Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else see this? This is funny, got to be the tweet of the season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Barca of 2011 and 2009 are not the Barca of today, they got beat by Real this season in most classico's, and nearly got knocked out by PSG and Milan, Bayern however would beat us but then again they lost against Arsenal, and if we get someone like Falcao with Rooney in midfield and RVP & Kagawa as well, I would say we could make any defence crumble.

ReputationRep:
    Missed most of yesterday's game but came home to find the title wrapped up, ready to be enjoyed!

The number 20 seems to have so many positions in our title journey. We signed RVP for over £20m, RVP wore the number 20 jersey, RVP scored over 20 goals this season and RVP helped us crown our twentieth title!

I'm personally happy for the younger guys of the team, especially De Gea. The guy's taken unbelieveable stick but this season he's made his number one jersey his own and we'll really get to see his talent and prove those who thought he'd flop wrong. Neville said a while back that winning the league would aid DDG and the younger players for more appetite to learn and be better, can't say that's wrong tbh.

But we need to be professional till the end of the season, enjoy the game and have fun!

Nasri leaves Arsenal - wins the league next season with his new club and so does RVP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Barca of 2011 and 2009 are not the Barca of today, they got beat by Real this season in most classico's, and nearly got knocked out by PSG and Milan, Bayern however would beat us but then again they lost against Arsenal, and if we get someone like Falcao with Rooney in midfield and RVP & Kagawa as well, I would say we could make any defence crumble.
    2011 was the high point when we could actually press teams and seemingly find space all the time. Now its so lazy and lethargic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Nasri leaves Arsenal - wins the league next season with his new club and so does RVP.
    So wilshere to join chelsea then :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    2011 was the high point when we could actually press teams and seemingly find space all the time. Now its so lazy and lethargic.
    There's a reason why Pep left when he did. To avoid seeing this day.

I think he knew that the intensity he was pushing his side for could only be sustained for so long and eventually the team would fall down and might get back up after a while whereas in the first few years, they jumped up and got on with things. And all that might have meant friction with his players that as a sensitive chap Pep is, he wanted to avoid.

You'd have to say he went out at the right time.

Tough for Tito, but winning the league is a great achievement considering the off the pitch battle he and Abidal have been through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    No I don't think we are even close to them haha. Even with reinforcements I think they'd still beat us, they just beat Barca 4-0 bloody hell we couldn't even beat Barca. I think they have this incredible pace and power and efficiency they could steamroller any team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need too much tbh. You have the defence, you have the strike force. Personally just need a controlling midfielder like a dembele for another option and a world class winger, maybe zaha could do the business but lets wait and see. Think you'd stand a good chance vs bayern considering your style of play.

(Original post by SciFiRory)
    Matic? heard good things about him and rumours a while back we were set to sign him...
    Put him under gundogan, think gundogan is better but matic would be second or 3rd on the list

(Original post by Tommyjw)
    Only listed players i've watched enough to comment on tbh. No idea what level Matic is currently at or could be at.
    I've watched matic. Should never have left chelsea he's the solution to our midfield and your midfield problems. He's similar to a moussa dembele/jack wilshere type player who will get past players in midfield with his power and dribbling ability and will find passes to generally keep the tempo going and control it in your favour. Would work well at united. Benfica are playing at a very good level this season and should be in the final if not win the europa league. I think that chelsea would have a hard time facing them personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    There's a reason why Pep left when he did. To avoid seeing this day.

I think he knew that the intensity he was pushing his side for could only be sustained for so long and eventually the team would fall down and might get back up after a while whereas in the first few years, they jumped up and got on with things. And all that might have meant friction with his players that as a sensitive chap Pep is, he wanted to avoid.

You'd have to say he went out at the right time.

Tough for Tito, but winning the league is a great achievement considering the off the pitch battle he and Abidal have been through.
    Nice to get the league back means we've been consistent but European cup would have been nice. Players got lazy i think and annoyed with how much work Pep put them through and your right supposedly there were a few clashes. I just think the whole style of play has been wrong.

Seems Tito is either catering to them being lazy and not pressing or saying screw what Guardiola told you to do we do things my way now to dissociate himself with Guardiola's Barcelona. However he made a real mistake not signing a defender.

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a midfield destroyer, we definitely missed out on Martinez like everyone else to be honest apart from Bayern, personally would absolutely rate Vidal > Toure > Modric for us, he's at a good age and would fit perfectly here. Anyone else see a Nani + 20 mil being accepted by Juve, though it would be sad for Nani to leave, Vidal would take us to a new level & for me should be our number one target.

DDG
    Rafael - Vida - Rio - Evra
    Zaha - Vidal - Carrick - Kagawa
    Rooney
    RVP:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be looking at Song personally. He won't start at Barca and he'll eventually want games. He's done it in the Premier League, and is well rounded midfielder who can play the creative role as well as a defensive one. About the right age as well to eventually replace Carrick in his role.

ReputationRep:
    Jones, Jones reproduces singularly,
    Splits his cells like an anemone.
    But so would you,
    if you had that face,
    Creating your own special, super race.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the best squad ever? Yes...

Forwards: Javier Hernández, Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie...Danny Welbeck

Defence: Rafael,Chris Smalling,Nemanja Vidić, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans...

