment down" and "they've put a payment down",

There isn't a difference between someone speculating what could happen and someone saying something has happened?

Well thats a new one.
I'd rather us sign a midfielder like Arda Turan who is versatile enough to play various role and can play effectively as a left winger and deliver accurate crosses. I think more than anything is to get a defensive midfielder/ centre midfielder, imo a box-to-box or a destroyer would be good. I think that with Anderson likely to leave, Scholes likely to retire/ or not play much, Fletcher not known when he will be back and Giggs not able to play all the time, it is area that we need sorting out sooner than later.
Original post by Tommyjw
There isn't a difference between someone speculating what could happen and someone saying something has happened?

Well thats a new one.

Not really what I said, you're twisting things now, I said almost no difference.

the things he says aren't in the papers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHcsXVRCIAAuqjZ.jpg:large

Balague taking already printed details (nothing he says is in the paper though, right?), cherry picking them and passing them off as fact. You're wriggling, it was in the papers, enjoy your fail.

Balague taking already printed details (nothing he says is in the paper though, right?), cherry picking them and passing them off as fact. You're wriggling, it was in the papers, enjoy your fail.

Taking already printed details even though he said it has happened when the papers hadn't?

Cherry picking details when the papers hadn't actually said the words he had?

Your logic is just astoundingly stupid.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Taking already printed details even though he said it has happened when the papers hadn't?

Cherry picking details when the papers hadn't actually said the words he had?

Your logic is just astoundingly stupid.

"Not in the papers"

"I mean said the words he had"

You're backtracking. Balague knows **** all.
(edited 11 years ago)
"Not in the papers"

"I mean said the words he had"

You're backtracking. Balague knows **** all.

Backtracking because i know the difference between speculation and a definitive statement?

Whatever you say.
Just going around in circles guys.

Either way, this isn't happening.
Just leave it. Only time will tell, if anyone who has got the balls to ask Fergie tomorrow (it is like a communist part-speak out and face the consequences-although most of the reporters do ask bull questions most of the time) at press conference then we will get some sort of idea.

Find this interesting, he like english football and ryan giggs (who doesn't). He does look like a beast in a suit-doesn't look right.
[video="youtube;dGbpcOgx088"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGbpcOgx088[/video]
Reply 2568
If Falcao comes then we have to sell either Chica/Rooney to free up space as Zaha is also coming in, if Chica leaves I doubt we won't have any buy back clause but then I think we won't sign another major player, if Rooney leaves then a midfielder is still on the cards or Rooney to play in midfield. But is Rooney a proper midfielder? Fergie looks to want to play with 4-4-2 next season then, with RVP behind Falcao (if he comes).
Reply 2569
We shouldn't sell chica if anybody should go its welbeck despite being a hardworker 1 goal is very bad for a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2570
Original post by diggy
We shouldn't sell chica if anybody should go its welbeck despite being a hardworker 1 goal is very bad for a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

The stats don't tell the whole truth Welbeck has been great this season, he is involved much more in open play than Hernandez, if he gets his decision making correct and becomes less clumsy no need in letting him go. Hernandez and Welbeck are like two totally different strikers and it gives us great options we are lucky to have such a varied attack.
Reply 2571
Welbeck has is really good at winning the ball high up the pitch, in the derby at the ethiad, im pretty sure he won the ball, laid it off to rafael who won a free kick which got the winner. I also read somewhere that he has one of the highest pass percentage rates in the final third.
Original post by Brainiac
Welbeck has is really good at winning the ball high up the pitch, in the derby at the ethiad, im pretty sure he won the ball, laid it off to rafael who won a free kick which got the winner. I also read somewhere that he has one of the highest pass percentage rates in the final third.

Wasn't he also the selfish one who decided not to pass when it was 2 on 1 with Rooney?
Reply 2573
De Gea
Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Carrick, Rooney
Nani, RVP, Kagawa
Falcao

:smug:

Increasingly i've been won over by the idea of Rooney at CM, he has everything needed to play there and if we had the goalscorers ahead of him then it could work incredibly.

Being a bit more realistic, seeing as Falcao isn't coming, it could be an option to play Kagawa just off RVP with Rooney partnering Carrick. I'd be happy to see that in some games in this season's run in actually. CM still essential in the summer though.
Reply 2574
What my reaction would be if I woke up one morning to find the Falcao rumors confirmed:

Original post by Idle
What my reaction would be if I woke up one morning to find the Falcao rumors confirmed:

From when I wake up to Falcao texts on my phone, to seeing the confirmation online, I would be more like...

Original post by Louis.
De Gea
Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Carrick, Rooney
Nani, RVP, Kagawa
Falcao

:smug:

Increasingly i've been won over by the idea of Rooney at CM, he has everything needed to play there and if we had the goalscorers ahead of him then it could work incredibly.

It's just going to be 4-Carrick-5, isn't it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2576
Original post by Kenan and Kel
It's just going to be 4-Carrick-5, isn't it.

And it'll be glorious :coma:

I think Rooney CM is a genuine option though, he has proven he's willing to play any role and has the discipline to do it. When we played him as a midfielder early in the season he played as a midfielder, didn't rush upfield leaving us exposed.
What about a 4-2-2-2 formation if Falcao comes with Rooney playing as an left winger but able to cut inside and drop into the center.
Reply 2578
Don't rate Rooney as a winger anymore, was an option earlier in his career but he has lost a lot of his acceleration and doesn't really take on players.

I love all this chat. It's like when the stories came out a few months back about Ronaldo wanting to leave, all of a sudden we were finding space for him in our side. When rumours are this exciting i'm happy to ignore silly things like realism and just roll with it :coma:
Lewandowski, falcao, rooney, ronaldo and RVP up front would be awesome :sogood:

Play 3-4-2-1. Ronaldo at left mid, falcao up front, RVP and lewandowski just behind and rooney as a CM it'll actually work. Then you have rafael as right mid, carrick as CM, jones, vidic and evans as CB's.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest