Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    tbh I doubt that Klopp would want to be an assistant manager
    No, I said Klopp, or Solskjaer in as number 2. Meaning Solskjaer in as number 2. Hence why I said: Solskjaer in as number 2.

Worded badly though I must admit.

Klopp's got a good thing going on at Dortmund but if he's going to lose all his star players to Bayern I don't know if there's much he can do there after this season.

ReputationRep:
    Solskjaer, as promising as he might be and a fans' favourite, is not in any position to be replacing SAF yet. He needs a job in England to really test himself.

Moyes seems to be the strong favourite atm but again, he's done an outstanding job at Everton but I'm abit weary with him taking over as it's in Europe where he could be found out.

ReputationRep:
    The rumours right now are just that, rumours. At the beginning of the season I heard that the club were preparing for Fergie's departure this summer as a result of the health scare he suffered last summer. He was taken into hospital for an alleged nose bleed in May 2012 but apparently there was more to it that didn't come out. I was tweeting until about November time that he was definitely off this summer ... but then all the signs since then have kind of suggested to me that he's staying and I started thinking he'll stay for another season.

At the moment I'm not sure what to think, if he does retire then it'd be what I expected to begin with but I'd still be surprised and if he doesn't then I'm kinda expecting that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    No, I said Klopp, or Solskjaer in as number 2. Meaning Solskjaer in as number 2. Hence why I said: Solskjaer in as number 2.

Klopp's got a good thing going on at Dortmund but if he's going to lose all his star players to Bayern I don't know if there's much he can do there after this season.
    Don't know where Klopp's loyalties lie, but if he wins the Champions League this year, the offer would look extremely attractive to him, if there was an offer, of course, or even a retirement. The huge announcement could just be that Bebe is returning earlier than expected from his loan spell, right? Right?!

ReputationRep:
    Jose is most likely leaving Real this season, talking about SAF retiring, surely one name has got to be the front runner. The biggest issue was always going to be one of timing.

I'd love Ole but I think it may be too soon for him. Although he seem tactical enough, he's never managed in a big league or even a medium league.

ReputationRep:

Oh

Yeah klopp would be a good choice but he cant do much with bayern munich there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Solskjaer, as promising as he might be and a fans' favourite, is not in any position to be replacing SAF yet. He needs a job in England to really test himself.

Moyes seems to be the strong favourite atm but again, he's done an outstanding job at Everton but I'm abit weary with him taking over as it's in Europe where he could be found out.
    Let's be honest, there is no perfect candidate for this job, replacing Ferguson is a mammoth task and I feel sorry for whoever tries. Mourinho has no sustainability. Moyes hasn't managed at the top level in Europe. Ole has no top level experience, Klopp has a crap haircut...

Etc.

I think as long as it isn't Mourinho, you lot will be OK. Mourinho is an impact manager and you'll be in a mess once he leaves you for PSG after 2 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rooney-1874722

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as it isn't Mourinho, you lot will be OK. Mourinho is an impact manager and you'll be in a mess once he leaves you for PSG after 2 seasons.
    No reason for him to do it though. Jose is all about his own ego, eclipsing SAF at his own game has got to be on his to do list, and that would require more than 1-2 seasons. The biggest question mark over Jose is whether he can build successive teams.

ReputationRep:
    Ferguson is now going to win the world cup with Scotland, sorry guys.

I actually would have preferred it if Pep went to Man United instead of Bayern.. oh well.

If I was to place a bet, it would be on Moyes. I can't see United wanting someone like Mourinho who really will not stay for long...

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, there is no perfect candidate for this job, replacing Ferguson is a mammoth task and I feel sorry for whoever tries. Mourinho has no sustainability. Moyes hasn't managed at the top level in Europe. Ole has no top level experience, Klopp has a crap haircut...

Etc.

Whoever comes in, whether it be Moyes, Klopp or Mourinho, then they will have the pressure on them immediately. There is no hiding place but out of all of those, it depends who would be able to handle it.

If Pep hadn't agreed his Bayern deal and on a sabbatical, then he would be the sure favourite.

The Times reporting United are preparing a statement to end the uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    The rumours right now are just that, rumours. At the beginning of the season I heard that the club were preparing for Fergie's departure this summer as a result of the health scare he suffered last summer. He was taken into hospital for an alleged nose bleed in May 2012 but apparently there was more to it that didn't come out. I was tweeting until about November time that he was definitely off this summer ... but then all the signs since then have kind of suggested to me that he's staying and I started thinking he'll stay for another season.
    To be honest this season has a last hurrah feel about it for you lot and I've thought this for a while.

- That reaction after Nani's red card was a blatant sign, when has Fergie ever cheer-led the fans like that? He looked very emotional and not in an angry way, the great man stood there at 71 begging the fans to make noise. Never happened before
    - Refusing to do a post-match interviews, Phelan: "He's devastated"
    - Chief exec. Gill leaving
    - North Stand being re-named
    - The statue
    - Getting the title back off City and going out on a high
    - The club have organised an open top bus parade for the title, when was your last one? This is the first for years. Now you know why

Would not surprise me one bit.

ReputationRep:
    Things are definately going to feel different when he does leave. He has managed the club for longer than many players have been alive.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the greatest manager who has ever lived. True legend. 25 years, 1 coat, 1 piece of chewing gum

Then again...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...medium=twitter

ReputationRep:
    I see the downsides of Mourinho but rather have him than Moyes.

I would love Ole as a #2. Personally wouldn't like to see Mourinho at the club. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      I just remembered, the bookies slashed odds on Moyes to be the next United manager two days ago (?) I think.

Now 4/6 with Sky Bet - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...manent-manager

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...131155065.html

I know Paddy Power is run by knobheads but still, "A flood of overnight bets" :eek:

ReputationRep:
      To be honest this season has a last hurrah feel about it for you lot and I've thought this for a while.

- That reaction after Nani's red card was a blatant sign, when has Fergie ever cheer-led the fans like that? He looked very emotional and not in an angry way, the great man stood there at 71 begging the fans to make noise. Never happened before
      - The statue
      - The club have organised an open top bus parade for the title, when was your last one? This is the first for years. Now you know why

I wouldn't be that surprised but I would assume after we sealed up the title he would have come out and said it... So that the fans could give him a proper send off in the last few games rather than him disappearing after the season has ended.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by doggyfizzel)
      No reason for him to do it though. Jose is all about his own ego, eclipsing SAF at his own game has got to be on his to do list, and that would require more than 1-2 seasons. The biggest question mark over Jose is whether he can build successive teams.
      2 seasons was just me exaggerating for dramatic effect, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he'd be gone within say, 5 years. Especially if he won a couple of European Cups in that time, equaling Liverpool's tally. And he's always said he wants to manage Portugal too.

I do genuinely think United would be worse off if they hired him though. Plus side is the instant success which would come would give the fans time to wean themselves off Fergie.

(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      I would love Ole as a #2. Personally wouldn't like to see Mourinho at the club. :holmes:
      Neither would Bobby Charlton - http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ates-too-much-

ReputationRep:

- The statue

We had a trophy parade in 2011... I agree with the rest of your points though

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MalcolmTucker)
      We had a trophy parade in 2011... I agree with the rest of your points though
      Right ignore that then

Seems odd he's having the hip op 2 weeks before next season's first game as well, the recovery time is 3-6 months.

If it's the fat Scouser then this is fantastic news for you United fans.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.