Shinji Kagawa
    Danny Welbeck
    David De Gea

Will all earn their first PL Medal if we win the title
    "If" we win the title :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    "If" we win the title :eek:
    People were saying the same thing last year. Look what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    People were saying the same thing last year. Look what happened.
    not this year I'm afraid....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    not this year I'm afraid....
    I hope so! I can see us dropping maybe 4 points with the games remaining. If that's the case, it's a job done. I just worry that our form since Real hasn't been that great.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! I can see us dropping maybe 4 points with the games remaining. If that's the case, it's a job done. I just worry that our form since Real hasn't been that great.
    Well our form has been alright but its our performances mainly, everyones gone off so form and we just dont have the zip we did at the start. It was enough to get by against the small teams but we were found out against City and Chelsea. I don't know why maybe its due to a lack of motivation from losing the champions league and being so clear in the prem.

Another argument is that usually we start seasons off slowly and come into our own towards the end but we started this season off to a flyer so maybe this was an inevitability. No team can last a whole season and we've simply burned out or just hit a natural peak and are coming down from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    Well our form has been alright but its our performances mainly, everyones gone off so form and we just dont have the zip we did at the start. It was enough to get by against the small teams but we were found out against City and Chelsea. I don't know why maybe its due to a lack of motivation from losing the champions league and being so clear in the prem.

Another argument is that usually we start seasons off slowly and come into our own towards the end but we started this season off to a flyer so maybe this was an inevitability. No team can last a whole season and we've simply burned out or just hit a natural peak and are coming down from it.
    Ha, yeah, that's what I meant by form! United always have been the best at grinding results out when playing below their best. Losing against Real was so gutting. It marked the end of the season really (FA Cup = Meh to me).

Hadn't thought of that to be honest!

Must admit, this is probably the least exciting end to a season I can remember for years. It worries me though that, Russian-Oligarch-backed-teams aside, there's nobody even close to challenging United. Even those teams are nowhere near in terms of the league. I hope this doesn't continue this way. Winning the Premiership should be a respected challenge. The way it's going, it may well become as predictable as the SPL is.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, yeah, that's what I meant by form! United always have been the best at grinding results out when playing below their best. Losing against Real was so gutting. It marked the end of the season really (FA Cup = Meh to me).

Hadn't thought of that to be honest!

Must admit, this is probably the least exciting end to a season I can remember for years. It worries me though that, Russian-Oligarch-backed-teams aside, there's nobody even close to challenging United. Even those teams are nowhere near in terms of the league. I hope this doesn't continue this way. Winning the Premiership should be a respected challenge. The way it's going, it may well become as predictable as the SPL is.
    Well i think Man City and Chelsea will pose a much greater threat next season and i think Fergie knows that which is why hes going for players like Falcao (if indeed the rumours are true).

It will be an incredibly interesting summer, not just to see which players get signed but also managers. If Mourinho returns to Chelsea then they surely would become front runners and if the Sheikhs have any sense they'll sack Mancini despite his end of season charge (Wigan mk2?).

Having spent over £500m being so far behind in the league and not winning once in the champions league is unnacceptable, thing is City fans seem to think he's God just because they won the league last season on goal difference and he does well in the FA Cup. Why they aren't dominating this league like Bayern do with the resources they have available is a question Sheikh Mansour should be asking himself and a better manager would be able to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao rumors keep coming up, wonder if we might well sign him and use Rooney more from midfield and Wellbeck from the wings next year.

I think we might also sign a CM if Scholes re-retires.

ReputationRep:
    Interview with Carrick

Part 2

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    A very decent line up:
    De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney,RVP.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot watch the game, how are we playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Cannot watch the game, how are we playing?
    West Ham have been in our half a lot more than we have and have now taken the lead, not the greatest defending tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how you cant enjoy seeing Kagawa get out muscles all the time and Valencia passing back all the time.. its a great match so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Don't know how you cant enjoy seeing Kagawa get out muscles all the time and Valencia passing back all the time.. its a great match so far.
    He just scored, should give him some confidence, perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling depressed hearing about it.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff from Evra and Kagawa.

ReputationRep:
    The West Ham fans don't seem to like Rooney very much.

ReputationRep:
    Who was it who gave the ball away with a sloppy pass to Kagawa (who was marked by the defender) that lead to the West Ham 1st goal?

#ja

ReputationRep:
    Finally. Carroll gets booked for being a *******.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.