Midfield: Ashley Young, Shinji Kagawa, Nani, Anderson, Valencia,Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick...

The best man united team ever? Why do people keep saying this? How can you say No? Beaten by a side in Europe who will lift the Champions League IMO Real Madrid (Mourinho) has Bayerns number; he beat them in the final with Inter-Milan.
    But how can you say Yes, beaten by Chelsea by giving up a 2-0 lead at home in the FA CUP.

Let this current team play another couple of seasons we will find out.

CHAMPIONS 2012/2013.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    If we're to sign a CM, I'd love to see someone like Eriksen. :daydreaming:
    Eriksen would be best in the no.10 position which Rooney/Kagawa have been fighting over. Not sure he's ever played in a midfield 2, and with the lessons of Anderson in mind i'd be amazed if we sign him to play alongside Carrick. I wonder if he'll end up at Dortmund to replace Gotze :holmes:

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    It'll never happen, but I'd love Yaya Toure to come our way. A big, strong, surging box to box midfielder would work fantastically with our current style of diagonal long balls.
    I agree with the type of player you say we need, that's not how Toure plays (doesn't have the legs) which doesn't matter because as you say he's not a possibility, but you're spot on in that we need some physicality...strength and pace though, which is why i've never been too excited about the Fellaini rumours.

(Original post by VQG)
    I'd be looking at Song personally. He won't start at Barca and he'll eventually want games. He's done it in the Premier League, and is well rounded midfielder who can play the creative role as well as a defensive one. About the right age as well to eventually replace Carrick in his role.
    I love this shout. If he's available for £15mil or so he'd be a fantastic option.

ReputationRep:
    10 match ban for Suarez, shame on the ****, Although 4 of those games are pointless for Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    I agree with the type of player you say we need, that's not how Toure plays (doesn't have the legs) which doesn't matter because as you say he's not a possibility, but you're spot on in that we need some physicality...strength and pace though, which is why i've never been too excited about the Fellaini rumours.

I love this shout. If he's available for £15mil or so he'd be a fantastic option.
    Wanyama comes to mind but he's still unproven. I know he had a great game against Barca, but he's been in the SPL.

I wouldn't have Song, don't think he's good enough for us and he's 27/28?. I would rather have Strootman or Lars Bender. Both young, would probably cost around the £15mil mark and they show a lot promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Wanyama comes to mind but he's still unproven. I know he had a great game against Barca, but he's been in the SPL.

I wouldn't have Song, don't think he's good enough for us and he's 27/28?. I would rather have Strootman or Lars Bender. Both young, would probably cost around the £15mil mark and they show a lot promise.
    hes 25.

ReputationRep:
    The trophy plans have been confirmed by the club this morning. The trophy will be presented, as expected, on Sunday May 12 following the game vs Swansea City at Old Trafford.

The following day a parade will take place. They're doing it early evening this time so it should attract more crowds. Last time City had their parade at tea time and United's was during the morning on a Monday which was odd. The last one started in town, came up Deansgate and around the ground then up into Stretford. This year it's starting at the ground and ending in town, the full route will be confirmed soon.

In other news, The Courteeners track "Not Nineteen Forever" has been announced as the official theme of this years title win. The band are donating proceeds from sales of the song this week are going to the Manchester United Foundation, the club's community charity. Good move, local lads and united fans, and they're a lot of reds favourite band at the moment. I'm not a huge fan but its a nice gesture, and I do like that song.

Edit: The full parade was televised free-to-air live on MUTV last time. I expect this will be the case again although that's not confirmed as of yet.

(Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    Possibly the best squad ever? Yes...
    Nowhere near, not even our best squad in the Premier League era. The United of 95-97, 98-01 and 06-09 were all stronger, in some cases by a long way. This could go on to be a classic side in 2-3 years time if it continues to grow and improve, but its not there yet.

(Original post by Louis.)
      Eriksen would be best in the no.10 position which Rooney/Kagawa have been fighting over. Not sure he's ever played in a midfield 2, and with the lessons of Anderson in mind i'd be amazed if we sign him to play alongside Carrick. I wonder if he'll end up at Dortmund to replace Gotze :holmes:
      True, he is a natural CAM, but I'm sure I've seen him in a CM role. It was definitely more of a daydream choice rather than anything practical mind

-----

The Suarez ban will surely cement RvP as the golden boot winner, which is excellent! Unless Gareth Bale goes on a mental spree..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      True, he is a natural CAM, but I'm sure I've seen him in a CM role. It was definitely more of a daydream choice rather than anything practical mind

-----

The Suarez ban will surely cement RvP as the golden boot winner, which is excellent! Unless Gareth Bale goes on a mental spree..
      I think the voting for the PFA awards have already been done, think it was all done before the Suarez bite on Ivanovic so none of these recent or future events will have any bearing on the winner.

Its stupid but thats how it is, if Suarez did win though there would be definite uproar after bitegate and then maybe they would change it so voting happens later

(Original post by Saf94)
        I think the voting for the PFA awards have already been done, think it was all done before the Suarez bite on Ivanovic so none of these recent or future events will have any bearing on the winner.

Its stupid but thats how it is, if Suarez did win though there would be definite uproar after bitegate and then maybe they would change it so voting happens later
        I was on about the Golden Boot (the player who has scored the most in the league).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.