Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    So you mean like current ability like Wilshere's motm vs Brazil 2 months back or turning out extremely solid, with a few standout, performances this season?
    Nah i mean like Carricks player of the season nomination and performances as the best CM this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Just type in ronaldo scholes story on google

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't make it true. I love Scholes and Ronaldo but that story is quite simply b******s.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Wilshere is clearly better than Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Cool story bro, and I guess Suarez is clearly better than RVP as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Also this by Ronaldo:moon:

"When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once i was showing my skills to Scholes. After i finished it, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I'm going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn't hit it, with that Accuracy. He smiled and left."

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Just type in ronaldo scholes story on google

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mentioned in this interview.

Just because someone puts a fancy quote on a picture and posts it on Facebook etc doesn't make it true.

ReputationRep:
    I think Wilshere is quite clearly a more talented player than Carrick, but on performances this season I don't think there is much in it. Carrick best games tend to be the ones where you barely notice he's playing he's just constantly cutting out passing and recycling possession. That's one of the reason he's overlooked for England, in favour of players like Scott Parker. Carrick quite frankly should have be involved in pretty much every England match for the last few years, and every tournament we complain we don't have a player like him. Some of the best England midfield performances have come with Carrick and then two others. Seem to be remember Carrick, Lamps and Gerrard having a great game a while back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I think Wilshere is quite clearly a more talented player than Carrick, but on performances this season I don't think there is much in it. Carrick best games tend to be the ones where you barely notice he's playing he's just constantly cutting out passing and recycling possession. That's one of the reason he's overlooked for England, in favour of players like Scott Parker. Carrick quite frankly should have be involved in pretty much every England match for the last few years, and every tournament we complain we don't have a player like him. Some of the best England midfield performances have come with Carrick and then two others. Seem to be remember Carrick, Lamps and Gerrard having a great game a while back.
    Vs Ecuador in the World Cup 06 I think, Carrick got MOTM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    F-Ando is apparently set to leave this summer in order to get regular first team football. Once again the only position we need players is midfield - we have Zaha coming in for the wing.

I wouldn't be dismayed to see Valencia pack his bags. His dip in form is almost as bad as Torres'.
    Ando's time is up sadly. He played yesterday but didn't influence the game as he should have done considering he is playing for his future. But on the other hand, it's tough when you've not been playing and you get thrust into a game when nothing's on the line as a team.

Where was Nani? Don't think he was on the bench, could be another for the exit door.

Valencia himself acknowledges he's done poop this year, but next season a big one for him in light of a new contract possibly. If he has the same season and Zaha does well then Valencia could be off.

I'd like to see more of Powell next year, not seen much in the league/cup competitions so want to see what he is about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Cool story bro, and I guess Suarez is clearly better than RVP as well?
    Cheers bro, and of course bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Cheers bro, and of course bro.
    pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Different players, but both are pivotal. Its like comparing Busquets to Iniesta (obviously a weaker version). Difference is Carrick has been outstanding in his role, whereas Wilishire has been injured and inconsistent this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I still don't get how fergie managed to do the 'english barcelona' thing back in the 90's. Bayern are doing a similar thing at the moment, maybe this decade is bayerns, last decade was barca, decade before was united in this respect.

Agree with first.
    Don't agree with second unless you think kagawa>rooney
    number 13 is what I like to be the sub keeper number or 25(yes I got this from spanish football)
    Why did Valencia even get no.7 in the first place?

Well I think Rooney is slipping, not as good as he used to be.

Kagawa is still young and has potential to develop. Rooney is almost a CAM now like Kagawa so I think they are comparable. If Kagawa gains the experience Rooney has at United, I reckon he could potentially be better.

ReputationRep:
    De Gea is making good gains, very important for us and his career good to see him getting recognition he deserves.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdajoka)
    Well that implies that what you wrote:

"When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once i was showing my skills to Scholes. After i finished it, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I'm going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn't hit it, with that Accuracy. He smiled and left."

is false.

Unless you have some proof otherwise.
    Yeah I reckon it's false as well. That's quite arrogant and doesn't sound like something Scholes would do at all.

And those De Gea pics are impressive, first one must be 2010/11 ish?

All he has to do now is cut his hair, shave his facial fluff off and I reckon I'd bum him :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    De Gea is making good gains, very important for us and his career good to see him getting recognition he deserves.

Damn, his fingers are so long. But those fingers saved us from going a goal down in Madrid in the first 5 minutes. Otherwise the tie would have been finished there instead of here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)

Making all kinds of gainzzzz.

His fingers in that first picture look weird, looks like ET. But in the second, building that chest nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United U21 1 - 1 Liverpool U21 FT
    Shelvey 7, Vermijl 81.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Manchester United U21 1 - 1 Liverpool U21 FT
    Shelvey 7, Vermijl 81.
    Borefest like most of their games, last years reserves played so much more adventurously.

U18 level guys, Januzaj included given he is technically at that level even though he has made the step up, look much more exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Making all kinds of gainzzzz.

His fingers in that first picture look weird, looks like ET. But in the second, building that chest nicely.
    Think that's just reflection from the cup. He is looking a lot more commanding this season still a few mistakes but he's getting there, I do hate how much other teams target him though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.