Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** is Bale gonna assist anyway? Defoe's been injured and isn't great anyway, Adebayor's basically a poor man's Welbeck these days, Dempsey's been terrible, Sigurdsson a bit better but still pretty average, Lennon's been good but he's not a goalscorer, any anyone else who plays in the final third isn't worth a mention.

Spurs have had some great performers this season, Lloris in goal, Verthongen CB, Dembele CM, but in terms of attackers they've been mediocre, Bale aside of course. If he was playing around RVP, Rooney etc his assist total would look a lot more healthy. And tbh he'd offer enough goals that his assists don't really matter. He'd be such a good fit here.

Can't see it happening though. A year or two at Spurs before a move to Spain is my guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    If he was playing around RVP, Rooney etc his assist total would look a lot more healthy. And tbh he'd offer enough goals that his assists don't really matter. He'd be such a good fit here.

Can't see it happening though. A year or two at Spurs before a move to Spain is my guess.
    Imagine Bale taking on defenders and crossing the ball in for Hernandez to get on the end of.

This transfer makes far too much sense to actually happen. Ferguson has already signed Zaha too so I don't know if this is out of the question or not now, you have enough wingers already.

Young
    Nani
    Valencia
    Zaha
    Welbeck arguably

If Valencia and Nani were used as bait plus cash maybe it would be possible.

ReputationRep:
    I think good ol' Dan Leivy will do his best to stop Gareth Bale coming to Man Utd, he'll put a 70m price tag on him for us and then end up selling him for 40m to Real Madrid

I don't think there's much chance of signing him even if we want him and he wants to come, the whole Modric saga showed how unwilling spurs are to sell their best players to rivals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Quite a positive sign Zaha got the Championship award. Can't say I've seen much of him nor anyone else in the Championship, but that's a pretty good indication he's playing beyond his level. Whether that will be good enough to come straight into our team or not, we'll have to see. Assuming he fixes our RW problem, I'd say all we need is a LW and a CM. A good LB would be nice, but I can't see that happening.

Bale would be my ideal LW signing, but I can't see it happening. It's possible he might leave, say if Spurs fail to come at least fourth, but I just can't see Spurs selling to us again, nor to anyone in England really. It's not like they have to sell anyway, he's still got 3 years left on his contract.

Very rare Porto sell anyone when it's not for mega bucks. Selling their star player for 15m isn't going to happen. If you want James, you're talking more in the region of 40m+.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

Video of United and Arsenal fans before yesterday's game. I'm in the background behind Peter Bolton when he's discussing Arsenal's lack of trophies. I'd actually just woken up from having a nap leaning against the A in that enormous ARSENAL sign!

ReputationRep:
    Buff stuff

ReputationRep:
    That must be the worlds worst dinner conversation, two guys one who speaks Japanese the other who speaks Spanish. Nice to see they hang out though.

ReputationRep:
    If you put your hand over his head, De Gea looks pretty hench there.

ReputationRep:
    Big David looking suave as usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Buff stuff

de gea's been going hard in the gym

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that I messed up in that KSI vid, saying we've won the Premier League 4 times (since 2005). It's actually five of course ... 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2013. Deary me.

Anyway here's another video from yesterday with the new song. Well when I say new, it was actually around after the 19th title win two years ago but never really caught on big time like it did there. Sort of like the Carrick song, which took about four years to catch on. Not sure why there's so many muppets stood there with cameras filming it, it's just a song and a bit of smoke ... have fun and enjoy the singalong without watching it on a tiny little screen FFS.

My mate got arrested for letting the smoke bomb off, didn't get home until this morning apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)

Video of United and Arsenal fans before yesterday's game. I'm in the background behind Peter Bolton when he's discussing Arsenal's lack of trophies. I'd actually just woken up from having a nap leaning against the A in that enormous ARSENAL sign!
    At 2:17?

ReputationRep:
    Voting began today for the Manchester United Player of the Year Awards 2012/13. The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday May 15 at 7pm and will be televised live on MUTV from 6pm. The event normally takes place on the Monday, one day after the final Premier League match is played; however this year we have to wait a couple more days. As always, the event is staged in the Manchester Suite in the North Stand, the largest suite at Old Trafford.

