Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Mate.

Tevez can do his role better. Oh and he still hasn't left a Fergie tribute on his Twitter, he is a total prick.

Keep fooling yourself.
    Ha, ha, ha. Na man this guy is probably the same problems as rooney just slightly fitter. Although I agree with what you say about him but don't compare him to tevez who's probably an even bigger prick than rooney in the way he left united, bleeds city then basically undermines the club due to his lack of loyalty and then has the indecency to put up R.I.P. Fergie in his parade. He's a grade A prick.

Plus for all we know it might not be Rooney wanting to leave anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Doesn't he already earn £250k at United?
    Yep but when he got that contract he was the 3rd best player in the world, now he's not in the top 10 so he doesn't deserve that type of cash anymore, so if he wants that much again he should leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Ha, ha, ha. Na man this guy is probably the same problems as rooney just slightly fitter. Although I agree with what you say about him but don't compare him to tevez who's probably an even bigger prick than rooney in the way he left united, bleeds city then basically undermines the club due to his lack of loyalty and then has the indecency to put up R.I.P. Fergie in his parade. He's a grade A prick.

Plus for all we know it might not be Rooney wanting to leave anyway.
    Tevez the footballer is superior to Rooney the footballer, that's all I'm saying about people making excuses for Rooney about how he's the best in his role etc, he isn't. It's just hype cos he's English.

However they'd give each other a run for their money in the ******** stakes, you are right.

ReputationRep:
    Would you take guardiola, who arguably is worse than moyes in this respect in the way he rose to become the barca manager?
    Personally I hope people don't start hating moyes. Hopefully he can get a few wins and the players and fans will respect him but unless he brings success instantly it's going to be hard for the club to support him.
    I'd take Guardiola, but he isn't as proved as I'd like ideally either. He did inherit an insanely talented squad and he did make mistakes, but he proved he has ability. I really can't see Moyes going toe to toe with the best tactical managers in the world and leading us to our fourth European cup, I could certainly see Guardiola doing that though.

(Original post by rickjames)
    Mourinho rightly got his big shot after Porto, but its fair to say Moyes deserves his shot too, at a big club. I see no reason why Moyes isn't a prime candidate for us ahead of Mourinho. I'd much rather sacrifice the short term for a teething period for moyes in favour of guarunteed long term stability and preserving the youth.
    What Mourinho did at Porto and what Moyes has done at Everton aren't even comparable. Moyes guarantees stability in the sense that he won't run off in a few years but he doesn't guarantee success, and he guarantees absolutely nothing in Europe, and that's the trophy we all want most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I'd take Guardiola, but he isn't as proved as I'd like ideally either. He did inherit an insanely talented squad and he did make mistakes, but he proved he has ability. I really can't see Moyes going toe to toe with the best tactical managers in the world and leading us to our fourth European cup, I could certainly see Guardiola doing that though.

Do you not think Utd should have a British manager? A foreigner just wouldnt seem right imo.

Plus Mourinho would just bring a circus to town with him and as usual come in, spend a shed load of cash and then **** off when he gets bored. Complete opposite to Fergie.

ReputationRep:
    Again it's all a very idilic image of a long serving, loyal to the end manager that bleeds United, but it's rare in modern football to find something like that. If Mourinho comes and wins us a few important trophies then wants to go in a few years then we're in the same position we are now but we have more trophies and that's what the point in all this is. If that happens then we look for a new manager as we have had to now.
    I really do appreciate this school of thought, and it would be incredibly ideal if did this happen and someone else suitable became available after Mourinho. But there's no guarantee that Mourinho will succeed and no guarantee that there will be a suitable replacement for him either. And in three years time, we may not be in this position, where the average age of our squad is usually around the 23/24 year mark. I think Moyes will turn out to be the right call in this situation, he is someone I can get behind and I do believe he can do a fine job for us.

ReputationRep:
    Well anyways,

Manchester United insist Wayne Rooney will not be sold after it emerges he asked to leave Old Trafford for second time in three years #mufc
    @BBCSport 14 minutes ago

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, in light of today's emotional events, I don't care if Rooney stays or goes. If he wants to go which seems to be the case then let him go. No-one is bigger than the club and I'm sick of his transfer requests. It seems evident he feels his nose has been put out of joint and I'm not in the mood to listen to his whinges atm after today's events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Well anyways,

Manchester United insist Wayne Rooney will not be sold after it emerges he asked to leave Old Trafford for second time in three years #mufc
    @BBCSport 14 minutes ago
    Sums Rooney up and proves how much of an odious prick he is.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, rooney has destroyed any integrity that he had. I could handle wanting to leave once(look at gerrard e.g.) but what he did today was classless if this is true that he asked to leave. Such a ****. Tbf he's a bald headed scouser, they're all thickheads anyway I ****ing live in the city of some of these ****ing idiots who thinks rafa benitez is going to take the everton job. :sigh:
    Sums Rooney up and proves how much of an odious prick he is.
    I take back what I said, think rooney is probably at the same level of prick as tevez. Although to beat him he needs to take a 5 month golfing trip, I rate tevez for doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Do you not think Utd should have a British manager? A foreigner just wouldnt seem right imo.

