Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    It's completely different. RVP was by far the best player at Arsenal and wanted to leave to get the trophies that his ability deserves. Rooney is not the best player at Utd by a long way, and has already won trophies and will probably continue to do so.

He probably thinks he's better than he is, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, City etc won't want him, if he wants to keep the same wages he'll have to go to PSG.
    Now now, he might be acting like a ****, but he's still one of the top 10 desirable footballers in the world. City would have him in a heartbeat, we won't sell to them. Barça may go for him as he's another dimension to their play but highly unlikely if they are getting Neymar in summer. Bayern would suit him, Manzdukic and Gomez are the same sort of striker, Rooney would be another option for them, and Madrid also are a striker light with Higuain and Benzema both in poor form this year. I agree PSG is the likely destination though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Six year contract :facepalm:

Good look to him, really hope he proves me wrong.
    He will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Now now, he might be acting like a ****, but he's still one of the top 10 desirable footballers in the world. City would have him in a heartbeat, we won't sell to them. Barça may go for him as he's another dimension to their play but highly unlikely if they are getting Neymar in summer. Bayern would suit him, Manzdukic and Gomez are the same sort of striker, Rooney would be another option for them, and Madrid also are a striker light with Higuain and Benzema both in poor form this year. I agree PSG is the likely destination though.
    I don't think he is. Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Bale, Falcao, RVP, Gotze, Lewandowski, Ozil, Ribery. Just 10 off the top of my head that pretty much any team would rather have.

ReputationRep:
    I am personally very happy with Moyes appointment. I believe he will provide good stability for the team and club. All this palava about European experience, at the end of the day, Moyes was always going to get this experience joining a top team in Britain, so inevitably that question would always appear, however he is a great manager in the English league, so with him we should continually get into Europe which will build on his experience, and hopefully lead us to a title.

We are Manchester United. We are not Real Madrid. We are not Chelsea. We are not Manchester City. We build out trophies from a club which has stable influential managers, not from the bank of rich oil billionaires.

I hope Moyes well, and hope that United fans welcome him into the club.

ReputationRep:
    It's completely different. RVP was by far the best player at Arsenal and wanted to leave to get the trophies that his ability deserves. Rooney is not the best player at Utd by a long way, and has already won trophies and will probably continue to do so.

He probably thinks he's better than he is, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, City etc won't want him, if he wants to keep the same wages he'll have to go to PSG.
    Isnt that worse then? Deserting when you're desperately needed like RVP(after being given so much by AFC) did vs leaving when a team doesnt really need you? Also we know for sure that Rooney isnt asking to leave for money as he is already being paid above his market rate whereas RVP tripped his wages overnight. Also Rooney will probably not join a hated rival like City out of respect for the fans?

Again just love how football fans logical mind works. RVP=classy guy, Rooney=chav ****. Its not just Utd fans, everyone does it but still :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'll give him my support but their reasoning behind picking him is all fluff. "He gets Manchester United" etc. Probably one of the best options right now but always thought we'd do better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Six year contract :facepalm:

Good look to him, really hope he proves me wrong.
    Doesn't mean anything unless you know the details, like Pardew's 8 year deal which for the club purposes is just a 1 year deal.

ReputationRep:
    In what way is Moyes a Man Utd man *sratches head*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Isnt that worse then? Deserting when you're desperately needed like RVP(after being given so much by AFC) did vs leaving when a team doesnt really need you?

Again just love how football fans logical mind works. RVP=classy guy, Rooney=chav ****. :rolleyes:
    I've never said either of those things about RVP or Rooney :lol:

It could be seen as worse, but it could be seen as fair enough for him to leave, and he had every right to.

ReputationRep:
    Announcing his successor, Sir Alex Ferguson said:

"When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on David Moyes. David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. I've admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of Assistant Manager here. He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this Club.”

Sir Bobby Charlton said:

“I have always said that we wanted the next manager to be a genuine Manchester United man. In David Moyes, we have someone who understands the things that make this such a special club. We have secured a man who is committed to the long-term and will build teams for the future as well as now. Stability breeds success.

