Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    But we got to the Champions league final and lost to, at the time, the greatest club team ever.
    Unless if you're also talking about the group stage exit later that year.
    It's certainly not United's worst year in Europe. Finishing dead last in a very easy group in 2006 was worse. The FL record points setting, double winning team of 93/94 failing to even make it into the group stage was worse. Whimpering out of the tournament to Gothenburg the year after, also worse.

Ferguson's always been a bit tactically naive in Europe, even though we've won it twice and we should all be delighted about that, when you look at the squads United have had since 93 we should be up there with Milan, Real Madrid etc. United normally do the group stage fine, but then when it comes to knockout ties its very hit and miss. Fergie's domestic record is unbelievable and unmatchable by anybody, but in Europe he's often been found out big time.

ReputationRep:
    Valencia OFF
    Kagawa ON

I want to see this for the start of the 2nd half.

ReputationRep:
    Boring game, long may it continue.

ReputationRep:
    Valencia OFF
    Kagawa ON

I want to see this for the start of the 2nd half.
    That wouldn't make sense. Who would go on the right?

Valencia will stay on and be awful for yet another 90 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    That wouldn't make sense. Who would go on the right?

Valencia will stay on and be awful for yet another 90 minutes
    Meh, just put Kagawa on the right then. Who cares that it's not where he usually plays. He'll be better than Valencia. Just replace Valenica with someone. I don't care who just put someone else there. Even de Gea. He's tall, he looks fast to me, he's got great distribution so his crosses might actually land on the pitch instead of in China. He could probably do a better job than him .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    It's certainly not United's worst year in Europe. Finishing dead last in a very easy group in 2006 was worse. The FL record points setting, double winning team of 93/94 failing to even make it into the group stage was worse. Whimpering out of the tournament to Gothenburg the year after, also worse.
    And those seasons were followed up with whimpering out to the European giants of Rotor Volograd in the first round of the UEFA Cup (1995 - 1996). That round only notable for Schmeichel's goal in the second leg.

Personally I think 05-06 "tops" 11-12, although at least that team has won the double (or would win the double), unlike 94-95 and 95-96.

ReputationRep:
    Tackle from behind not given = Chelsea goal.

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times

ReputationRep:
    I think this kind of a game is the worst case scenario for Chelsea. Lots of expenditure but only 1 point. They need to get 3 point from one of the games.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, just put Kagawa on the right then. Who cares that it's not where he usually plays. He'll be better than Valencia. Just replace Valenica with someone. I don't care who just put someone else there. Even de Gea. He's tall, he looks fast to me, he's got great distribution so his crosses might actually land on the pitch instead of in China. He could probably do a better job than him .
    The part of de gea made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times
    To be fair Ramires actually got some of the ball so it wasn't a foul on Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Ramires actually got some of the ball so it wasn't a foul on Rooney.
    Coming through a player to get the ball, doesn't matter if he got the ball or not.

ReputationRep:

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times
    United fans seem to have a very short term memory.

Just to remind you in October.

Offside goal = won you the match.

ReputationRep:
    But we got to the Champions league final and lost to, at the time, the greatest club team ever.
    Unless if you're also talking about the group stage exit later that year.
    Don't remember the group stages but I remember the finals I believe we lost because of ronaldos greed but as somebody else said I don't think we've properly established ourselves in Europe compared to bayern barca

I think it's mostly because we don't attack enough we just absorb the opponents attacks but this year we went for it against Madrid and it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree that there was a slight deflection from Phil Jones for the goal but not enough to call it an own goal but it's been given as just that. I feel sorry for Jones. How many own goals has he got to his name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    United fans seem to have a very short term memory.

Just to remind you in October.

Offside goal = won you the match.
    Just to remind you

October games = irrelevant to the point

ReputationRep:
    Cleverley and Anderson. Wow.

And Luiz, the prick

ReputationRep:
    Just to remind you

Well it was a vital game, we could've gone 7 points clear you never know what could've happened.

And it wasn't a dive by Luiz, he clearly kicked him.

ReputationRep:
    Just to remind you

Just to remind you that the ref was right on all occasions this game.
    Aggressive intent = violent conduct which is a red card.
    Ramires clearly got the ball and barely touched Rooney let alone go through his legs. You pitiful loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    And it wasn't a dive by Luiz, he clearly kicked him.
    Contact wouldn't have even made Luis go over, let alone roll around holding his leg.. and laugh about it.

(Original post by cleveradam)
    Just to remind you that the ref was right on all occasions this game.
    Like the offside decision, indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Phil Jones has now scored 3 goals against Manchester United and 2 for them in his 52 games. Oops.

Ref got the sending off correct, result of the game means nothing other than meaning we can't set a club record now. I'm already looking forward to pre-season and the summer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.