Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Januzaj has been given #44 shirt number, likely pointing to him getting to play a bit in the coming games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    No I don't think we are even close to them haha. Even with reinforcements I think they'd still beat us, they just beat Barca 4-0 bloody hell we couldn't even beat Barca. I think they have this incredible pace and power and efficiency they could steamroller any team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well we are also efficient, arguably a tougher league and we are on track to break the points record, you never know....

(Original post by JayReg)
    Their wingers are much better....
    True point, although I feel we have the better strikers- Rooney and RVP > Gomez and Mandzukic imo.

ReputationRep:
    In todays news, United now have a social gaming partner. Quite why we need one of them I have no idea, but we already have official noodles and paint so why the hell not. The MU commercial side started this very clever philosophy a couple years back of breaking down the licensing by region to sell the sponsorship deals to a wider spectrum of brands around the world. It's a fantastic idea, benefits the club without hurting it for the fans, and gives us something to laugh about each time another ridiculous deal is announced!

Here's everything you need to know about Gloops, our social gaming partner: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ny-gloops.aspx

(Original post by Wilfred Little)

You are right though, that rule is weird.
    I find that strange because not all Premier League logos are incorporated into a solid shield or shape to begin with and do have free form bits around them, like a Spurs or Everton. If the star is a part of the master design of the crest the league can't say anything about it, it's only if it's an addition to the shirt.

In City's case the stars are an actual component of the logo and it appears the same way on the shirt as it does in all the stadium signage, website, merchandise, letterheads etc. That's not having stars above the badge that's having them in the badge, which is fine.

(Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    I did say possibly but basically meant that. There's a lot of potential.

Thanks for update on trophy parade, I might go down. For 19 I didn't go cause of the disappointment from the champions league.
    Yeah there's definitely potential there, it'll be interesting to see how well it turns out in a couple of years. A few players have played consistently well this year but other than a couple months around the middle of the season it's been painful to watch at times.

(Original post by diggy)
    I think he does well in midfield but he's most effective as a striker

And if he moves to midfield we only have 2 strikers, welbeck needs to score more than 1 goal until he can be classified as a striker hopefully he'll work on his shooting because he works so damn hard he's vital

Does anybody think we're missing park ? Our wingers have been poor, and whilst park wasn't spectacular he knew his role and he did it well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always found him more effective in midfield becuase his greatest strengths are his workrate and his excellent passing range. He's decent as a striker but we can get more out of him using him as part of the midfield engine that drives the team. Robin and Javier are both excellent at what they do, I've thought all season that should be the front two with Wayne behind.

We certainly haven't missed Park, at one time he did a decent job but the last couple of seasons before he left he was extremely ineffective. He somehow got labelled the "big game player" but only won 2 out of his last 12 "big" games or something daft like that.

(Original post by IanDangerously)
      In todays news, United now have a social gaming partner. Quite why we need one of them I have no idea, but we already have official noodles and paint so why the hell not. The MU commercial side started this very clever philosophy a couple years back of breaking down the licensing by region to sell the sponsorship deals to a wider spectrum of brands around the world. It's a fantastic idea, benefits the club without hurting it for the fans, and gives us something to laugh about each time another ridiculous deal is announced!

Here's everything you need to know about Gloops, our social gaming partner: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ny-gloops.aspx
      Meeeeeeh, money is money. Why we need a social gaming partner is a good question.

Why we need an official savoury snack partner, and as you say, an official noodle partner is probably more worthy of questioning!

ReputationRep:
      We certainly haven't missed Park, at one time he did a decent job but the last couple of seasons before he left he was extremely ineffective. He somehow got labelled the "big game player" but only won 2 out of his last 12 "big" games or something daft like that.
      Because he loved arsenal for some reason. Park was pretty **** personally the last season or two. He did well in the CL final vs barca but bar that he clearly wasn't up to it.

ReputationRep:
      hmm maybe park was ineffective my mate mentioned him so i thought there might be some truth in the comment. Apparently not

ReputationRep:
      Anyone else seen this? Nothing big but it's entertaining I suppose. (I don't know how to embed so there's just a link.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zuG96DX7a-g

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by qasidb)
      Anyone else seen this? Nothing big but it's entertaining I suppose. (I don't know how to embed so there's just a link.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zuG96DX7a-g
      [youtube]enter the code after &v= so in this case: zuG96DX7-a-g[/youtube]

and there you go

ReputationRep:
      I like that video, always nice to see the players in a non professional role. Always enjoyed Rio's tour diary, nice to see the banter between them.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but the following image has started circulating about today as the "new Manchester United logo".