The trophies are:

*Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (Members' Player of the Year)
    Nominees: All squad members with 5+ competitive starts in 12/13

*Denzil Haroun Trophy (Reserve/U21 Player of the Year)
    Nominees: Tom Thorpe, Marnick Vermijl, Adnan Januzaj

*Jimmy Murphy Trophy (Academy/U18s Player of the Year)
    Nominees: TBC by Academy Coaches

*Goal of the Season
    Nominees: TBC on the Tuesday, May 7 edition of The Paddy Crerand Show

*Manchester United Players' Player of the Year

All members can cast a vote now at manutd.com/awards2013! Tell us who you've voted for (if you wish) and who your predictions are to win each one.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    At 2:17?
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    Yup!
    Always find it interesting to put a face to a name Did you meet KSI?

RVP vs Villa for goal of the season, RVP or carrick for player of the season, fairly sure with them, can't really see what else they could be... don't really know for the others, don't know enough about the reserves/youth :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Voting began today for the Manchester United Player of the Year Awards 2012/13. The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday May 15 at 7pm and will be televised live on MUTV from 6pm. The event normally takes place on the Monday, one day after the final Premier League match is played; however this year we have to wait a couple more days. As always, the event is staged in the Manchester Suite in the North Stand, the largest suite at Old Trafford.

The trophies are:

*Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (Members' Player of the Year)
    Nominees: All squad members with 5+ competitive starts in 12/13

*Denzil Haroun Trophy (Reserve/U21 Player of the Year)
    Nominees: Tom Thorpe, Marnick Vermijl, Adnan Januzaj

*Jimmy Murphy Trophy (Academy/U18s Player of the Year)
    Nominees: TBC by Academy Coaches

*Goal of the Season
    Nominees: TBC on the Tuesday, May 7 edition of The Paddy Crerand Show

*Manchester United Players' Player of the Year

All members can cast a vote now at manutd.com/awards2013! Tell us who you've voted for (if you wish) and who your predictions are to win each one.

Yup!
    The only one I'm most confident about is the goal of the season - RVP's 2nd goal vs Aston Villa hands down.

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie's second against Villa will have to be goal of the season. I also think Rafael vs QPR was great, and Van Persie (with the Giggs assist) vs West Ham in the FA Cup is another favourite of mine.

With Robin taking the goal of the season, my vote for player of the season will go to Carrick.

ReputationRep:

This guy has been class this season, the passion he shows is incredible, what a find!

ReputationRep:
    What's your Manchester XI for the season?

For me: De Gea, Rafael, Rio ( could be Vidic but I think Rio played more), Evans, Nani, Evra, Carrick, Jones( not his best position but he's been great), Rooney, Welbeck( Kagawa better as an CAM), RVP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    What's your Manchester XI for the season?

For me: De Gea, Rafael, Rio ( could be Vidic but I think Rio played more), Evans, Nani, Evra, Carrick, Jones( not his best position but he's been great), Rooney, Welbeck( Kagawa better as an CAM), RVP
    De Gea
    Rafael - Vidic - Rio - Evans - Evra
    Rooney - Carrick - Kagawa
    Hernandez - Van Persie

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    De Gea
    Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra
    Carrick, Cleverley
    Welbeck, Rooney, Kagawa
    RVP

Wasn't sure about Rio's partner, don't think anyone else has been excellent but towards the end of the season Jones has shown he'll be world class in a few years (including some excellent performances at CB), so I wanted to recognise that. Vidic/Evans probably more deserving based purely on CB performances so I can't disagree with anyone who says they should be there though.

Rest of the back 5 picks itself. Carrick in there of course, and Cleverley's been the best of the other CMs, been a bit harshly treated in recent weeks I think. Genuine wingers have all been poor but Welbeck and Kagawa have both had good seasons and both have at times impressed out wide, and Rooney and RVP just have to be in.

On a side note, one of the biggest disappointments of the season...Chris Smalling? Really wanted him to kick on because he has looked so good so far in his career at us, don't think he has been the same this year and Jones has gone past him in the pecking order. Still think he'll have an excellent future at us, I remember he had an injury early on and never really had a chance to start his season, so hopefully this is just a blip. I imagine it will be, he has too much to his game for it not to be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.