Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't be too disappointed considering we lost the lead twice. I just hope we win at Arsenal. Vidic bossed it (even if we did concede twice). Valencia and Kagawa decent too

ReputationRep:
    I'd give Valencia away foir free if it meant that god awful player was replaced by Nani.

ReputationRep:
    If city win their game in hand.. then its 5 left, with a 10pts lead..

Surely still enough..

ReputationRep:
    Carroll was in one of those moods where he'd trouble anyone, but we didn't exactly help ourselves. Only 1 out of 4 defenders suited to playing against him. Rio bottled it completely, Jones probably should have played RB to help out a bit more, and then the midfield might not have been as atrocious.

Jones cannot play an advanced role in midfield, his feet don't move quick enough so he can't retain possession, which means as a team we don't have enough passing options. Defence or a holding role, nothing else thanks Phil.

Rooney also woeful, apart from a couple of flashes. The performance of Jones and Rooney meant we didn't see Carrick's usual influence. Giggs dreadful when he came on, just so many poor performances in midfield. Not sure what Cleverley has done wrong recently.

Kagawa was the only real positive, two fantastic bits of play that led to both goals. Him just being on the pitch opens up so many more angles for the whole team, you see players making runs they wouldn't otherwise because they know Kagawa can find them. Bringing him off made no sense whatsoever, and how Jones and Valencia both completed the 90 is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this isn't another **** up for the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I'd give Valencia away foir free if it meant that god awful player was replaced by Nani.
    Valencia wasn't that bad today to be fair.

Kagawa was excellent. Why he was taken off I do not know. He looked most likely to create a chance.

ReputationRep:
    We need to win 2 more games to win the league. We have Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Brom and Swansea if im not mistaken. If we beat Villa then its easy pickings from then on. If we drop points, could be squeaky bum time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Valencia is just a favourite of Sir Alex. He wasn't as bad today, but I can't understand why he plays every game, while playing so badly.

I don't know what Nani has done, but it must be pretty damn bad for Valencia to stay in the team instead of him getting a shot.

ReputationRep:
    we are sure making wrapping up the title as difficult as possible for ourselves :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Nani anyway? I remember he was top draw in the 10/11 season. Must been performing poor in training or had a bust up with Alex Ferguson

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's happened to Valencia? Was amazing and now completely tailed off

ReputationRep:
    What I find ridiculous is that if Nani has a bad game he has to miss the next 3, but Valencia has to have about 3 bad games to miss 1.
    But Kagawa is some player, MOTM and against the second most physical side in the prem, he for me should play CAM and Rooney at CM, with RVP up front. Though a partnership of Kagawa and Nani/Welbeck does work on the wings, due to the fact they all can drift in and out and it makes it very unpredictable.

De gea to took the physicality of West Ham very well.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to come from that was De Gea's reaction when Carroll interfered with him catching the ball early in the 2nd. Carroll didn't even deserve a yellow for it, but De Gea making a fuss and having a go at both Carroll and Nolan made it more of a deal than it was and led to the yellow.Showed you how much he has changed since he first came over, doesn't look like a scared child anymore, starting to impose himself. No chance he'd have done that a year ago.

Imagine seeing something like the Carroll 'challenge' on the halfway line, a ref would reach straight for a red card.

ReputationRep:
    Carroll should have had a good 4 yellows yesterday and even that jumping shoulder tackle could have been a red. Awful player yesterday.

Loved it when De Gea had the ball wrapped around him and Carroll got a yellow for sitting on the floor and holding his face :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see a bit of that from De Gea, even the push. Shows he's growing a bit more, a bit more authority. I think he looks bigger too, around the chest area.

ReputationRep:
    potential formation for 2013/2014?:

GK: De Gea

RB: Rafael/Smalling/Jones/Fabio - CB's: (2 of) Ferdinand/Smalling/Jones/Evans/Vidic - LB: Evra/Fabio/Buttner

CM: (defensive/deep lying playmaker) Carrick/Jones/Rooney

CM: (2 * advanced playmaker/attacking) Giggs/Kagawa/Rooney/Matic

RW: Valencia/Van Persie/Rooney/Wellbeck

LW: Young/Rooney/Kagawa/Wellbeck

ST: Falcao/Van Persie/Rooney/Hernandez/Wellbeck

basically 4-3-3 with one more defensive CM and two more advanced/attacking ones, then a player on each wing with a frontman down the middle...utilizes all our squad in any roles they can play, included most likely signings imo (Falcao/Matic), would be quality imo.

ReputationRep:
    On Kagawa

The Japan international had just created the Reds’ second equaliser with a shot that hit both posts and fell to Robin van Persie, when he was replaced by Javier Hernandez.

A few minutes earlier, Ryan Giggs had been brought on in place of Wayne Rooney and Sir Alex admitted he should probably have left Shinji on as the leaders hunted a winner.

The United manager said: “As far as taking Rooney off the other night, it was simple: he wasn’t playing as well as Shinji was. In so many games Wayne is better than most players but on the night Shinji was playing so well.

“The ironic thing was, when we were chasing a goal with 14 minutes left, I decided to put Chicharito on and Shinji made the second goal.

“I’d already given the fourth official the card, Chicha was standing on the touchline and then we scored the second goal. I think if I’d have changed my decision then we would have won it.

“Shinji was doing really well but unfortunately he came off. Chicha came on simply because you always think he’ll get a chance in the game. At that point we wanted to win it and you make decisions like that that maybe are not fair.”

Shinji has impressed in recent games, playing either on the left or just behind a striker, and also made United’s first goal at Upton Park for Antonio Valencia after a neat one-two with van Persie opened the Hammers up.

“He’s doing very well for us now,” Sir Alex added. “He has fantastic composure on the ball and his decision-making is good. He has a good selection of passes; he seems to always pick the more sensible pass.

“And he made a terrific first goal. There were a few involved in that build-up but he had the composure to take the player on in a tight area and roll the ball to Valencia for a tap-in. He’s doing very well.”
    Also apparently from Carricks agent, rumour is out Carrick is nominated for Player of the year which are all announced later

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, might be a good thing if Rooney had a bit of a layoff. Kagawa looks like he could really grow in the team in the absence of Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    PFA Player of the Year award shortlist announced: Bale, Carrick, Hazard, Mata, Suarez and Van Persie

Delighted that Carrick is finally get recognition, he won't win but he definately deserves to be nominated and id put him ahead of RVP this season due to RVP's dip in form in the second half of the season.

I think Bale will probably win even though I feel Suarez deserves it more, I don't think many people would've voted for him, he doesn't help himself though with his antics, currently being investigated by FIFA because of something he did for Urugauy I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Welbecks also been nominated for Young award.

Which he shouldn't have, but Rafael should have been,

Carrick or Bale for Main, Benteke or Hazard for Young for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.