Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    & my point was that there are some things that you just don't joke about.
    Do you think the linesman would be offended/scared by what he said? If no, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Oliver Torres is one of the names to watch out for next season. He 18 year old that is Paul Scholes-esq and everyone wants him. Plays for Atletico madrid first team regularly now. I hope we sign him up- it will make an easier transition from Scholsy retiring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Do you think the linesman would be offended/scared by what he said? If no, it doesn't matter.
    Nah but some people will be offended though, like people who have had loved ones murdered for instance.

(I don't care about negs btw, it won't stop me from giving my opinions :laugh:

Can we get over this nonsense? SAF made a joke and someone is claiming it as mildly offensive. We clearly disagree, let's move on.

ReputationRep:
      I have no words if anybody is seriously offended by what he said.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Multitalented me)
      Nah but some people will be offended though, like people who have had loved ones murdered for instance.

(I don't care about negs btw, it won't stop me from giving my opinions :laugh:
      You're always gonna offend someone it seems :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      That's not the point others may be offended like people who have lost loved ones through murder as it is trivialised somewhat, same if someone were to joke about raping someone. I'm going to stop now as I don't think it is going to change opinions of others & may make me sound somewhat of a pedant & a really serious person of which I am not.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NathanW18)
      I have no words if anybody is seriously offended by what he said.
      :facepalm2::lol: can't make a joke anymore I guess?

ReputationRep:
      DId you mean to mention Pogba in there?
      Yes haha just realised xD

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jam277)
      :facepalm2::lol: can't make a joke anymore I guess?
      In today's age, no.

ReputationRep:
      anyone notice there wasn't much of a hug from ferguson to rooney during the title

ReputationRep:
      A surreal but great send off for Sir Alex. Old Trafford was vibrant with noise and colour and on the former, loved the chants that occured during the game from Ronaldo, to Neville to Mancini!

I was hardly concentrating on the game other than knowing it SAF's last home game But loved seeing Rio smash the winner in, he'll be dining out on that one for a good few years in terms of how well he hit it (not as good as the Liverpool goal though) and being the last scorer in SAF's last home game.

Lovely touch for SAF to be handed the trophy by the captain and vice-captain, fitting.

The Mirror were reporting yesterday that Rooney hadn't asked for a transfer but merely asked for his role to be clarified but SAF confirms it was a transfer request. Rooney got a mixed reception when he was announced for the medal collection although it was more cheers than boos I'd say, but slightly more. Neville's defence of Rooney is not something I'd agree with. Rooney's a grown man, he was three years ago when he gave his last request but if he stays and wants a new deal, it won't be for the same money which other clubs (Chelsea) might offer him and that might influence his decision. I'm not fussed if he stays or goes anymore.

I have to say my heart melted a tad when SAF revealed his decision to leave was down to supporting his wife over the loss of her sister. It's very romantic in the way that she has supported him so strongly for the years he has been in management and was probably responsible for his retirement U-turn in 2002 that he's left the game to help her through her tough time.

Thank you Sir Alex.

ReputationRep:
      Rooney said we were not ambitious enough, so we go out and buy the EPL and Bundesligue player of the year & moans now that he is no longer the main man. Haha funny how times have changed, I appreciate his efforts for the clubs pre 2010 but after that he has not been seen in the same light.

ReputationRep:
      He's not really ended up
      As the best player in the world which many people thought when we first bought him

ReputationRep:
      Pundits were spot on - Rooney hasn't been able to deal with the arrival of RVP.

RVP's been far superior to Rooney, hence Rooney is frustrated. Simple really.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aky786UK)
      Lovely touch for SAF to be handed the trophy by the captain and vice-captain, fitting.
      er through her tough time.

Thank you Sir Alex.
      I love how some of the stars from his early Manchester career (i.e. Bruce and Robson) handed the cup to Vidic and Evra who handed it to SAF. It just seem perfect and how he mentioned Scholes as such an important part of his reign.

ReputationRep:
      how much do you guys think you could get for rooney?

40mil?

35?

If you could get 40.. then theres a lot that could be done with that kind of money..