Plus Mourinho would just bring a circus to town with him and as usual come in, spend a shed load of cash and then **** off when he gets bored. Complete opposite to Fergie.
    Nope, don't really care what the nationality the manager is. The man I dream of being United manager one day is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. As I've said I think looking for another Fergie is a pointless exercise as we won't find one.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney's a scouse ****ing ******* and he can get ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting with Rooney, not sure exactly what his plans are, I mean how many clubs would like to buy our nearly 28 year old AM with known fitness issues and a 250k p/w salary? Rumours of chelsea but playing where? With the 3 amigos? I'm not really that bothered, something tells me we have already has Rooney's best years, can't see him really stepping up before he's 30 and I can't see him having a long playing career, one of the reasons he never hit the heights expected is regardless of talent he's not an athlete. We already have Kagawa who can play the AM role so its not like we don't have anyone who can fill in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Interesting with Rooney, not sure exactly what his plans are, I mean how many clubs would like to buy our nearly 28 year old AM with known fitness issues and a 250k p/w salary? Rumours of chelsea but playing where? With the 3 amigos? I'm not really that bothered, something tells me we have already has Rooney's best years, can't see him really stepping up before he's 30 and I can't see him having a long playing career, one of the reasons he never hit the heights expected is regardless of talent he's not an athlete. We already have Kagawa who can play the AM role so its not like we don't have anyone who can fill in there.
    Part exchange for Ronaldo?

The Ronaldo rumors were getting pretty strong but I assume with Fergie not there that will probably be dead in the water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    PSG?

ReputationRep:
    I take back what I said, think rooney is probably at the same level of prick as tevez. Although to beat him he needs to take a 5 month golfing trip, I rate tevez for doing that.
    Wait don't forget his ungrateful reaction to the Everton fans, or announcing publicly that he thinks his own team mates are crap :cool: And who could forget slating the England fans on live TV.

He's done as a top player, whoever he joins (if he leaves) need to realise his lifestyle has caught up with him and he has the fitness of a 35 year old . The only reason he's won so much is because of his team mates like Ronaldo, van der Sar, Vidic, Rio helping him over the line with the exception of one or two good seasons. In 2008 and 2009 he did nothing in the Champions League, he played a nice cross in the '08 final and that was it. Whoopy do, he scored a goal vs Barca in his 4th time of trying in 2011 . His goal stats are good, but a striker at United will score as they create a lot of chances. He's declining fast, look at his performances past 60 minutes now, look at how many times he's been taken off this season. Didn't even start vs Madrid.

If he joins Bayern he won't be a success, mark my words. Bayern play a fast, passing game, you think Rooney can fit into this?

Man. Utd should accept anything over £30m.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, don't really care what the nationality the manager is. The man I dream of being United manager one day is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. As I've said I think looking for another Fergie is a pointless exercise as we won't find one.
    Ole Gunnar would be special alright, but to all intents and purposes he's anglified to such an extent that he is no longer foreign, Sounds like a Manc to me when I hear him(seems to happen to alot of Norther European expats, my mother is born and bred Amsterdam but sounds like Barbara Windsor after living in England for 40 years, lol). Have doubts that Ole has the mean streak in him needed to manager Utd, seems too nice to succeed imo.

Seeing Guardiola giving interviews in broken English would be tough for most Utd fans I think after 26 years of Fergie's traditional way of coaching. Not many foreign managers can truly endear themselves to the fans like an English/Scot/Irish can(only Wenger has really done that) and I think Utd keep a lot of their soul by appointing Moyes. A link to tradition and someone who will instinctively understand the fans. So for me Moyes was a good shout.

There is something very reassuring about Scottish managers to me that makes me instantly trust and support them. Probably the accent, if I was on a flight in free fall and Sean Connery came on the speaker as pilot reassuring passengers that he was looking into it I'd probably relax

ReputationRep:
    Cannot believe how overrated Rooney is. He can easily be replaced. His overweight, sluggish, slows the game down. His touch is also appalling. He is no longer as creative as he once was. I'd take £25m or near enough. Pretty similar scenario to David Beckham.

If I try to recall his best game this season, my mind goes to the 2-3 victory at City and I'm pretty sure that's because he got a brace, his performance aside from that wasn't particularly outstanding.

He'll be 28 in October, his best days are behind him. Either we cash in now, or we never will.

ReputationRep:
    Wait don't forget his ungrateful reaction to the Everton fans, or announcing publicly that he thinks his own team mates are crap :cool: And who could forget slating the England fans on live TV.

He's done as a top player, whoever he joins (if he leaves) need to realise his lifestyle has caught up with him and he has the fitness of a 35 year old . The only reason he's won so much is because of his team mates like Ronaldo, van der Sar, Vidic, Rio helping him over the line with the exception of one or two good seasons. In 2008 and 2009 he did nothing in the Champions League, he played a nice cross in the '08 final and that was it. Whoopy do, he scored a goal vs Barca in his 4th time of trying in 2011 . His goal stats are good, but a striker at United will score as they create a lot of chances. He's declining fast, look at his performances past 60 minutes now, look at how many times he's been taken off this season. Didn't even start vs Madrid.

If he joins Bayern he won't be a success, mark my words. Bayern play a fast, passing game, you think Rooney can fit into this?

Man. Utd should accept anything over £30m.
    Thinking that way he's not that great. If he can be bought for 30m that's fine personally. I don't think it's a decline. I think he's been like this since the world cup. He does well at united but if kagawa can step up then there's not much need for rooney but I still think he should stay at united in terms of his talent.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of hate for Rooney. Could be worse, imagine if he'd been injured his entire career and owed everything to Utd before forcing his way to City as captain after his first full season for a huge pay rise...

Interesting how RVP is a seen as a classy, trustworthy guy because he did it to someone else but Rooney is now scum for allegedly preparing to do less to Utd. But that's all football fans I guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.