Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member9876)
    Valencia best start to remember he's a footballer next season
    Lol let's hope so! Personally, I'd only like to see Anderson and Nani leave and have them replaced with a quality CM and winger. Still think we should try and keep Rooney.

I'd also love for one or two youngsters, particularly Powell to be given more chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I'm really interested to see if David Moyes changes things tactically or attempts to emulate SAF-type tactics.

AVB has warned Moyes not to make a move for Bale :rofl2:http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...or-Gareth-Bale

If Rooney were to go and Bale to come in, that'd be one hell of a line-up, as Kagawa would be given his proper position back. Just dreaming..

Carrick New-CM
    Valencia Kagawa Bale
    RVP

:moon:
    Agreed on the tactics front, will be interesting to see how Moyes sets the team up.

I love Spurs desperately telling Bale he should sign a new deal. If he does that is pretty much his career at WHL, even in this form its touch and go whether he's worth the £50m Spurs will want a new deal would make him near unbuyable for a few seasons at least.

I wouldn't mind Bale I guess, I'm not quite as hyped up as everyone else. I saw the Guardian's predicted line up for Swansea, has Kagawa behind RVP, which makes sense if the Rooney issues are true.

ReputationRep:
    Whether we sign a winger or not a central mid has to be signed ASAP. I heard Fellani started following our twitter...it's on?

We just cannot expect to keep going with the same midfield

ReputationRep:
    Think your Carrick chant's just the best ever :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    If Scholes is retiring we certainly will need to sign a CM by necessity, I would also think player like Anderson would be worried. He's a talent but the faith shown in him was based on something Ferguson saw, not Moyes. He could find himself on the way out tbh.

Also has to post this, just because Welbeck is in a suit
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know why but I laughed pretty hard when I saw them all on TV and then Ashley Young behind them on crutches.

(Original post by Louis.)
    Looks like Reservoir Dogs gone wrong.
    :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Lol let's hope so! Personally, I'd only like to see Anderson and Nani leave and have them replaced with a quality CM and winger. Still think we should try and keep Rooney.

I'd also love for one or two youngsters, particularly Powell to be given more chances.
    I don't know what's going on with Nani's contract, but if it wasn't an issue i'd be desperate for him to stay at the club. Young and Valencia are solid players at their best but offer very similar things, Nani's got so much more to his game. If we had to lose a winger to bring a new one in, which is probably the case, i'd prefer to lose Young.

If Nani won't sign a new contract then we have to let him go though, pretty sure it's up after next season.

ReputationRep:
    If Scholes is retiring we certainly will need to sign a CM by necessity, I would also think player like Anderson would be worried. He's a talent but the faith shown in him was based on something Ferguson saw, not Moyes. He could find himself on the way out tbh.

Also has to post this, just because Welbeck is in a suit
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Rooney's suit looks awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nani is a tricky one. From reports I read, we opened talks, he wanted £185k p/w, we offered £120k p/w, he came back with £150k p/w and we walked away from the talks. At his peak which is rare and doesn't last long Nani is worth that money but for 90% of the year, he's not worth anymore than Valencia or Young. Paying him the money he wants could cause serious problems in the wage bill, when the likes Hernandez wants his next contract or Kagawa, you'll be pushing most of the first 11 well above 100k p/w.

Stretford End banner for SAF

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Akkuz)
      I'm really interested to see if David Moyes changes things tactically or attempts to emulate SAF-type tactics.

AVB has warned Moyes not to make a move for Bale :rofl2:http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...or-Gareth-Bale

If Rooney were to go and Bale to come in, that'd be one hell of a line-up, as Kagawa would be given his proper position back. Just dreaming..

Carrick New-CM
      Valencia Kagawa Bale
      RVP

:moon:
      I agree with that formation except for one player, Valencia. He has been extremely poor this season, well, ever since the broken leg and he hasn't been the same since. Continually this season we have gone down the right side and ended up with nothing.

It's a shame, as we don't have anybody who can really replace him.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by _Morsey_)
      I agree with that formation except for one player, Valencia. He has been extremely poor this season, well, ever since the broken leg and he hasn't been the same since. Continually this season we have gone down the right side and ended up with nothing.
      I wouldn't go as far as saying ever since the ankle break. He broke his ankle at the start of the 10/11 season, and was our player of the season in 11/12. His best ever season came after the break. He's seems to have declined as he has tried to add more to his game. He's been coming inside a lot more and quite frankly doesn't have the technical ability. Valencia is a one trick pony, who is very good at his trick.

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't go as far as saying ever since the ankle break. He broke his ankle at the start of the 10/11 season, and was our player of the season in 11/12. His best ever season came after the break. He's seems to have declined as he has tried to add more to his game. He's been coming inside a lot more and quite frankly doesn't have the technical ability. Valencia is a one trick pony, who is very good at his trick.
      I agree. Ive noticed this season that not only is he varying going inside and outside but also the type of crossing which he didn't do before. He used to only have a drilled cross at pace but he has been trying more lofted and chipped crosses.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      Stretford End banner for SAF
      Thats been there 18 months or so. It was sent off to the woman that makes the banners earlier in the week to be updated to 26 years and have one more league trophy stuck on the end. Dunno if its finished for tomorrow.

I'm normally in that end of the ground so I don't see the banner, sitting opposite it tomorrow and being reminded of all that throughout the game is going to do nothing to help my already fragile emotional state.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.bringronaldohome.org/

Aimed at Manchester United football fans around the world, built on the crowd-funding concept, we are asking fans to make a pledge, conditional on Manchester United signing Ronaldo. Each fan is to pledge £55 to buy an authentic Manchester United Ronaldo 7 shirt. Proceeds will be conditionally provided to Manchester United – to enable them to have the fan-sourced funds to secure the transfer.
      So far 2693 people have pledged. Amazingly weird people

(Original post by IanDangerously)
        Thats been there 18 months or so. It was sent off to the woman that makes the banners earlier in the week to be updated to 26 years and have one more league trophy stuck on the end. Dunno if its finished for tomorrow.

I'm normally in that end of the ground so I don't see the banner, sitting opposite it tomorrow and being reminded of all that throughout the game is going to do nothing to help my already fragile emotional state.
        Derp, it totally is :facepalm2: Probably should've researched a further minute before taking it

I can only imagine it'll be finished by tomorrow :yep: Atmosphere tomorrow will be phenomenal mind, very jealous.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tommyjw)
        http://www.bringronaldohome.org/

So far 2693 people have pledged. Amazingly weird people
        Lol. I'm no mathematician, but I think it's going to need quite a few more pledges..:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Akkuz)
        Lol. I'm no mathematician, but I think it's going to need quite a few more pledges..:rofl2:
        Needs nearly 1.5m to equal what we paid for him. He could also just say no at the end of it too.

ReputationRep:
        Yeah I just read that Scholes is to announce his retirement tomorrow too. I actually want to cry. He's irreplaceable

ReputationRep:
        You guys that get to go to OT are so lucky

Hopefully I'll see united at white hart lane next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Memorable weekend this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.