Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have lost then go to a replay, who the **** cares about the FA cup? My mates with season tickets are annoyed too, all gonna get charged £35 now for this **** tier competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I'd rather have lost then go to a replay, who the **** cares about the FA cup? My mates with season tickets are annoyed too, all gonna get charged £35 now for this **** tier competition
    I think the FA cup carries a fair amount of prestige and the fact that we're playing Madrid in the CL means its nice to have another trophy on the cards if that goes tits up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    I think the FA cup carries a fair amount of prestige and the fact that we're playing Madrid in the CL means its nice to have another trophy on the cards if that goes tits up.
    I fancy us v Madrid, got me a ticket for the home leg too, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Noiiice. I don't know how I feel about our chances, its hard to really think of many of our players who I can rely on to be on form apart from Van Persie.

ReputationRep:
    Close up of that touch and goal.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the possibility of a 'treble' I really have come to not care about the FA cap, sad but... I'm being honest.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out Coleen Rooneys 14 year old sister died today, terrible news.

ReputationRep:
    Delightful finish from van Persie and a naughty touch. But once again it's that same problem about defending, to allow that egg head Collins to get two headers was crazy.

Liverpool next. Always one that gets the blood pumping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    how have you managed that? I registered an interest on the united website a week or so back havent heard anything live too far away to consider buying a membership and being a student doesnt help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    how have you managed that? I registered an interest on the united website a week or so back havent heard anything live too far away to consider buying a membership and being a student doesnt help.
    Friend has a season ticket and is letting me have his ticket as he is away for the match

ReputationRep:

Sorry Pep and Jose I don't see Fergie retiring soon

(Original post by a_t)
      Lucky basterd!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a_t)
      Friend has a season ticket and is letting me have his ticket as he is away for the match
      i'm so jealous hopefully they get back to me soon!

ReputationRep:
      RVP! :adore: I think the best thing about him is his two-footedness. As the goalscoring site I posted a few weeks ago showed, he scores nearly as many with his weaker foot as with his stronger foot, unlike a lot of strikers. Makes him very hard to stop. That stunner against Wigan was with his weaker foot and so was today's equaliser.

Genuinely thought we were going to lose today after we went behind. Missed Carrick's protection and when Rooney isn't in the team and Hernandez has to come off I aways feel less confident when things are going wrong.

I know the FA Cup doesn't have the attraction it used to have, but it'd be nice to win it again, being apathetic to it certainly isn't the right attitude after we finished last season with nothing. It's been nearly 10 years since we last won it. Granted we're bound to mess it up with a crap team selection, like we so nearly did today, even if we get past West Ham. Kagawa was awful in the second half, understandable given it was his third game back and he is still adapting to the pace/physicality - it will take time. As I said a few days ago, it's very important for Rafael to start at RB considering our wingers are misfiring, he gives us a lot attacking wise. The little he did in the final few minutes was better than Smalling had done all game.

ReputationRep:
      RVP is doing so well for us. I'm worried were becoming slightly reliant on him.

If only we could snatch Ronaldo back...:moon:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Akkuz)
      RVP is doing so well for us. I'm worried were becoming slightly reliant on him.

If only we could snatch Ronaldo back...:moon:
      So true...it's kind of getting scary.

ReputationRep:
      Correct. How far will we have gotten in the season without him?

I fear he will get injured soon, and there goes our title.

ReputationRep:
      A lot of people might say that but if you look at whoscored they show not only how many goals are scored by a player but their contribution of a team total. RVP is on 30%. Its less than Ba or Suarez for example and only a bit more than the likes of Defore, Bale and Walcott. Considering he is our main striker and plays right through the middle I don't think its too much of an issue. Its more a case of RVP scoring lots of goals than us being overly reliant on him. We are the least reliant on him of all the top scores in Europe, i.e. all the others are responsible for a higher portion of their teams goals.

ReputationRep:
      God forbid any injuries to RVP but even if they did, we'll need to hope it isn't anything serious and he's not carrying the team on his back like he was last season (so his back is healthy ) and SAF is resting him as much as possible, like today and other games he's been on the bench. But hopefully Rooney will return and realise he needs to up his game a tad. Strikers in the same team always have a competitive edge between them, and I'm sure he wants to be THE man again in light of RVP's arrival.

ReputationRep:
      Brilliant day today!

Went to London with no ticket, just for the day out with the lads and figured I'd see what was around and maybe pick up a spare last minute. 45 minutes before kick-off we set off to the ground on a tube train full of reds that was rocking the whole way with everyone singing loudly, bit of fun. Never got a ticket but figured I'd follow everyone anyway. Ended up outside the away end after the kickoff and the security was a shambles, hundreds of fans were stuck outside and late getting in. In the end I managed to get in and was about three of us standing in every seat where I was! Top away atmosphere as usual, singing for 90 minutes. A couple of times our end wouldn't give the ball back too and it stopped the game. Crowd went absolutely ballistic for the equaliser ... hugging strangers, people climbing on seats, folks falling down several rows. Looked like a mosh pit with a load of seats in the way! Someone tried to climb on me! Loads of seats got broken in the carnage, proper mental end to a fairly boring game.

This season is feeling like something special. Robin appearing to be the Cantona of this generation, strong rumours inside the club that it's Ferguson's last year, entertaining football, late comebacks, and we're still in the three major tournaments. Dare I say it's feeling a little 98/99 all over again?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.