Spoiler:
        Show

It's a very crisp, clinical looking design however as far as I know there are no plans to change the badge at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it originally came from the clubs graphic department as they're always looking at new concepts and ideas for the future, but United will continue using the 1997 badge for the forseeable future.
        I had a feeling that what I'm about to link to was the case, but yeah... I'm nipping in this bud.

ReputationRep:
        So, a few days ago Lewandowski's agent claimed that he'd already agreed a move to another club:

“We have reached an agreement with a club and intend [him] to move this summer,” Barthel told Sport Bild.
        And today, Bayern have come out and said they haven't agreed any deal with him

"The club released a statement saying that Bayern "has no contract with Robert Lewandowski"."
        Sooooo, Bayern havent signed him, but someone supposedly has, would it be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 if i thought that we might have signed him? Probably is but i can dream anyway

ReputationRep:
        Lewandowski is another awkward player. I don't think we need him atm with RVP we are pretty covered but he's probably going to have 2 more seasons before we will be looking towards a replacement, and Lewandowski would be a great replacement. Timing doesn't fall nicely. If he did come I would imagine saying either saying goodbye to Hernandez which I'd hate, or shunting Welbeck all over the shop, which considering he doesn't score but links up nicely might be a good option.

ReputationRep:
        Fact is Lewandowski would win us another league title next year but not do wonders in the CL because he will not improve us that much in the mean time as RVP is at his peak, Gundogen, Vidal, De Rossi & Modric could take us to another level and make us a real CL threat, there the players that should be top priority.

(Original post by doggyfizzel)
          Lewandowski is another awkward player. I don't think we need him atm with RVP we are pretty covered but he's probably going to have 2 more seasons before we will be looking towards a replacement, and Lewandowski would be a great replacement. Timing doesn't fall nicely. If he did come I would imagine saying either saying goodbye to Hernandez which I'd hate, or shunting Welbeck all over the shop, which considering he doesn't score but links up nicely might be a good option.
          I think SAF is unlikely to do this because Welbeck is good enough to be in the first team and deserves a spot. It'd be out of character for him to buy in someone for a massive fee rather than train up someone who is local/supports the club/has been part of the youth set-up all his life and shows great promise for the future. Obviously, the immediate counter-argument is "well, why did he buy RvP then?" but I'd say that's more of a special case.

I agree that it'd be shameful to get rid of Hernandez though

ReputationRep:
          I've just sold Hernandez to Barcelona (summer 2018) in FM.

I feel like I killed Bambi :sad:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
          I think SAF is unlikely to do this because Welbeck is good enough to be in the first team and deserves a spot.
          Atm, I would disagree. He showing he's got potential but he's certainly not performing at the level he needs to demand a spot in his chosen position in the first team. His work rate and link up play are good, but 1 goal in 26 appearances is not the return for a United striker. I don't necessarily see him getting dropped, but I could easily see him getting dumped out wide like has to accommodate RVP this season. Strikers live and die by goals, if you aren't scoring you are going to have to make space for those who are. His willingness to do that is one of the reason SAF will keep him around.

I see Hernandez is the 6th highest scorer for Mexico now. He surely going to be their highest ever, 30 goals since 09, needs 16 more to equal the current and he's only 24, plus he takes penalties. Mexico also play all the little teams in the CONCACAF.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by River85)

I know how you feel. Any other player it's easy for me to sell them off if i have someone to cover for them. When it comes to Hernandez, I find it so difficult to even consider selling him

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by River85)

(Original post by IanLim93)
          I know how you feel. Any other player it's easy for me to sell them off if i have someone to cover for them. When it comes to Hernandez, I find it so difficult to even consider selling him
          Exactly the reason I have 85 rated Hernandez on my bench in FIFA..... He can't get into the team after I bought the king (Ronny) back to OT, and with Rooney and El Sharaaway better than him (i sold RVP after his pace dipped below 73), but I can't bring myself to get rid of him, love the guy.

Although the same applies for Welbeck, Ferdinand, Giggs and Carrick....

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cheetahs56)
          Exactly the reason I have 85 rated Hernandez on my bench in FIFA..... He can't get into the team after I bought the king (Ronny) back to OT, and with Rooney and El Sharaaway better than him (i sold RVP after his pace dipped below 73), but I can't bring myself to get rid of him, love the guy.

I was once very heartless on FiFA and sold both Giggs and Scholes. They were still around and both my worst two midfielders. I got a reasonable offer IIRC and so they were out. Not too sure I could do it in reality. :moon:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cheetahs56)

In the old fifas the first thing i used to do was put Gibson up for sale

These days i find it difficult to sell anyone i once got a great offer for Nani so i sold him but i wished i hadnt a regretted it as soon as i did

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.