“David has tremendous strength of character and recognises the importance of bringing young players through and developing them alongside world class talent. At United, I think David will be able to express himself. I’m delighted he has accepted and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Ed Woodward, said:

“In David Moyes, we have secured the services of an outstanding manager who has all the skills to build on the phenomenal legacy in place today. I have no doubt that he will bring an energy and commitment to deliver winning football that is part of the fabric of this Club. In this respect, he is cut from the same cloth as the Old Trafford greats who go before him.

“I have been very impressed by David’s personal and managerial traits, which reflect the Manchester United values. I have no doubt that he will embrace, and soon become an integral part of, United’s unique culture and heritage.”

Joel Glazer said:

“I am very pleased David has agreed to lead Manchester United into the future. His hard working style and steely determination and are characteristics we value at the Club. He has impressed as a coach for many years now and we strongly believe he will be able to take up from where Alex is leaving off by continuing this Club’s tradition of flair football played by exciting, world class players.”

Avie Glazer said:

“The search for a new manager has been very short. Alex was very clear with his recommendation and we are delighted that David has agreed to accept the job. He comes to us with excellent credentials and a strong track record. I know he is keen to get started and Ed will be sitting down with him as soon as the season is over to discuss plans for the summer and beyond."

David Gill said:

“I’m delighted that David has agreed to join Manchester United. He has done a terrific job at Everton and has all the qualities that we are looking for in a manager to succeed Alex.”

David Moyes said:

“It’s a great honour to be asked to be the next Manager of Manchester United. I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done and for the Football Club.

“I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn’t something that comes around very often and I’m really looking forward to taking up the post next season.

“I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and Board of Directors and a great set of players. Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table.

“Everton’s fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players. Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life.”

David will be introduced to the world as the Manager of Manchester United in due course.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ppoints-new-manager-david-moyes.aspx?pageNo=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    In what way is Moyes a Man Utd man *sratches head*
    He's not a United man, more of a SAF man

ReputationRep:
    I dislike the attitude I've seen some Utd fans showing towards Moyes.

Has never won a trophy.. but how many people have won trophies when not given a chance at a team that can truly challenge for trophies?
    I get the impression that most Utd fans expect that they should carry on having the same success they've had under Fergie under their next manager, but is that realisitic? Fergie is the best manager there's ever been. Your last 2 championships, your team and performances have been actually quite poor by your standards and the ONLY reason you've still come out on top is Fergie. NO manager will be capable of maintaining the same level of success you've been having so don't think that they will. Now I'm not saying you're going to go into a demise ala Liverpool in the early 90's, but quite frankly if Moyes gets 2 league titles and a cup in the next 6 years, I would deem him to have been successful. I've seen some people saying the minimum he should be getting is 4 league titles and a CL win in that time, which is just a ludicrous expectation. Even Fergie would struggle to achieve that.

Fergie is gone, it was always going to happen sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Moyes, I hope you have big feet.......you have some awfully big boots too fill......best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    At least with Moyes you know he has an eye for developing young players, however i just hope he buys a cm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm very excited to see David Moyes' Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    I've never said either of those things about RVP or Rooney :lol:

It could be seen as worse, but it could be seen as fair enough for him to leave, and he had every right to.
    Yeah but the personal hate on here for Rooney combined with adulation for RVP last night is amusing. As RVP wouldnt drop Utd for City tomorrow morning if it suited him whereas Rooney obviously isnt leaving for money and just wants a fresh start after his career has stagnated and been open and honest with the club about that...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he is. Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Bale, Falcao, RVP, Gotze, Lewandowski, Ozil, Ribery. Just 10 off the top of my head that pretty much any team would rather have.
    I'd rather have Rooney than Gotze and Ozil tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    I'd rather have Rooney than Gotze and Ozil tbh.
    No way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Well, I'm very excited to see David Moyes' Manchester United.
    Glad he's been given a 6 year contract. ITT it will take at least two years before we have a Moyes' United.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, David Moyes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.