ReputationRep:
      Have a great retirement Sir Alex, you are a legend, :adore: .
      Here is a list of Sir Alex Ferguson's Signings.
      (I do apologise if I have missed anyone that has played for Manchester United.)

Signings

Spoiler:
      Show

1987: Viv Anderson
      Brian McClair
      Steve Bruce
      1988:Jim Leighton
      Lee Sharpe
      Mal Donaghy
      Ralph Mine
      Mark Hughes
      Giuliano Mairoana
      1989: Mike Phelan
      Gary Pallister
      Neill Web
      Brian Carey
      Danny Wallace
      Paul Ince
      1990: Denis Irwin
      Les Sealey
      Neil Withworth
      1991: Andrei Kanchelskis
      Peter Schmeichel
      Paul Parker
      1992/93: Eric Cantona
      Dion Dublin
      Pat McGibbon
      1993/94: Graeme Tomlinson
      Roy Keane
      1994/95: Andy Cole
      David May
      1995/96: Jordi Cryuff
      Karel Poborsky
      Ole Solskjaer
      Ronny Johnsen
      Rai Van der Gouw
      Tony Coton
      Nick Culkin
      William Prunier
      1996/97: Erik Nevland
      Teddy Sheringham
      1997/98: Jonathan Greening
      Henning Berg
      1998/99: Bojan Djordjic
      Dwight Yorke
      Jesper Blomqvist
      Jaap Stam
      1999/00: Fabian Barthez
      Mikael Silvestre
      Massimo Taibi
      Quinton Fortune
      Mark Bosnich
      2001/02: Luke Steele
      Diego Forlan
      Laurent Blanc
      Roy Carroll
      Juan Veron
      Andy Goram
      Ruud Van Nistelrooy
      2002/03: Ricardo
      Rio Ferdinand
      Kieran Richardson
      2003/04: Chris Eagles
      Jonathan Spector
      Liam Miller
      Gabriel Heinze
      Alan Smith
      Louis Saha
      Dong Fangzhuo
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Kleberson
      Tim Howard
      Eric Djemba-Djema
      David Bellion
      Lee Martin
      2004/05: Wayne Rooney
      Giuseppe Rossi
      Gerard Pique
      2005/06: Patrice Evra
      Nemanja Vidic
      Ben Foster
      Ji-Sung Park
      Edwin Van Der Sar
      2006/07: Michael Carrick
      Henrik Larsson
      2007/08: Manucho
      Carlos Tevez
      Nani
      Tomasz Kuszczak
      Anderson
      Owen Hargreaves
      Rafael Da Silva
      Fabio Da Silva
      Rodrigo Possebon
      2008/09: Dimitar Berbabtov
      Zoran Tosic
      Ritchie De Laet
      2009/10: Antonio Valencia
      Michael Owen
      Gabriel Obertan
      Mame Biram Diouf
      Paul Pogba
      2010/11: Chris Smalling
      Javier Hernandez
      Marnick Vermijl
      Bebe
      Anders Lindegaard
      2011/12: Phil Jones
      David De Gea
      Ashley Young
      2012/13: Nick Powell
      Shinji Kagawa
      Sean Goss
      Robin Van Persie
      Angelo Henrique
      Alexander Buttner
      Wilfried Zaha

Images of Signings

Spoiler:
      Show

ReputationRep:
      Perfect climax for Sir Alex Ferguson and Paul Scholes today

Thank you Sir Alex Ferguson. Thank you Paul Scholes.

ReputationRep:
      It's Moyes' decision on Rooney now.

If SAF was not going to retire then I assume Rooney would have put his foot down and left because it seems the relationship between the two has been damaged. As noted in the Sunday Supplement, when SAF was going to retire in 2002, guys like Yorke and Beckham who were having a tough period in the relationship with SAF, were probably hoping for a clean slate with the new gaffer but when Fergie U-turned on his decision, they ended up leaving.

It might be the same for Rooney. Moyes/Rooney have resolved their previous issues and it seems amicable but Rooney might stay after speaking to him BUT any new contract from us will not be for the money he is on now so from a contractual point of view, might be wise to sell him. I can't see him taking less money. The good thing is the ball is firmly in our court if he wants to stay which means he'll have to take a smaller wage.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.